• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What traits associated with your type don't fit you at all?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP
- people pleasing
- socially adept
- sensitive (hahaha)

- controlling
- need to conqueor things
- focused (not usually anyway, although I kick serious ass when I am :yes: )
- competitive
- intimidating (well, certainly not deliberately)
- quick to anger (quick to become annoyed or digusted, yes; quick to become legitimately angry, no)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am capable of typing in complete sentences and cohesive paragraphs.

I also like the idea of being in a committed relationship.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP
- people pleasing
- socially adept
- sensitive (hahaha)

- controlling
- need to conqueor things
- focused (not usually anyway, although I kick serious ass when I am :yes: )
- competitive
- intimidating (well, certainly not deliberately)
- quick to anger (quick to become annoyed or digusted, yes; quick to become legitimately angry, no)

While I totally claim you as one of my own as an ENFP, there's no way you're an 8 if none of those things you just listed fit you.

Sorry bro. Your NF fantasy really needs to come to a halt.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Isn't there a recent thread just like this one?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While I totally claim you as one of my own as an ENFP, there's no way you're an 8 if none of those things you just listed fit you.

Sorry bro. Your NF fantasy really needs to come to a halt.

you might be right, I just don't know what else I could be (right now I'm only about 70% certain of 8w9). what do you think?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why not 7w8?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't there a recent thread just like this one?

is there? if there is, could you find a link to it? (sorry if this is a repeat thread lol)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seven traits:

ecstatic gratitude
spontaneous enthusiasm
passionate accomplishment

active materialism
restless superficiality
addictive excess

irresponsible debauchery
manic hysteria
burnt-out debilitation

A description of 7w8:

general description

Average 7/8s are often aggressive and flamboyant. Seven's talkativeness and charisma combine with eight's outgoing power to create a personality that may be well-suited for starting big projects, but ill-suited for continuing them. Unlike the gentler 7/6, 7/8s are not afraid to make themselves unpopular. In fact, sometimes they seem to delight in generating shocked antipathy. 7/8 is not as careless of image as the rougher 8/7. 7/8 usually wants to be fun to look at, sometimes to colorful, elaborate extremes.

balanced and transcendent states

With balance, 7/8 settles down. Becoming aware of the compulsive nature of the desire for excess and learning how to moderate the constant power-trip, healthy 7/8 finds that other people are much easier to get along with when they are not being pushed or receiving a hard-sell on some wild idea. Love and appreciation for subtlety become important aspects of a life that includes increasing amounts of silent, peaceful contemplation.

Highly integrated 7/8 discovers that by letting the mind's chatter come to its own end, a new level of perception emerges, with a much greater understanding of how the world fits together. Instead of exploding outward into wildly impulsive activity, 7/8 harnesses enthusiasm for practical uses. Life becomes a joyful, loving celebration. Look how much we have been given! Jump into the beautiful universe with both feet! Find your power and become what you were meant to be!

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Under stress, 7/8 gets ever-wilder. When others fail to respond with enough enthusiasm to the high-pressure sales tactics, and the high of the latest exciting trip begins to wear off, it's time for the next wild ride. Maybe just a little bigger dose will do it. New ideas seem to erase old problems, and each one is bigger and better than the last one. If it doesn't work, forget it and move to the next grand scheme. You've got to try this, it's totally fantastic!

As the highs get higher, the lows scrape lower. But the miserable mornings are soon forgotten, because there's an even better high coming. What a fabulous idea I've got! All I need is a thousand bucks and you'll get it all back next week! But first, lets have an all-night party to celebrate! Very unbalanced 7/8 heads into ever-deeper entrapments, promising ever-greater rewards to those who will finance (or otherwise support) rapidly exploding levels of excessive indulgence. It all leads inevitably to the great crash, and utter dissipation. Fearfully, psychotic 7/8 withdraws into a shell of total escapist fantasy, depressed and lost in exhaustion. Possibly, the law is hot on the trail by now, and jail is not far away.

physical appearance

Average to unhealthy 7/8s definitely like to dress on the wild side. With little apparent sense of taste or aesthetics, they boldly combine colors and patterns in an effort to be as showy as possible. Could anyone else feel comfortable dressing like this? Other 7/8s are more eightish, and might dress rather sloppily. Physically, 7/8 is almost always either fat or thin, but seldom anywhere in between. Either they eat so much that their metabolism can't possibly keep up, or their metabolism is so high they couldn't possibly get fat.

callings

Some 7/8s find work that combines excitement and aggression. Wrestlers, high-tech entrepeneurs, lion tamers, drug dealers, con artists, loud and wild rock stars, screaming DJs. Others are more moderate, becoming TV weather forecasters, comedians, clowns, actors, or dancers. There are 7/8 physicists, doctors, tax advisors, race car drivers, and sex therapists. Of course, 7/8s can also be found doing many other kinds of work.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not 7w8?

