• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What traits associated with your type don't fit you at all?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The best thing about this is that you actually posted in the other thread just nine days ago.

lol, I just reread it, hence the need for the apology. my terrible memory can be such a nuisance at times :doh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seven traits:

A description of 7w8:

This 7w8 description is intense. I may need to reevaluate myself! I'm not very good with the enneatypes.
(Reading into it. Perhaps I'm a 3?)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i hate how much the enneagram 4 descriptions stress the artist angle. i love and appreciate art, but i've never been good at creating it and i don't express myself through it. i'm also not nearly as emotionally expressive as they make 4's sound. i have a really heavy 5 wing or might even be 5w4 though so i don't know.

infp i'm maybe less concerned with morals, less afraid of conflict (only when it's not someone i care about.) oh and that one infps in relationships website says that i enjoy loving words more than sex. fuck that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP "traits" I don't identify with:

- comparisons to bunny rabbits & other woodland creatures (okay, I may be skittish like a doe-eyed deer)

- being some kind of spineless doormat, a people-pleaser, & being people-oriented in general

- being some kind of angelic Mother Theresa figure who has no interest in material things

- being into sci-fi, anime, & other geeky fantasy stuff

- being passive about voicing opinions/wants & always being nicey nice to people

- not being good at math or unable to grasp logical reasoning

- being emotionally expressive & crying a lot (my emotions are largely internalized)

- being easily hurt in a "soft", weepy, passive way (when I have hurt feelings or am offended, I am more likely to be angry and vengeful in a petty, self-righteous way)

-edited to add: a lot of e9-esque descriptions of INFPs don't fit me

e4 "traits" I don't identify with:

- being dramatic in relationships &/or very emotionally expressive (I am more subtly moody, & I loathe & avoid drama with other people)

- seeking attention via dramatic antics to prove uniqueness (I don't like to draw attention to myself, & again, I loath drama with people; drama from me is always part of an artistic expression)

- trying to be weird to assert uniqueness (I have a keen sense of defectiveness that actually makes me worry about being weird in a bad way)

- pouting a lot over stupid stuff (my emotions don't tend to be in direct response to interactions with others, where I prefer to maintain a placid exterior...it's more of a fantasy world where I explore moods)

e5 "traits" I don't identify with:

- not caring about appearance or aesthetics at all

- nihilism

- antagonistic, seeking to provoke people, feeling easily threatened

- avoiding dealing with your own emotions

Last edited:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
lol, I just reread it, hence the need for the apology. my terrible memory can be such a nuisance at times :doh:

In your defense, it was in another subforum... ^_^'

- trying to be weird to assert uniqueness (I have a ken sense of defectiveness that actually makes me worry about being weird in a bad way)

I've actually heard that Fours can either see themselves as defective/inferior/wounded or superior/entitled/special, in a parallel to the Six's phobia/counterphobia. The healthiest state, in theory, in both cases, is a bit of balance so you don't get stuck in one of the extremes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've actually heard that Fours can either see themselves as defective/inferior/wounded or superior/entitled/special, in a parallel to the Six's phobia/counterphobia. The healthiest state, in theory, in both cases, is a bit of balance so you don't get stuck in one of the extremes.

Yeah, some of what I described is probably more of how the type is misunderstood to be. I definitely fluctuate between the defective/elitist attitudes, but never is there a real effort to seem special to others. It's more a matter of how I feel about myself.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yeah, some of what I described is probably more of how the type is misunderstood to be. I definitely fluctuate between the defective/elitist attitudes, but never is there a real effort to seem special to others. It's more a matter of how I feel about myself.

There's usually a combination of both, I think - like, "I'm special because, as someone who is fundamentally broken, I have an intimate connection with the darker side of life" (hence why they're drawn to art and psychology).

Bolded: That seems more of a 4w3/3w4 thing. :yes: