• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Developing Fe

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. That was my entire point of posting the Fe dom description...Jung points out the the Fe type feels Fe sincerely, they aren't conforming to what is suitable just to be liked, that's genuinely what they want and how they flow.

Others may disagree, and that's fine, but strictly speaking from Jungian perspective mimicking Fe...is not Fe.

People think Fe doms smile in your face even though they can't stand you.

My thought is, who does this past high school?

Nobody, that's who.

It's mostly children who do that (of all types!) because they are unsure of themselves and insecure in their values.

It confuses people that SFJs are so steadfast, even when faced with great problems.

People think they are faking their liking, but it just takes a crushing of any trace of hope before they give up on someone or something completely.

This is both the beauty and the burden of SiFe.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
:blushing: I do sometimes it's just easier to lie...

Yeah me too.

But I'm in high school, so I suppose that's a bad example.

My motive for doing it isn't really to be liked though... I just feel no need to start a big fight because I don't like someone.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why not just avoid the person you don't like? That's what I do.

If I absolutely have to interact with someone I don't like, I think they end up finding out pretty quickly that I don't like them. Not that I start a big fight or anything but I just find it hard to smile and be friendly and warm to them. It's more like I'm curt, cold and dismissive. They eventually notice that I'm not my normal warm, happy and friendly self around them and get it. I don't even do it around bosses, but luckily I've loved my last 2 bosses. I should probably learn that skill soon though for the betterment of my career.

I will have conflict with people who push my limits though.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

Sometimes you can't. For example, I can't avoid the student teacher in my Spanish class. Luckily, the dumb bimbo is leaving to actually become a teacher. Good riddance. She even caught me talking about how she doesn't know anything and gave me a little lecture about it. :laugh:

*ahem* Anyway... you get the point. Sometimes you're going to have to smile and interact with people you don't like.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So many different perspectives. People see Fe in terms of forced old sitcoms or people who can't stray from a script :huh:

So different for me.

Wow, thank you Vasilisa. I think I do alot of that too (empathizing), but more on how the person is feeling at the moment, instead of imagining how their lives have been shaped. I think this has been very helpful to me. Just one more question, I promise. Would a way to rephrase it be 'that you look at (or interact with) a group as one individual?'

I think my father is an ISFJ, but he really doesn't care to take any test on it, so I don't know for sure. Normally when we talk about these kinds of things, which is only every occasionally, he places a large emphasis on duty (to family, friends, country, etc.) and his struggles with that. Other than him, I'd imagine I know a few IRL, but not confidently enough to assume that they were.

You're welcome. I don't think I can say that I think of groups AS individuals, I always know that any group is comprised of individuals each with their own set of personal feelings and reactions to a situation. Those are important considerations in my estimation. For me its more about seeing a way to best maximize every individuals satisfaction, without forgetting that, unfortunately, humans are very seldom fully satisfied with anything (hence why that phrase is used so much in advertising.)

I never presume uniformity of thought. I often have compassion for those who get hammered down for sticking out. For me, its not about enforcing groupthink.
Don't believe the hype :wink:

Last edited:
A

A window to the soul

People think Fe doms smile in your face even though they can't stand you.

My thought is, who does this past high school?

^ The adults.

^ Do you attempt to work things out first?

Edit: Though you may not like someone, approach them with a smile and attempt to resolve the issues. If you can't do that, then agree to disagree and be civil.