Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    why not? this interview involves him walking out, saying "yes", laughing, and nodding about being jewish. Not sure where the S or N is...
    he just strikes me as a more detached, intellectual person than most pop artists. I can only base this off of subjective vibes, but his vibe is much more N than S to me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he just strikes me as a more detached, intellectual person than most pop artists. I can only base this off of subjective vibes, but his vibe is much more N than S to me
    His lyrics don't strike me as N at all, though you might be getting some supposed "detatched and intellectual" vibe by merit of him being born into a wealthy family.

He didn't graduate high school, and his lyrics are pretty shallow, so then I can't say he's actually intellectual. He might just be upper middle class or somethiing. And properly Canadian.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    His lyrics don't strike me as N at all, though you might be getting some supposed "detatched and intellectual" vibe by merit of him being born into a wealthy family.

He didn't graduate high school, and his lyrics are pretty shallow, so then I can't say he's actually intellectual. He might just be upper middle class or somethiing. And properly Canadian.
    that doesn't have to do with S/N. there are tons of ENTJ entrepreneurs for instance who dropped out of high school to become decamillionaires
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I'm just saying he really doesn't strike me as especially N in his lyrics, and I don't see anything necessarily N about him...but I see him as being a sheltered Canadian boy who lived in a wealthy neighborhood. Not the same thing as being N.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah, I'm just saying he really doesn't strike me as especially N in his lyrics, and I don't see anything necessarily N about him...but I see him as being a sheltered Canadian boy who lived in a wealthy neighborhood. Not the same thing as being N.
    Ne can be extremely shallow. many comedians who are shallow use tons of Ne (case in point, Dave Chappelle, ENFP)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ne can be extremely shallow. many comedians who are shallow use tons of Ne (case in point, Dave Chappelle, ENFP)
    Where do you see any Intuition in Drake's lyrics? When I say Drake's lyrics are shallow they are enitrely about five senses material things...Tupac's music had more of a message than Drake. So does Eminem for that matter.

I'm actually not a fan of Drake, but I was forced to read his lyrics for a contrast paper I wrote once and I like, wanted to laugh at him.

Just because someone acts like that doesn't make them an N. My sister's fiance was born into a wealthy family. He acts very subdued and proper and has that sort of air about him. I also suspect he's probably an ISFJ (my sister's fiance, not Drake).

I just want to clarify here too, that I know him not graduating high school has nothing to do with S/N. I was countering your argument of him seeming "detached and intellectual" ...I have an ENFJ friend who didn't graduate, got her GED, went to design school, and became very successful at it.

I also don't think Drake's lyrics are shallow because he's an S...I mean, I think Eminem is ISFP, but his lyrics are great and sometimes have a lot of meaning...it's just that the particular way that Drake's lyrics are shallow make me think S, for sure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Where do you see any Intuition in Drake's lyrics? When I say Drake's lyrics are shallow they are enitrely about five senses material things...Tupac's music had more of a message than Drake. So does Eminem for that matter.
    I'm actually not a fan of Drake, but I was forced to read his lyrics for a contrast paper I wrote once and I like, wanted to laugh at him.

Just because someone acts like that doesn't make them an N. My sister's fiance was born into a wealthy family. He acts very subdued and proper and has that sort of air about him. I also suspect he's probably an ISFJ (my sister's fiance, not Drake).

I just want to clarify here too, that I know him not graduating high school has nothing to do with S/N. I was countering your argument of him seeming "detached and intellectual" ...I have an ENFJ friend who didn't graduate, got her GED, went to design school, and became very successful at it.

I also don't think Drake's lyrics are shallow because he's an S...I mean, I think Eminem is ISFP, but his lyrics are great and sometimes have a lot of meaning...it's just that the particular way that Drake's lyrics are shallow make me think S, for sure.
    this is a 7 thing, not an S thing. 7s are all about luxury, sex and hedonism no matter what type they are. my own tastes are extremely sensory oriented when it comes to music. for instance, I am training to become an opera singer and I really don't care at all about storyline, emotional expression or acting. in short, the artistic side of opera holds little appeal for me, I just want to hear a beauty voice that sounds pretty and has good technique. when I listen to music, I ask
    1) is the melody catchy?
    2) does the singer have good technique?
    3) does the singer have a beautiful voice?
    4) are there any moments in the song that make me go "whoa!" (mariah carey's cheesy high notes for example)
    this does not make me a Sensor, it simply means that music as a whole is not an intellectual/artistic endeavor for me as much as a more sophisticated hedonistic pleasure
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Are you sure? I figured that Doc from Back to the Future (for example) is probably a 7 ENTP. He isn't hedonistic.

Halla74 is an ESTP 7, and even though he's Se, he isn't just 7 for those things.. if at all. It's more like his whole kind of amped/ADD attitude (sorry Halla if you're reading this.. you say yourself you have ADD ).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Are you sure? I figured that Doc from Back to the Future (for example) is probably a 7 ENTP. He isn't hedonistic.

Halla74 is an ESTP 7, and even though he's Se, he isn't just 7 for those things.. if at all. It's more like his whole kind of amped/ADD attitude (sorry Halla if you're reading this.. you say yourself you have ADD ).
    7s with integration to 5 are usually highly introspective, intellectual and deep, but this is merely a more sophisticated, intellectual level of enjoying pleasure. as such, 7s of all types will probably be highly motivated by various sensory pleasures like good food, comfort, sex, and aesthetic appeal. the growth to 5 merely allows us to fully understand and thus fully enjoy these experiences, but the motivation remains the same.

from www.enneagraminstitute.com

Type Seven—More Depth by Level
    Healthy Levels
    Level 1 (At Their Best): Assimilate experiences in depth, making them deeply grateful and appreciative for what they have. Become awed by the simple wonders of life: joyous and ecstatic. Intimations of spiritual reality, of the boundless goodness of life.

Level 2: Highly responsive, excitable, enthusiastic about sensation and experience. Most extroverted type: stimuli bring immediate responses—they find everything invigorating. Lively, vivacious, eager, spontaneous, resilient, cheerful.

Level 3: Easily become accomplished achievers, generalists who do many different things well: multi-talented. Practical, productive, usually prolific, cross-fertilizing areas of interest.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENTP

that doesn't have to do with S/N. there are tons of ENTJ entrepreneurs for instance who dropped out of high school to become decamillionaires

who the hell drops out of high school!??!!??!?!?!?!??!?! (and makes "decamillions" without becoming a drug dealer or getting involved in any other criminal activity)

They're like 0.0001% of the general population, not exactly tons