User Tag List

123 Last

Default Ps, how do you plan your day?

So, how do you plan your daily activities?

Only thing that works for me if i have a general idea what i need to do that day/week(usually it works in weeks) and then i dont schedule when will i do it, just that i will...
    If i plan "school.studying.cleaning.exercise" in that order it will NOT happen, if i go "well i need to do some cleaning and studying, perhaps some exercise today" it is likely to happen. It is very inportant to me to pick on spot what will i do next...

You?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

plan my day? why would i do something like that?

if i got somewhere to go, then i might wake up earlier so that i got time to shower before going(if necessary). its more like adjusting what i usually do to some exceptions if they occur.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Circumstances change, so the plans change. It isn't that we don't plan, but that the plans shift too often to be considered reliable. Best to stay open to anything

I plan all the time, but the majority of this planning is to change plans already laid out. Planning out an entire day? Wow, that doesn't happen very often at all, maybe like 1x each week

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't.

Unless I have an appointment.

Anew Leaf

I REALLY need to do this because I so often get nothing done.... But as soon as I start trying to plan I go crawl into bed to take a nap.... or I "check my email" and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

Lately I have been trying to come up with a list of things I need to accomplish during a given week/day, and trying to keep that in focus as much as possible.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING! "

Banned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    istj

i hardly plan anything at all man i do keep little plans in my head though like i will order things and stuff and do things in a sequence but i mean in terms of activities and stuff i just go with it. people say i am v stereotypical perceiver. one thing i do hate though is being late. i am v punctual if i have a commitment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

I pick out things that I need to do, and then build a rough timeline, or schedule I guess, in my mind and then debate how much they really need to get done. If not I might put it off so I can focus on something else. I don't know, it depends on my mood

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a priority list. Lets say I should exercise, wash the dishes and do the laundry, but I am realistically am going to only do two of those things. Excercise is first because if it's not absolute priority then I'll skip it every time and turn into a fat slob who can't tie his own shoelaces. Then the laundry will get done because I don't like to smell, and the dishes get screwed. Instead of doing dishes I do whatever sounds interesting at the moment, it's unpredictable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I REALLY need to do this because I so often get nothing done.... But as soon as I start trying to plan I go crawl into bed to take a nap.... or I "check my email" and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

Lately I have been trying to come up with a list of things I need to accomplish during a given week/day, and trying to keep that in focus as much as possible.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING! "
    OMGZ! ME TOO! WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!!!

That's why I like Taoism. It holds "doing nothing" in very high regard.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Hahaha.

My days really go with the flow. Only external obligations hold me to anything. Work, school, appointments.
    I've *painfully* learned to be better about times with my Fe friends, and asked them to understand that when I'm late, It really, really doesn't mean that they are unimportant to me AND that its totally not my fault a toaster fell out of a third story window and hit me in the head, when this guy came to my aid and I realized it was my old bosses-ex wives-gardiners-son Raymond that really needed a ride in the same direction I was going, but while talking to him in the car I got distracted and took a wrong turn that resulted in a gas station stop, and thats why I'm 45 mintues late for coffee. Ofcourse I couldn't call because I left my cell phone on the counter at the gas station when I was digging through the pantyhose, nagchampa, sunglasses, and vitamin bottles to find my debit card. =)

Point being, I can try to plan ahead, but it just never works.

Plus, there IS a benefit to this. You know how they say that serial killers will find a target and stalk them for weeks, sometimes months, trying to get a persons routine down to find that perfect moment to snatch them? Good luck nabbin' a P, psychos. WE don't even know our next move. HEH!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts