User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I usually list couple of things that I absolutely have to do, or promise myself to do that day. Then I do them, try to tackle some other important things, and then just float around doing something fun or interesting the rest of the day.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I just see each day as one big block of time and I know that I've got x, y, and z to do in that time. So, I know I've got to be at work at a certain time, I've got a meeting at 10:30am, I've got to have something submitted by 2:30pm, and I've got to pay my car payment. Those 4 things, I know that I absolutely MUST do. All the other time in between, I like to be free and open so that I can improvise and let it play out how I want it to play out. Like I know that I've got a long mental list of things I need to do (but that are not time sensitive), so I'll just pick some of those things and work on them throughout the day, but the important part is that I get to pick which ones I work on and when I work on them. I might have like 25 "projects" going on at work and if I find myself with free time, I'll impulsively say, "I think I'll work on #13 right now. Yeah, that sounds good." There has to be freedom of choice. If my schedule is full of this:

9:30 do this
    10:00 do that
    10:45 do the other thing
    11:30 finish this
    1:00 finish that
    2:30 continue with x
    3:15 meeting
    3:45 conference call
    4:30 finish z
    5:00 call John Doe to discuss z.

That junk drives me up a wall. It's so confining and allows for almost no creativity or improvisation. After 1 day of that, I feel like a drone. I'll get off work and do something really impulsive to feel like I'm breaking out of the mold. I cannot stay on that type of a day-in, day-out, everything is listed precisely in a schedule, routine for very long. It makes me feel like I'm not even living. I can "hack" the 9-to-5 thing, so long as there is some room to roam within that 9-to-5 block. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but about 75% of "meetings" in the world are complete nonsense and full of nose-picking. Can I get a show of hands? Anyone?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, I have to make sure that I want to do something before it ever becomes a plan. I guess my thinking is that if I don't want to do it, I'll be wasting my time and why would I want to do that. I do the mental check list too. Absolutely necessary and fun are my categories, things shift in and out of one category, while the other stays rather constant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Yeah, I have to make sure that I want to do something before it ever becomes a plan. I guess my thinking is that if I don't want to do it, I'll be wasting my time and why would I want to do that. I do the mental check list too. Absolutely necessary and fun are my categories, things shift in and out of one category, while the other stays rather constant.
    Good way of putting it.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Why plan, just do... or not.

I don't plan my day. I just let it happen to me.

Why, yes. This IS a recipe for success.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" - Bertrand Russell (or attributed to him at least)

I have to agree with the posts on having big picture milestones and just winging it when it comes to details. Works most of the time and I tend to do extremely well under the pressure of a fast approaching deadline.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't. I don't even know what route I'm going to take from my house to my job until after I've taken it.

I went through a spell where I tried to keep a task list. After about 6 months I went back and looked at the list and all the stuff I put on it that first week was either done or unnecessary and I hadn't looked at the list since. I've done that a couple of times actually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    I tend to do extremely well under the pressure of a fast approaching deadline.
    If you wait until the last minute, it only takes a minute.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm a big planner...tomorrow i'm going to do this and that and this and that and this week i'll start doing this on these days and then by this day that will be done and by this summer i will have done this and that and i really need to start doing this and on and on...i have insomnia.. :/
    Do you actually follow the plan or just kind of make it in your head?