User Tag List

First 56789 Last

A window to the soul

Folks, let's put things in their proper perspective. Being early doesn't mean much in the nerd industry. Do you kick ass at what you do? There are many folks that get in early, but take smoke & social breaks throughout day and sneak out early. I don't smoke or make small talk social rounds. When I'm at work, I work, and I pick up the slack that the early bird slackers leave behind. I end up putting many, many more hours into quality work than they do. I've been rewarded & promoted for it too. Coffee with cream and sugar is all I'm askin for!!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Folks, let's put things in their proper perspective. Being early doesn't mean much in the nerd industry. Do you kick ass at what you do? There are many folks that get in early, but take smoke & social breaks throughout day and sneak out early. I don't smoke or make small talk social rounds. When I'm at work, I work, and I pick up the slack that the early bird slackers leave behind. I end up putting many, many more hours into quality work than they do. I've been rewarded for it too.
    There ya go! Same here. (Well.. I do take up too much time making random chit chat, but not on purpose.) Sometimes I've been late for being stopped in the hallway by too many people on the way to the time clock.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Folks, let's put things in their proper perspective. Being early doesn't mean much in the nerd industry. Do you kick ass at what you do? There are many folks that get in early, but take smoke & social breaks throughout day and sneak out early. I don't smoke or make small talk social rounds. When I'm at work, I work, and I pick up the slack that the early bird slackers leave behind. I end up putting many, many more hours into quality work than they do. I've been rewarded for it too.
    No doubt about it. There are people who function like this and are extremely productive. So, it definitely has to be taken on a case-by-case basis. But, in my experience, for every P that is like you, there is another P who comes in late and is also the first person out the door at 4:59pm. And they will tell you "Oh, I take my work home with me sometimes." Yeah, right. You must think I'm freakin' stupid to tell me that. Some P's have a good work ethic, but also some do not. They simply want to fart around all day long. And I don't exempt myself here - I have a tendency to fart alot myself - errr - I mean "fart around" that is. Srsly though, there's a time to put playtime aside and get to freakin' work, am I wrong? Some peeps just gotta grow up.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

how about we compromise?

You do what works for you, and i'll do what works for me =)

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    No doubt about it. There are people who function like this and are extremely productive. So, it definitely has to be taken on a case-by-case basis. But, in my experience, for every P that is like you, there is another P who comes in late and is also the first person out the door at 4:59pm. And they will tell you "Oh, I take my work home with me sometimes." Yeah, right. You must think I'm freakin' stupid to tell me that. Some P's have a good work ethic, but also some do not. They simply want to fart around all day long. And I don't exempt myself here - I have a tendency to fart alot myself - errr - I mean "fart around" that is. Srsly though, there's a time to put playtime aside and get to freakin' work, am I wrong? Some peeps just gotta grow up.
    Understood!

This P stands for 'Perfection', not 'Pathetic'! We have flex-time at my work, so it's more of the norm since I live in a big city. I do understand where you're coming from though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

In the same breath, though. It seems kind of weird to get tons of work done when you're at work while other people are slacking off. It seems smarter to do less, or the minimum. When I start working, some weird Te thing clicks and I get shitloads done. I can't stop. I'm like a broken energizer work bunny in that 8 hours. I also tend to shorten breaks. I get paid the same and stay for 8 or 9 hours no matter what. Why do I do that? How does that make any sense?

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Nijntje,

*picks nose*. Yeah, sure, OK. I'm P too, so I totally get it. I'm just saying that it's true what those J's say: If I'm paying you, but you're not at work, then somebody has some 'splaining to do. Or, if I'm paying you and I can never actually locate you......*doesn't compute*. System malfunction.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I had a J boss one time that told a P employee, "The next time you decide to show up even 30 seconds late, just turn your car right around and go right back home. And don't ever come back. Just stay home and watch TV and don't call me to apologize or to tell me you need a job. And I'm the boss, so if I have running around to do in the morning and I show up at 8:15, I want to see that you've already done 15 minutes of work - and that you didn't just start working when you saw me arrive. Capiche?"

The P showed up on time for a week. Following week, showed up a few minutes late. Game over. Go home. Thanks for playing. He was off the job within 5 minutes.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nijntje,

*picks nose*. Yeah, sure, OK. I'm P too, so I totally get it. I'm just saying that it's true what those J's say: If I'm paying you, but you're not at work, then somebody has some 'splaining to do. Or, if I'm paying you and I can never actually locate you......*doesn't compute*. System malfunction.
    =C

If you were my boss, i think you'd be pleasantly surprised at my work ethic. I get more and a higer quality of work done than most of m colleagues, i don't gossip, i don't take cigarette breaks, i often work through my lunch and stay back. occasionally, though i am a minute or two late for work.

But i do understand what you're saying, there were people i worked with in offices who were on time, yet ended up having a lesser quality of work, or did less work because they spent time gas-bagging or gossiping or whatever.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I had a J boss one time that told a P employee, "The next time you decide to show up even 30 seconds late, just turn your car right around and go right back home. And don't ever come back. Just stay home and watch TV and don't call me to apologize or to tell me you need a job. And I'm the boss, so if I have running around to do in the morning and I show up at 8:15, I want to see that you've already done 15 minutes of work - and that you didn't just start working when you saw me arrive. Capiche?"

The P showed up on time for a week. Following week, showed up a few minutes late. Game over. Go home. Thanks for playing. He was off the job within 5 minutes.
    That makes me sad.
    The P was better off without such an anal boss.

I'm assuming the worker was pretty useless overall and the boss was looking for reasons to fire him?

Otherwise this over obsessive rule pounding is really bad for workplace morale. People can't work under such strict conditions. You need people who don't micromanage your every move.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.