From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    Exactly the point that I was making - online tests do a TERRIBLE job of differentiating between Ti and Te. I also get high Te score on the free tests.
    If I spot key words such as "contingency planning" or "efficiency" then I know it's Te related. If it says something along the lines of "internal logic" then it's Ti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Exactly the point that I was making - online tests do a TERRIBLE job of differentiating between Ti and Te. I also get high Te score on the free tests.
    Yeah, the tests are no good at all for determining the roles of functions (except, maybe, the dominant and auxiliary). I think it starts making more sense when they are thought of in these roles instead of the supposed strengths of usage. I'm still skeptical though that the tertiary-opposite is the role that we are necessarily weakest at.

All Natural! All Good!

I have worst "use" and most rejection of Si or Fe (meaning that I reject Si and Fe attitudes and dislike them strongly in other people), which are supposed to be my 'double agents'. Who knows anymore...
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    It's too subconscious for the individual to see (as is the anima/animus to begin with). Now the tertiary opposite is a more obvious gap.
    Hmmm... so would the eighth function be like something you rarely use and just don't understand at all? And as for the tertiary opposite, would this be the function that someone is the least skilled in using (aside from the last function), or rather something that causes them great discomfort? For example, I use a sort of internalized version of Fe (not to be confused with Fi) all the time, but I HATE it. I also hate it when people get all mushy-gushy, touchy-feely with me. Would you assume Fe to be my tertiary opposite or no because I tend to use it a lot?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The 8 function order is not about strength or frequency of "use". Lenore Thomson's "ship" theory says that the 7th and 8th (which she actually places 3rd and 4th!) are the brain hemisphere alternatives we run to when the dominant and auxiliary can't solve a problem. There seems to be something to that, as they often come up strong in the cognitive process tests. (And the inferior and often tertiary as weakest).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The 8 function order is not about strength or frequency of "use". Lenore Thomson's "ship" theory says that the 7th and 8th (which she actually places 3rd and 4th!) are the brain hemisphere alternatives we run to when the dominant and auxiliary can't solve a problem. There seems to be something to that, as they often come up strong in the cognitive process tests. (And the inferior and often tertiary as weakest).
    Trickster and daemon tend to be higher in cognitive process test? If true, wouldn't this invalidate the whole notion of function based typing?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am the king of Sensotardia.

As far as I am aware, I do not believe I have any subjects and my kingdom is mine alone.

PS: Failure to see the irony is considered a crime in my kingdom. *waves kingly cane menacingly, knocking over several vases in the process*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The 8 function order is not about strength or frequency of "use". Lenore Thomson's "ship" theory says that the 7th and 8th (which she actually places 3rd and 4th!) are the brain hemisphere alternatives we run to when the dominant and auxiliary can't solve a problem. There seems to be something to that, as they often come up strong in the cognitive process tests . (And the inferior and often tertiary as weakest).
    Where do you see this happening? Who do you know irl where this is reflected? (aside from yourself, as I'm assuming part of why you see credence in the theory is because you notice it reflecting in your own self?)

To the bolded, I have yet to see any patterns of INxJ's on the forum where Si comes in stronger than Ti/Fi, or even Se.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Where do you see this happening? Who do you know irl where this is reflected? (aside from yourself, as I'm assuming part of why you see credence in the theory is because you notice it reflecting in your own self?)
    Surely you've noticed certain people genuflect in the presence of Lenore Thomson. If she said cancer cells dance an Irish Jig, some people would actually believe it. Top o' the mornin' to ya lassie.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Trickster and daemon tend to be higher in cognitive process test? If true, wouldn't this invalidate the whole notion of function based typing?
    You have to make sure of the role the function is playing in your consciousness. The only functions that determine type are the dominant and auxiliary. The others are sort of "mirrors" that fall into place based on the dom. and aux. That is, according to roles, not necessarily strengths.

So if you have conflicting functions all coming out strongly, then it's just a matter of verifying which ones are truly "preferred". The ones that are shadow will likely have some sort of negative context (even if it's a positive compensation in some negative situation), where the preferred ones are your default perception and judgment processes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post

To the bolded, I have yet to see any patterns of INxJ's on the forum where Si comes in stronger than Ti/Fi, or even Se.
    I was thinking more of NTP and NFP results, which I remember more. I know for INTP's Se is often high (I seem to be a big exception), and Fi also seems to be high most of the time. (This also includes results posted on other boards, such as INTPc) For NFP's, Ti is often strong. (I guess for NJ's it's been a little different).

This is just an evidence I use, for the brain lateral theory. It has come out similar to that order enough to make note of it, even though there is no perfect consistency in it.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas