User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Js and Time

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.
    I read this and thought... why would it be considered *acceptable* to be that late without having the decency to let you know? Do they think you wouldn't have been doing other things with your time had you known? That would irritate the crap out of me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It sounds like this thread is about talking about our reactions to late people. My reaction - more and more tired and bored as I waited, and a little irritated.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Depends on the circumstance. When it comes to parties of any kind, our group is totally relaxed, even if people are being fed since it's always buffet style. So someone arriving two hours or more late is fine.

If we're doing anything time reliant, 1/2 hour is okay. An hour late with no heads up call and they wouldn't find me at the meeting place.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Is it "normal" to get mad when people are almost 2+ hours late to something without contacting you about being late or not being able to make it or is it mostly an anal J trait? I take it personally if people don't tell me because I hate having my time wasted.
    I am extremely P, and I typically can be 5-10 minutes late for casual get-togethers and whatever else... but two hours later without calling, texting, or e-mailing (esp considering how everyone has a cell phone) is beyond rude. I give people a little flex myself, since I know how I can be; but after 10-15 minutes without any explanation, that's when I call them myself, and if they don't answer, I start wondering whether they've had an emergency, forgot the meeting, or are just inconsiderate jerks.

I'd find something to occupy myself, and after 30 minutes, decide they weren't coming and go do something else.

Note: I don't know if I'd be different if I hadn't been raised/surrounded by J's, in an environment where etiquette was very important and there are just some things you don't do to people. I see it empathetic, though; I can imagine what someone else might feel like if I stood them up and/or potentially worried them with an unexplained absence, and I don't want to waste their time, so...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

If someone is running 2+ hours late, it grates on my nerves. Quite disconcerting. Even a half an hour late makes me feel like I am on pins and needles. If you are running late, the least you can do is call and let me know that you will be delayed and give me a reason for tardiness. If you don't think you can make it within the allocated time that we are supposed to meet, then cancel and reschedule the meeting.

Seriously, I get anal retentive about lateness. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by curiousfeeling
    If you don't think you can make it within the allocated time that we are supposed to meet, then cancel and reschedule the meeting.
    Exactly, that's the thing: It's okay if something came up and we need to reschedule, but a reluctance/refusal to call and reschedule on their part wastes my time and leaves me feeling I can't trust them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have issues getting somewhere on time when I am not in busy mode aka relaxed. On a normal day in the week I meet with a lot of people at work and am busy going from A to B the whole week. I am famous for my punctuality already and I tend to use the spelling "ten minutes before the time is a soldiers punctuality" which actually rhymes in german .

Yet when I am on my freetime, like when I was visiting my Mum for Easter; I told her I'll be there in the noon. I remember her asking a specific time and I said 1 o clock. Yea I forgot that and arrived 3 o clock what of course sucks cause she's preparing dinner.

So that means I am pretty awesome when it comes to remembering stuff and meeting deadlines, but it needs me to be very concentrated and tense. When I let loose and become more relaxed and myself things dont work. Kinda sucky, yet again with my current weekly time schedule which is insane, I think I have the right to be a little late in my freetime :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    If someone is running 2+ hours late, it grates on my nerves. Quite disconcerting. Even a half an hour late makes me feel like I am on pins and needles. If you are running late, the least you can do is call and let me know that you will be delayed and give me a reason for tardiness. If you don't think you can make it within the allocated time that we are supposed to meet, then cancel and reschedule the meeting.

Seriously, I get anal retentive about lateness. :P
    Why are you on pins and needles? I'm not calling you on your emotional response, just wondering.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned

I stab people who are 2 hours late with a sword.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

If after 30 minutes you haven't shown up, and I can't reach you at all, I'm gone and if the person doesn't apologize or explain themselves to me afterwards, I blacklist them and avoid them thereon in.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson