User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    this would be typical of ESxJ's in general, correct?
    Yeah..pretty much. While ISjs would have Ne PoLR. Which essentially means they don't like ideas that don't net concrete benefit in some way (ESj's would entertain Ne more.. it's their hidden agenda function.. they actually try to be novel and creative).

If you're actually Ne PoLR, then you'd be an ESI in Socionics, not SEI.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

the socionics, mbti transfers throw me off so much.

i could see ESxJ's and Ne as being a hidden agenda. that makes sense with my sister and my ESTJ best friend.

must read about ESI.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

the socionics, mbti transfers throw me off so much..
    Yeah... I actually don't even want to think about it anymore.

I'm not saying you're necessarily ESI, but I'm just saying.. if your differences are about Ne (rather than Te, like it'd be in SEIs and IEIs), then you might be ESI.

Another thing: I don't think the main ESI description is done well.. I've gotten agreement about that from others more familiar with Socionics too. It's too aggressive.. almost like a mafia boss or something.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

In mbti, ISFP is Fi/Se/Ni/Te with Fe/Si/Ne/Ti shadow. so when i think tertiary opposite, i think of Ne. and it certainly is the one that brings up the most distrust for me. but is that Ne similar to socionics Ne?

ISFj doesn't really sound like me... maybe parts of it. But I'm horrible with money.
    -John Green

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You have to make sure of the role the function is playing in your consciousness. The only functions that determine type are the dominant and auxiliary. The others are sort of "mirrors" that fall into place based on the dom. and aux. That is, according to roles, not necessarily strengths.

So if you have conflicting functions all coming out strongly, then it's just a matter of verifying which ones are truly "preferred". The ones that are shadow will likely have some sort of negative context (even if it's a positive compensation in some negative situation), where the preferred ones are your default perception and judgment processes.
    I was thinking more of NTP and NFP results, which I remember more. I know for INTP's Se is often high (I seem to be a big exception), and Fi also seems to be high most of the time. (This also includes results posted on other boards, such as INTPc) For NFP's, Ti is often strong. (I guess for NJ's it's been a little different).

This is just an evidence I use, for the brain lateral theory. It has come out similar to that order enough to make note of it, even though there is no perfect consistency in it.
    My INTP husband has strong Fi (came out as his second strongest). I'd also argue his Se is very strong. That would support your argument. However, my Ti is abysmal. Absolutely abysmal.

In mbti, ISFP is Fi/Se/Ni/Te with Fe/Si/Ne/Ti shadow. so when i think tertiary opposite, i think of Ne. and it certainly is the one that brings up the most distrust for me. but is that Ne similar to socionics Ne?

ISFj doesn't really sound like me... maybe parts of it. But I'm horrible with money.
    Yes, Ne is one of the functions that correlates with MBTI neatly.

Wikisocion:

Extroverted intuition (Ne) is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Ne, I, intuition of possibilities, or black intuition.

Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others.

They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators. Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.
    Linda Berens (MBTI, more or less):

Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things “as if,” with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We don’t know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.
    I'll also add that if you are SEI, then you'd be a great fan of Ne.. their dual is the most overt Ne type out of them all.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

The (black triangle) blocked with (open or white square) in the super-id means that an SEI derives great enjoyment from ideas and concepts that stimulate his or her intellectual curiosity along with a great thirst for knowledge that builds upon the SEI's ideals. Any concept that seems new and novel gains an enormous amount of attention from an SEI.
    I can agree with this statement.

Maybe I've just been introduced to too many conspiracy theories... and too many, "but I'm a healer." I'd say, for an SP, I'm quite a rational. I used to love entertaining new ideas, but after hearing so many apocalypse theories with little bearing, or, "I saw a fox the other day, and then two days later it got hit with a car. And then this guy I know was wearing a red fox shirt, and then this kid died. And I should have seen it coming, from all the signs." Perhaps the Ne's I know are just crazy?
    -John Green

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Maybe I've just been introduced to too many conspiracy theories... and too many, "but I'm a healer." I'd say, for an SP, I'm quite a rational. I used to love entertaining new ideas, but after hearing so many apocalypse theories with little bearing, or, "I saw a fox the other day, and then two days later it got hit with a car. And then this guy I know was wearing a red fox shirt, and then this kid died. And I should have seen it coming, from all the signs." Perhaps the Ne's I know are just crazy?
    Sure, Ne makes me jump to weird conclusions sometimes, but I would say I can be very practical if I want to be. I don't see that as being a criterion, with all due respect.

Maybe I've just been introduced to too many conspiracy theories... and too many, "but I'm a healer." I'd say, for an SP, I'm quite a rational.
    Lol, what?

People are going to get mad here probably, but the apocalypse is usually a Ni thing (not even necessarily NJ either.. could be an SP's paranoia). I say that not because Ni is crazy, but generally speaking, it's more concerned with direct projection into the future - it's usually optimistic, of course, but the point is that it promotes a singular vision or goal instead. Ne is only indirectly concerned with future related matters. In a sense, it doesn't even take it's own suggestions that seriously half of the time. They just brain storm possibility- mostly referencing things from the environment itself. And the possibilities are multiple. Not singular. Nor are they visionary.. they are less detailed, only skimming the surface of ideas, so to speak (some would even say this is a fault).

I used to love entertaining new ideas, but after hearing so many apocalypse theories with little bearing, or, "I saw a fox the other day, and then two days later it got hit with a car. And then this guy I know was wearing a red fox shirt, and then this kid died. And I should have seen it coming, from all the signs." Perhaps the Ne's I know are just crazy?
    The same goes for "signs". Looking for symbolism into things like that is Ni.

Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I wasn't trying to be mean or rude if it came off that way. It's simply that, my ex was an INFP, and at first everything was incredibly interesting. I loved it and loved entertaining the ideas he threw out there. But it was beginning to push it for me, and I just had a hard time fully trusting his ideas that he felt solid about. The above is one of the examples. Synchronicity's he was big into. As was I. But for him, he was finding rocks and eventually was attempting to read the future through those rocks. I find little bearing in that, personally.
    -John Green