Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    This is pretty interesting. It's probably fair to say that the prevailing ideas about Se on this forum are in fact set by Ni doms (and most vocally by INTJs) so yeah, they're skewed by bizarre inferior strangeness and tend to fixate largely on sexuality and animal magnetism with a wee dose of MacGyver.

What do you think are the differences between low Ne and Ni and high Ne and Ni which this forum is failing to acknowledge?
    There is a kind of paranoia and tunnel vision to low Ni and a stupid silliness to low Ne that is indulged. Actually I honestly think low Ni is tolerated a little less because it is so individual. Low Ne is indulged freely ...I am not saying it shouldn't be, I am suggesting it shouldn't be deemed smarter in some way than low Se.

I honestly don't get any more pleasure out of Raptor Wizards ridiculous bullshit than I do out of listening to a Hannah Montana montage. It reminds me of a severely bipolar homeless man in my French class in college. But nooooooo....that's better than being Miley Cyrus.

At least Miley Cyrus can function in the world. All bad or low perceiving functions reach a terrible end. AS IF.

Also, I do think the MacGuyver comparison is fair.

^FiSeTe

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith
    Se for me is the life of an animal; devoid of purpose and meaning, blindly riding the waves of your own neuroses and primal urges (although who am I talk when it comes to the former) until you eventually reach your demise. The social and professional world is nothing more than a sophisticated translation of the animal kingdom, and I'd much rather observe it from afar through fiction (where humanity is easier to sympathize with) than to give myself up to the ignorance, petty drama and prescribed routine inherent to it.

Se in a nutshell.
    Interesting, it seems you have a pretty negative view of Se. How did you come about this?

I mean I too have a repulsion towards things devoid of purpose and meaning, and elements of social and professional world that you refer to, and the 'game' that it seems it can be, with pettiness; however I think it's short-sighted to label these as being solely in the realm of Se, which it seems like you're doing? I think one could argue all cognitive functions can come into play with regards to these dynamics and elements of humanity/culture... as well as biology/hormones, and elements of personality that transcend cognitive functions (greed, ego, defenses, addictions, and so on)....the petty, short-sighted 'mean girls' /bullies in school, or corporate ladder climbers, could be/are just as often NOT Se-users as Se users, in other words.

I love Se, and see many positives in it. But of course it, like any other function/preference/way of being and seeing the world, will have its negative tendencies and blind spots.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Interesting, it seems you have a pretty negative view of Se. How did you come about this?

I mean I too have a repulsion towards things devoid of purpose and meaning, and elements of social and professional world that you refer to, and the 'game' that it seems it can be, with pettiness; however I think it's short-sighted to label these as being solely in the realm of Se, which it seems like you're doing? I think one could argue all cognitive functions can come into play with regards to these dynamics and elements of humanity/culture... as well as biology/hormones, and elements of personality that transcend cognitive functions (greed, ego, defenses, addictions, and so on)....the petty, short-sighted 'mean girls' /bullies in school, or corporate ladder climbers, could be/are just as often NOT Se-users as Se users, in other words.

I love Se, and see many positives in it. But of course it, like any other function/preference/way of being and seeing the world, will have its negative tendencies and blind spots.
    Se to me is accepting the world as it is; taking things as they are, embracing mediocrity and boredom in the process. Playing 'the game' when I already know all of the moves and possible outcomes, none of which appeal to me.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Se to me is accepting the world as it is; taking things as they are, embracing mediocrity and boredom in the process. Playing 'the game' when I already know all of the moves and possible outcomes, none of which appeal to me.
    You seem to be on an anti-Se kick lately- glorifying INFPs and whatnot. Is this your way of telling yourself you aren't an ISFP? You know, maybe you aren't. I really can't see an ISFP hating Se so much. That said, I'm an INFP and I think Se pretty much kicks ass. (But I also don't hate Ne.)

Have you ever watched an animal? I mean really sat there and watched? There is more poetic beauty in animals and how they interact with the world than in great numbers of humans. My cat will sit outside as the world gets dark, just watching, and I know she appreciates the beauty of the world. Many people are so blind to the greatness in the simple things that surround them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    There is a kind of paranoia and tunnel vision to low Ni and a stupid silliness to low Ne that is indulged. Actually I honestly think low Ni is tolerated a little less because it is so individual. Low Ne is indulged freely ...I am not saying it shouldn't be, I am suggesting it shouldn't be deemed smarter in some way than low Se.

I honestly don't get any more pleasure out of Raptor Wizards ridiculous bullshit than I do out of listening to a Hannah Montana montage. It reminds me of a severely bipolar homeless man in my French class in college. But nooooooo....that's better than being Miley Cyrus.

At least Miley Cyrus can function in the world. All bad or low perceiving functions reach a terrible end. AS IF.

Also, I do think the MacGuyver comparison is fair.
    So are you saying RaptorWizard is a sensor? I mean, given the fact that the quality of his intuition strikes you as poor, wouldn't that mean that it's actually low Ne?

At the same time, it seems ridiculous that a sensor with low intuition would be that out of touch with the world. I don't even know anymore.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Seems to me like Miley Cyrus is suffering from being out of touch with herself.

I agree with @brainheart that Se can be used for beauty. I liked the cat example. And to be honest, it's something I catch myself doing a lot: just staring out into the world and observing it for what it is. I sit on my porch and just examine the sun's ray's coming in through the tree's and watch the wind carry through the branches and leaves fall. I become entranced by the dust particles that flicker in the sunlight blowing about. It's just beautiful. @Stansmith, I don't think it's boring or animalistic. It's appreciation for what is. It doesn't require more in order to be entertained or satisfied.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Se for me is the life of an animal; devoid of purpose and meaning, blindly riding the waves of your own neuroses and primal urges (although who am I talk when it comes to the former) until you eventually reach your demise. The social and professional world is nothing more than a sophisticated translation of the animal kingdom, and I'd much rather observe it from afar through fiction (where humanity is easier to sympathize with) than to give myself up to the ignorance, petty drama and prescribed routine inherent to it.

Se in a nutshell.

ahhhh!!!! that face!!! why!!?? that tongue thing is so horrendous!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    So are you saying RaptorWizard is a sensor? I mean, given the fact that the quality of his intuition strikes you as poor, wouldn't that mean that it's actually low Ne?

At the same time, it seems ridiculous that a sensor with low intuition would be that out of touch with the world. I don't even know anymore.
    i took that she meant low ne for him...like ridiculous silliness

i'd like to read about it more...will have to see if i can find it.

se is super interesting to me. i do wish we had more se users here.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i took that she meant low ne for him...like ridiculous silliness

i'd like to read about it more...will have to see if i can find it.

se is super interesting to me. i do wish we had more se users here.
    We do actually have one, SeFi @Comeback Girl