• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The hardest personality test of ALL TIME

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was posted by Jaguar back in 2009:

http://web.mit.edu/10.27/www/Team-Building/Forms/thinksty.html

This link takes you to the Harrison-Bramson thinking styles test.

There are only 18 questions. However, the test-taker is required to rate each of the five responses to each question on a scale of 1-5. So it is really like taking a test with 90 questions.

On the other hand, some people who are fed up with forced choice tests might like this kind better.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't like forced choice tests much but I think this one was worse to take than most forced choice tests. For many of the questions I found it nearly impossible to rank all five choices. I'd say my results though were fairly accurate.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
it's a lot easier if you check out the bottom, which shows you the key for related groups, and then you can see the pattern through the answers.

obviously i'm a synthesist :laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's a lot easier if you check out the bottom, which shows you the key for related groups, and then you can see the pattern through the answers.

obviously i'm a synthesist :laugh:

Most synthesists are combo types.

G

garbage

well

61 SYNTHESIST (Scores from the first choice in every question)
50 IDEALIST (Scores from the second choice in every question)
61 PRAGMATIST (Scores from the third choice in every question)
59 ANALYST (Scores from the fourth choice in every question)
39 REALIST (Scores from the fifth choice in every question)

Yeah, I bolded the thing that was 59, even though it's not above 60. I hope nobody has a problem with that.

edit: oops, didn't read the thread. apparently this isn't the one for our results. I hope nobody has a problem with that either

I don't find the style to be too much different than a Likert-like response, in that I still had issues ranking some of the choices in some of the questions, and would have 'preferred' to give a neutral response to all of the choices in those questions. I don't think that affected the results too much, though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well

Yeah, I bolded the thing that was 59, even though it's not above 60. I hope nobody has a problem with that.

edit: oops, didn't read the thread. apparently this isn't the one for our results. I hope nobody has a problem with that either

I don't find the style to be too much different than a Likert-like response, in that I still had issues ranking some of the choices in some of the questions, and would have 'preferred' to give a neutral response to all of the choices in those questions. I don't think that affected the results too much, though.

There's no rule about posting your results either here or there. I revived the old Jaguar thread on the InQ just to comment on the rarity of his combo type.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
47 SYNTHESIST (Scores from the first choice in every question)
58 IDEALIST (Scores from the second choice in every question)
56 PRAGMATIST (Scores from the third choice in every question)
49 ANALYST (Scores from the fourth choice in every question)
60 REALIST (Scores from the fifth choice in every question)

:shock:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure what my old scores were, just that here pragmatist and synthesist are just about tied:

58 SYNTHESIST (Scores from the first choice in every question)
48 IDEALIST (Scores from the second choice in every question)
59 PRAGMATIST (Scores from the third choice in every question)
52 ANALYST (Scores from the fourth choice in every question)
53 REALIST (Scores from the fifth choice in every question)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
50 SYNTHESIST (Scores from the first choice in every question)
56 IDEALIST (Scores from the second choice in every question)
53 PRAGMATIST (Scores from the third choice in every question)
53 ANALYST (Scores from the fourth choice in every question)
58 REALIST (Scores from the fifth choice in every question)

Alas Faust, there are two souls housed within my breast

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
53 SYNTHESIST
52 IDEALIST
48 PRAGMATIST
59 ANALYST
58 REALIST
Last time I took this I'm sure my score for pragmatist was highest. Analyst makes slightly more sense though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you sure?

Dude, I was as honest as I could on this test, and more flabbergasted than you could imagine by the results. I checked..three times, to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ i got realist as my 2nd highest.

Most synthesists are combo types.

looking at the descriptions, it's hard for me to select another type that i am as clearly as synthesist. :shrug: i guess synthesist-realist, according to this test, though all the options besides synthesist had a fair amount less points.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ i got realist as my 2nd highest.

looking at the descriptions, it's hard for me to select another type that i am as clearly as synthesist. :shrug: i guess synthesist-realist, according to this test, though all the options besides synthesist had a fair amount less points.

I'm just saying you could be a combo type because you didn't actually take the test, you said you looked at the answer key. That means you can't say for sure that it's not.

wolfy

awsm
I already did this. I'm a realist, I don't need to do it again.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
58 SYNTHESIST
52 IDEALIST
62 PRAGMATIST
52 ANALYST
46 REALIST

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm just saying you could be a combo type because you didn't actually take the test, you said you looked at the answer key. That means you can't say for sure that it's not.

ohh, haha no, i actually took it, and i've taken it in the past - both times i've come out synthesist. i forgot how the answer pattern worked, anyway, so the results shouldn't be biased. what i mean is, i find it easier to understand what's being asked in the context of the answers. and to self-check based on them.