Thread: The ANSIR

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I checked the ANSIR thread over at INTJf and of those claiming to be INTJs they had the following thinking styles:

Sage
    Eccentrik
    Philosopher
    Evokateur
    Realist
    Dilligent
    Extremist

Frankly, that doesn't surprise me.

In this forum, I noticed several people with the same ANSIR thinking style, but they were not the same MBTI type. Furthermore, the Enneagram was not created to correlate with MBTI types. Why people keep trying to correlate everything under the sun with MBTI, makes no sense. Just because someone scores X in one context doesn't mean it has to match up with something similar to X in another context. That smacks of people wanting what is tidy, rather than what is true.
    What gets me is when someone can't find a one-to-one correlation and then gives up on it all out of frustration. I frankly find correlations to be more instructive, and anyway I don't see any single system to contain the Truth.

The human psyche, whether P or J or whatever, desires to find "tidy" intellectual unity in a single system. The existence of different varying systems frustrates this desire for neatly packaged answers, just as it may frustrate physicists to have two different explanations of the cosmos, one by general relativity and the other by quantum mechanics.

I would prefer to find a single Truth, but lacking any, I am satisfied to just have fun and go with what I've got to work with.

But if you have knowledge of various systems, don't you sense any identity at all between them? If so, why not seek out a single unified system of thought to explain the various identities?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I took this test in the 90s and was even a bit active on their boards (proto TypologyC?) I think my answers changed as I retested myself, but then, I was a wee youngin' then soooo~ :P

I remember I got 'Visionary' for all 3 1x, then I got 'Sage' for 'workstyle' (which didn't sound right, that sounds INTP all the way), and I got Evokateur and/or Idealist.

Too bad the website is not active for the test anymore, this seemed to be a thoroughly worked and novel system and a good parallel with MBT and Ennegram.
    I still have the Working category test scans posted on Photobucket.

But I recently noticed something that may answer your question. You scored "Visionary" at one time and then "Sage" (which is like the ennea-type 5) at a later date. Keeping in mind what I said about personal growth changing one's answers, and correlations between ANSIR and Riso's levels of integration, Riso labels the highest level of the type 5 the Visionary. And type 7 integrates to the higher levels of 5.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The scoring is all on the second sheet of the file But I screwed that part up of the sheet anyway Here's a fixed version of the ANSIR Working test.
    Your first Sage 5 score should read Eccentrik. My fault!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    But if you have knowledge of various systems, don't you sense any identity at all between them? If so, why not seek out a single unified system of thought to explain the various identities?
    I am so accustomed to looking at things from different angles that it's natural for me to have multiple theories for X in my head at any one time. I won't lose any sleep if there isn't one unified system. But that's me, personally.

What's instructive (as long as people don't continue engaging in confirmation bias) is being able to see that MBTI isn't what it's cracked up to be. An example being, "You're type XXXX, so you think like this." If that was actually true, people would score the same across all contexts, and they simply don't. So when something like the ANSIR is posted, and people see that those sorted into the same MBTI type are not getting the same results on the ANSIR, it seems people should wake up and make an adjustment in their own thinking.

If I were to give you a paint brush and 4 colors of paint, surely you don't think you would paint the same picture as every other INTP, do you? Of course not.
    But there are some people who actually think they would.

"Oh, an INTP couldn't have written that poem."
    "Oh, an INFP doesn't go bungee jumping."

You get the point.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I am so accustomed to looking at things from different angles that it's natural for me to have multiple theories for X in my head at any one time. I won't lose any sleep if there isn't one unified system. But that's me, personally.

What's instructive (as long as people don't continue engaging in confirmation bias) is being able to see that MBTI isn't what it's cracked up to be. An example being, "You're type XXXX, so you think like this." If that was actually true, people would score the same across all contexts, and they simply don't. So when something like the ANSIR is posted, and people see that those sorted into the same MBTI type are not getting the same results on the ANSIR, it seems people should wake up and make an adjustment in their own thinking.

If I were to give you a paint brush and 4 colors of paint, surely you don't think you would paint the same picture as every other INTP, do you? Of course not.
    But there are some people who actually think they would.

"Oh, an INTP couldn't have written that poem."
    "Oh, an INFP doesn't go bungee jumping."

You get the point.
    I went through the type-casting stage 25 years ago. At the time I also suffered from an intense dislike for any types in any system that seemed pragmatic ("pragmatists"). Ennea-type 3's positively revolted me. It just takes time to evolve out of this infancy stage of thinking about types while becoming a typologist.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am confused.

ThatGirl

Is the answer key the description the question is pertaining to?

Then measuring which ones you have more of a preference for?

Actually since you have the book, I can post my answers and let you score it for me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Taking this test is like doing work.

Work that I don't like.

Keeping up with details, putting numbers in spreadsheets, ugh.

ThatGirl

Not Me-A
    Mostly Not Me-B
    Somewhat Not Me-C
    Somewhat Me-D
    Mostly Me-E
    This is me-F

1) D
    2) F
    3) F
    4) E
    5) F
    6) A
    7) F
    8) E
    9) D
    10) D
    11) F
    12) E
    13) D
    14) F
    15) B
    16) D
    17) A

20) B
    21) F
    22) D
    23) E
    24) F
    25) B
    26) D
    27) F
    28) F
    29) F
    30) A
    31) A
    32) F
    33) F
    34) F
    35) B
    36) A
    37) E
    38) A
    39) E

48) C
    49) D
    50) F
    51) C
    52) B
    53) A
    54) F
    55) A
    56) A

Looks like some of the questions are missing, if you want to analyze this for me I would appreciate it.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Taking this test is like doing work.

Work that I don't like.

Keeping up with details, putting numbers in spreadsheets, ugh.
    Lol yeah. Although since I am trying to reorganize my goals and plans right now, I will take whatever feedback I can get. This is supposed to be career related, so I am all in.