1) low energy level
2) don't enjoy being extremely social
3) don't like parties
4) don't relate to the head center tendencies
5) I enjoy doing absolutely nothing for long periods of time
6) I'm not very optimistic. in fact, my personality has a much darker side of it that seems like some bazarre combination of 8w9, 5w4 and 4w3. people who are overly cheerful and energetic are kinda weird to me lol

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) low energy level
2) don't enjoy being extremely social
3) don't like parties
4) don't relate to the head center tendencies
5) I enjoy doing absolutely nothing for long periods of time

Did you read the 7w8 description? If you're low energy and enjoy doing nothing for long periods of time, you'd be more likely to be 7 or 9 than 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you read the 7w8 description? If you're low energy and enjoy doing nothing for long periods of time, you'd be more likely to be 7 or 9 than 8.

the 7w8 description fit me pretty well with a few exceptions. the trouble is I don't relate to any 1 broad type, but do relate to several very specific types, such as
8w9 sx/sp or sp/sx
7w8 sp/sx
5w4 sp/sx
4w3 sp/sx
1w9 sp/sx
or 9w8 sp/sx

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
the 7w8 description fit me pretty well with a few exceptions. the trouble is I don't relate to any 1 broad type, but do relate to several very specific types, such as
8w9 sx/sp or sp/sx
7w8 sp/sx
5w4 sp/sx
4w3 sp/sx
1w9 sp/sx
or 9w8 sp/sx

You don't appear 1w9 or 8 to me at all on-line, especially when you've just added here how low-energy you are and love doing nothing.

You're either Sexual, Self-Pres, or Social. It doesn't change with the type, so it might help you, first of all, to figure out what the first part of your stacking would be.

Like I'm Sexual. It was just a matter of deciding between Sexual 4w3 or Sexual 6w7 (with some suggestions of being 3 from Petra, which I ruled out).

In fact, I like the set from the description I just gave you, because it's where I realized that I sound more 6w7 than 4w3 ...well, that and watching videos of the different types.

It explains why someone might see 3 (6s can act like image obsessed 3s when stressed) and why I feel 9-ish at times with my low energy laziness, and why I seem to be a much cooler, easier-going person when I'm like that...because 6 integrates at 9 being healthy.

Look into integration and disentigration points, and your variant stacking. It may really help you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't appear 1w9 or 8 to me at all on-line, especially when you've just added here how low-energy you are and love doing nothing.

You're either Sexual, Self-Pres, or Social. It doesn't change with the type, so it might help you, first of all, to figure out what hte first part of your stacking would be.

Like I'm Sexual. It was just a matter of deciding between Sexual 4w3 or Sexual 6w7 (with some suggestions of being 3 from Petra, which I ruled out).

In fact, I like the set from the description I just gave you, because it's where I realized that I sound more 6w7 than 4w3 ...well, that and watching videos od the different types.

It explains why someone might see 3 (6s can act like image obsessed 3s when stressed) and why I feel 9-ish at times with my low energy laziness, and why I seem to be a much cooler, easier-going person when I'm like that...because 6 integrates at 9 being healthy.

Look into integration and disentigration points, and your variant stacking. It may really help you.

both (1 to 7 to 5 and 5 to 8 to 2) seem to fit me well.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP:
Apathetic.
Relativistic on most philosophical matters.
Inability to be polite or proper.
Lack of personal structure.

1:
Arrogant.
Priggish.
Faithful.

I think the above are basically common misunderstandings about the type 1 in general, though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You're either Sexual, Self-Pres, or Social. It doesn't change with the type, so it might help you, first of all, to figure out what the first part of your stacking would be.

In fact, I like the set from the description I just gave you, because it's where I realized that I sound more 6w7 than 4w3 ...well, that and watching videos of the different types.

thankyou for the information. I'm sticking with 8w9 for now for a the following reason, but I may end up changing my mind
1) my overall vibe is much more 8w9 (calm, authoritative, strong) than 7w8 (energetic, enthusiastic wild)
2) there is nothing explosive about my personality
3) I was more like an 8 as a kid than a 7 (although I was more 4, 9 and 5 than anything)
4) I would imagine an EP 7 to be much more extroverted than I am
5) I'm not a ton like an 8w7, but I am nothing like a 7w6

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Scientist

That characterization has never seemed to fit.