User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm a big planner...tomorrow i'm going to do this and that and this and that and this week i'll start doing this on these days and then by this day that will be done and by this summer i will have done this and that and i really need to start doing this and on and on...i have insomnia.. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    ...as soon as I start trying to plan I go crawl into bed to take a nap.... or I "check my email" and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING! "
    Ugh. Yes. This.

Planning often doesn't work for me anyway. I keep trying to plan stuff. I do the planning part just fine, but I don't carry it out. Instead when the time comes I go, "Ehhh...I'll just relax for awhile, I've got plenty of time for that crap later". Then I end up wasting weeks "relaxing".

I know it'll energize me afterward if I get the less pleasant stuff done, but I still don't seem to have the will to resist stuff I'd rather do in the moment.

MBTI
    ENTP

How I plan things:
    Is there work to be done?
    Yes
    Can it be delayed?
    Yes
    Problem solved.

Now I should do something fun.

Great plan!

How I plan before an exam:
    Do I trust my improvisation skills?
    Yes
    Why learn then? I'll never know my improvisation limits if I won't test them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    and end up doing a wikipedia browsing tangent until 3 am.

I just have such a terrible habit of: "Ok, I did SOMETHING!! Let's reward us by doing NOTHING!
    and this. Although I quit browsing wikipedia, I can't focus reading long articles.

Also:

How I feel when I have an appointment.

It's 1 PM, 1 hour remaining. What can I do in 30 minutes? (assuming that it'll take me another 30 minutes to get to where I'm supposed to go)
    There's:
    a) The compulsive habit of reading and watching unnecessary things. (wikipedia, imdb, youtube, poetry.com, newspapers, google etc.)
    b) Start talking to someone on messenger or on the phone (unlikely)
    c) Start posting here
    d) Go smoke a cigarette and do nothing(very likely)
    e) Do nothing. (not as likely as smoking a cigarette while doing nothing)

All of the activities above will last more than 30 minutes, and I will probably be late..again.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm a big planner...tomorrow i'm going to do this and that and this and that and this week i'll start doing this on these days and then by this day that will be done and by this summer i will have done this and that and i really need to start doing this and on and on...i have insomnia.. :/
    this, imo, seems very P. it reads as if the day plans you. in modern civilization we pretty much do go by schedules. thanks to the Js presenting us ways of keeping a smooth operating machine like modern plumbing, water treatment, electrical grids and stuff. it's where Js shine, imo. yet, things like cancer and auto wrecks aren't planned. when those things happen, i believe Ps shine in their spirit to accept it. prolly could best put it like this.......Indians never planned. they followed the plan before them. like when herds migrate, water levels (snowpack) fluxuate to have them decide to temporarily settle on higher or lower ground.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Plus, there IS a benefit to this. You know how they say that serial killers will find a target and stalk them for weeks, sometimes months, trying to get a persons routine down to find that perfect moment to snatch them? Good luck nabbin' a P, psychos. WE don't even know our next move. HEH!
    This has also crossed my mind, in an innocent trying to see the good in everything way. The memory of this thought is lodged somewhere next to how i'd be able to dodge bullets if i ran in a really random pattern so as the gun person would not be able to fix target.
    Planning is absolutely brilliant, i have wished to be a planner so much on so many occaisions.
    I have a friend that writes a daily list FOR EVERYTHING... i met her for coffee recently and she crossed off "Meeting Gem for coffee" as she sat down... wow.
    how.is.this.possible. I'm in awe of her.
    I want to be a planner but (in contradiction) at the same time i worry that i would loose a lot of spontaneity and freshness in the process of forcing myself to writing regimes.
    Sometimes i get organised, thats works in the same way as housecleaning for my mind...clearing it out... but it never seems to last long.
    I don't want to conform to the machine. I resist.
    I think a lot about the things i/we will do and how to achieve them, mental planning but i lack the consistancy necessary to carry everything out... that plus there really is not enough time... i have a wild imagination.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ...i have insomnia.. :/
    thanks for reminding me that i should go to sleep soon
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I'll chime in with the rest of them but I might be a closet J. (after this post, J seems to be a fairy tale; told by mothers to keep their own sanity in check when the child got whisked about by the storm inside the childs' heart, raving and racing towards the bitter waterfalls of life)

I tell myself what I need to do and then I don't do it because I found something else interesting to do and neglect whatever I was supposed to do in the beginning, even if that same thing is what I did in sequence with forgetting the thing I need to do. Because ALL NEEDS DOING!
    The only time I happen to managed to do something that was actually on my To-do list, is if I accidentally went from one spring board to the other without noticing it was on my to-do list.
    It's simply a wonder that I manage to finish replies without getting tangled up in a big ball of yarn.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    thanks for reminding me that i should go to sleep soon
    yeah me too...

Anew Leaf

I call my method of planning "geological planning.".

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    The only time I happen to managed to do something that was actually on my To-do list, is if I accidentally went from one spring board to the other without noticing it was on my to-do list.
    It's simply a wonder that I manage to finish replies without getting tangled up in a big ball of yarn.
    Yeah i get it.
    You need to go and buy socks...
    you get tangled in a ball of wool....
    End result......

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"