User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Being close to borderline on the J/P scale, I use some planning but not heavy planning. I make sure to block out enough time so that the things that have to get done that day get done. I also have in mind some things I'd like to get done but don't have to get done but I don't always write them down on paper- they're in my head. I roughly block out a schedule for the day but often times this will change and sometimes its hard to know exactly how long something is going to take. I might have something like, I plan to do X in the afternoon but I may not have a specific time slot for it. All too often, I plan more things in a day than I can possibly get done.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, I have a general idea of things I need/would like to do, and then I do them when the opportune time presents itself. This does mean I get sidetracked sometimes . Sometimes I think, "Tomorrow, I'd like to get X, Y, and Z done", but if I don't, then it's no biggie. Or I may wake up & decide to do something else altogether.

The thing is, when I do make real plans, then I take them seriously, and if they get broken or changed, then I get annoyed. I think that's why I prefer not to plan; it feels like its hanging over me, and I have high expectations for the payoff. I'd rather keep it loose & not be disappointed either in the circumstances or even in what I am able to accomplish.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

All Natural! All Good!

Oh gosh, I can relate to the 'internet... forever!' thing too. I mean, look at me. It's 3 am. It's exam week. (Though I don't have anything tomorrow!)

I'm also on time or early everywhere. I don't get to places late because, for example, if I'm late to a lab I get a 0 for it. Not a worthwhile price to pay.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I'm also on time or early everywhere. I don't get to places late because, for example, if I'm late to a lab I get a 0 for it. Not a worthwhile price to pay.
    You follow a strych schedule?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

what's a "plan"...?

haha just kidding. i'm a total planner.

in addition to a schedule book with appointments, i make a list of things i have to/want to do, and then number them in the order i think i want to get them done. the things that i really really have/want to do, i'll mark with a star or some other kind of symbol.

usually i'll end up dropping a few non-essential items on the list to make way for whatever comes along in the day. they'll just go on tomorrow's list.

and sometimes if something really important comes up, i'll chuck the list altogether.

i have a PA. she's responsible to deal
    with the resource traffic coordinator.
    i just follow what my fone says.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I was going to say something similar to that, but everyone MUST plan to some extent. You may not know what route you're going to take to work, but you know that you definitely have to get up, get ready, and go to work. That's a must. Sometimes I want to leave that off my schedule too, but I usually end up keeping that on my list of essentials.
    True, I guess it depends what you call planning really. I don't know what time I am going to get up tomorrow or what time I will get to work. Getting to work ranges about an hour span between 15 minutes "early" and 45 minutes "late" but I happen to know that my supervisor doesn't care what time I get there so I don't have to fight it as much.

I don't? It sort of flows in the direction in what needs to be done. Let's just say external directions like needing to go to class. I guess you can say a weak planning. Some things like getting up to get ready (brush my teeth, take a shower... etc) are just part of any day whether I plan or not.

If nothing particularly important needs to be done... ehhh... the day just goes by with whatever I feel like doing at the time.

I don't keep a physical note that, "Ok, I need to do this at 7 a.m. on Monday, at 8 a.m. I need to be at this place, at 11a.m. is around the time I should have my lunch break, at 1 p.m. I should get to my next class. At 5 p.m, I am free. At 6p.m. I should rest and play some games."

I mean... shoot me if I have to do that every-single-freakin-day. I mean, I do plan...but not every day.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I like to plan my week out ahead of time. I make mental notes of what needs to be done and when. Then at the end of the week I can review my perfomance and say to myself....."It's Friday?"
    (perhaps I should review this policy! )
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have a broad idea of what I want to get done for the next 6 months.

I have a generic list of things I need to get done throughout the year.

I have a written down list of priority things I canNOT forget to do during the week.

Day to day stuff is decided as I wake up and get to evaluating where I am at between all of that above.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge