User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    That makes me sad.
    The P was better off without such an anal boss.
    agreed.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That makes me sad.
    The P was better off without such an anal boss.

I'm assuming the worker was pretty useless overall and the boss was looking for reasons to fire him?

Otherwise this over obsessive rule pounding is really bad for workplace morale. People can't work under such strict conditions. You need people who don't micromanage your every move.
    This is why the military can be pure hell for a P. Cuz you don't have a choice. If you're late, they start writing you up and after 3 times, they could take half of your paycheck and demote you. And also if you were living in a house or apartment, they could make you move back on to the base - you would lose your "privilege" to live outside of the base. LOL.

But, yeah, that situation was a bit of both. Boss was anal. But the worker was always pushing the limits and trying to get away with stuff. Productivity wasn't horrible - comparable to other workers - but just couldn't do what he was told. If he was told "do X", he would "do X + 1" or "X - 1" - he'd always put his twist on it. Or if everyone showed up at 8 like the boss wanted, he'd come rolling in at 8:10 while everyone else was already hard at work. Just couldn't comply.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    This is why the military can be pure hell for a P. Cuz you don't have a choice. If you're late, they start writing you up and after 3 times, they could take half of your paycheck and demote you. And also if you were living in a house or apartment, they could make you move back on to the base - you would lose your "privilege" to live outside of the base. LOL.

But, yeah, that situation was a bit of both. Boss was anal. But the worker was always pushing the limits and trying to get away with stuff. Productivity wasn't horrible - comparable to other workers - but just couldn't do what he was told. If he was told "do X", he would "do X + 1" or "X - 1" - he'd always put his twist on it. Or if everyone showed up at 8 like the boss wanted, he'd come rolling in at 8:10 while everyone else was already hard at work. Just couldn't comply.
    Oh, well that makes sense. It was the military. But I don't think this is normal of most work places. To be so strict with P's, (even habitual mild tardiness.) I'm an RN .. (very important that we show up relatively on time.) But no one's going to notice if we're a minute or two late. It's unnatural and unnecessary in most work environments. Even environments where timeliness is quite important, (like mine!)

Edit: This strictness reminds me more of either 1.) The military/ armed forces (as you mentioned.) Very important that things are organized to perfection. Or 2.) A fast food place or somewhere where you have to work with a lot of kids/teenagers who are always trying to push their limits and need a lot of strict boundaries. When you're working with a bunch of adults who are educated and know what they're doing (or aren't in the military) it shouldn't be as big of a deal.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh, well that makes sense. It was the military. But I don't think this is normal of most work places. To be so strict with P's, (even habitual mild tardiness.) I'm an RN .. (very important that we show up relatively on time.) But no one's going to notice if we're a minute or two late. It's unnatural and unnecessary in most work environments. Even environments where timeliness is quite important, (like mine!)
    I was in the military, but that situation I spoke of was not in the military - it was in construction actually - which is sort of unique in its own right. A lot of the corporate rules don't really apply out on a job site like that - the small business owner (contractor) can usually get away with a lot more (aka, walk all over people). Still though, I will maintain that it's generally not good to be late. My answer to people who are habitually late is........."why are you always late, but never early?" If you want to be late twice a week and early twice a week, then that will even itself out. But, if you're just late 4 times a week and never early, something is wrong.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was in the military, but that situation I spoke of was not in the military - it was in construction actually - which is sort of unique in its own right. A lot of the corporate rules don't really apply out on a job site like that - the small business owner (contractor) can usually get away with a lot more (aka, walk all over people). Still though, I will maintain that it's generally not good to be late. My answer to people who are habitually late is........."why are you always late, but never early?" If you want to be late twice a week and early twice a week, then that will even itself out. But, if you're just late 4 times a week and never early, something is wrong.

I kind of agree with that, in a small way. Sometimes I say that about those habitually late people. Like, seriously just leave 5 minutes earlier!!! Seriously. What's the big deal? There is some serious mental block going on with this person where they can't figure out how to leave five minutes earlier.

But, at the end of the day, if it doesn't affect whether or not people get out on time, and they get all their work done, I don't see it as a huge big deal, or grounds for firing. I guess if everyone was showing up 5 to 15 minutes late, it would be a different story. Seems unfair to those who show up early. But since most people don't feel comfortable showing up late, (and won't show up late just to spite other's who like to show up late), I figure, eh- whatever. It all works out at the end of the day.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Half the battle is simply going to bed at a decent hour. Getting 8 solid hours of sleep. If I do that, I'm on my game. If I don't (which does happen), that's when I can get a little lazy.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Half the battle is simply going to bed at a decent hour. Getting 8 solid hours of sleep. If I do that, I'm on my game. If I don't (which does happen), that's when I can get a little lazy.
    uuuurgh, yeah, i hear you. i have insomnia, so getting those much needed hours is hard. STUPID BRAIN STOP THINKING!!!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Haha, really? This makes perfect sense in my head.

But in reality, for me, it's the days when I get no sleep that I show up the earliest.

If I got 4 or 5 hours of sleep, the normal goal is to pump coffee into my system fast, get my hair out of my face and run as fast as I can away from my bed before I want to lay down again. Since, '5 more minutes" is not going to help the fact that I'm going to be a miserable boar all day. "Just do it." Becomes the motto and I show up earlier than usual. After the 8 peaceful hours I'm more likely to be relaxed and happy and "whatever! It's a great day! i'll get there when I get there!"

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

A window to the soul

You're right. Good advice!

But in reality, for me, it's the days when I get no sleep that I show up the earliest.
    I've experienced that on occasion, but then I look and feel like a cracked out zombie halfway through the day. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    STUPID BRAIN STOP THINKING!!!
    Kick back, lights low, relaxing music... it might help you to wind down. Works for me, when I try.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I tends to do this:

And this:

when planning.

It can be summed up beautifully in these charts (thank you hyperbole and a half).

Yeah. So i tend not to plan.

Oh. Also, I do this:

I'm NEVER on time. for anything. ever.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I DO.

Dear Aussie Self,

Keep doing what you're doing.

Love,
    American Self

P.S.