User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Developing Fe

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

If you'll notice, a lot of people with Fe "behave themselves" for lack of a better term. They do really well with maintaining the harmony or nudging others to do so. They engage people tactfully. People with Fi can do that too, but we're never going to do it all the time, because Fi is more concerned with sticking to inherent core values, being truthful, and being "myself." It's not that people with Fe are not truthful, it's just that they apparently will keep truth to themselves if it means doing otherwise would cause a disruption in harmony. They will go out of their way to present that truth in a more palatable or diplomatic manner, a lot of the time, if they are healthy. Fe skills rock. I admire people with Fe. On the other hand, trying to behave full-time like I had Fe would make me feel insane, suffocated, and eventually tired.
    Trust me, I feel suffocated with using Fe a lot. It's not like we are constantly "behaving ourselves". Most Fe users I know will be very blunt "in your face" if they see something as very important. I remember calling a few people out on the forum (maybe I am still tactful, then?).

Yeah, I've noticed quite a few people believe Jag is ENFJ rather than ENTJ.
    That must be why so many people PM me to ask if I am ESTP.

Glycerine

I always imagined you as type 8 ENTJ. You always give off the same vibe as my female ENTJ friend (even though you are male). lol

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Trust me, I feel suffocated with using Fe a lot. It's not like we are constantly "behaving ourselves". Most Fe users I know will be very blunt "in your face" if they see something as very important. I remember calling a few people out on the forum (maybe I am still tactful, then?).
    Yes, I know an INFJ on here who is usually very tactful, she's very diplomatic, but occasionally she will speak up and try to get people to "get along" in vent, I've noticed. It's funny because she's never overbearing about it, but it's so clear to me her motivation is to keep people from getting into arguments with each other or something. Referree behavior. My ENFJ sister does it too, but in a slightly more invasive "holier than thou" way. My ENFJ bff from high school, on the other hand, is incredibly charming with other people, the typical ENFJ messiah...I don't know that she lectures people, but she seems to be constantly "handling" people with humor and diplomacy. I noticed even when we were in high school I was a lot more open about how I really felt, even if it bugged other people. She can be bitchy and crass and vulgar...she's not into "propriety" ...yet she still has this incredible social ease, these incredible "people handling" skills.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That must be why so many people PM me to ask if I am ESTP.
    I've seen other people question you being ENFJ...which also has Fe, Se, and Ti, like an ESTP.

I, on the other hand, believe you to be an ENTJ, which is why I pointed out that your motives in running a business seemed Te, because they do.

figsfiggyfigs

I've seen other people question you being ENFJ...which also has Fe, Se, and Ti, like an ESTP.

I, on the other hand, believe you to be an ENTJ, which is why I pointed out that your motives in running a business seemed Te, because they do.
    This seems to be a trend with ENTJs.

ThatGirl

.... but occasionally she will speak up and try to get people to "get along" in vent, I've noticed. .... Referree behavior.
    I've seen ENFPs (a lot) and INTJs and INTPs do this in vent as well.

Part of the reason the place pisses me off these days.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I typically don't think in functions (although I do for MBTI, even when I don't want to), I just thought that the idea would translate over easier. Like, it popped into my head, "Oh, this must be what Fe stands for". Also, I'm just generally curious about how people can consistently think like that

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Yeah, I mean you can philosophically care about other people and have Fi. Fi is actually associated with empathy and trying to determine underlying universal human values (THIS IS WRONG. IT JUST IS.) I am a liberal - meaning that I believe in social freedom (which I suppose matches Fi) but I also believe all people should be fed and educated and treated humanely. I don't think everyone should be given the same pay no matter what type of work they do, but I do believe that human life is sacred and I don't want to see people suffer. I truly believe a society works better for everyone involved if people are fed and educated. But that doesn't mean I have Fe. Just because I don't want strangers to suffer in their basic needs for food and health and learning doesn't mean that I, in my daily life, make my decisions based on what other people would prefer. Because beyond my belief that all people deserve to live and have an equal opportunity to be treated with dignity, respect, and blah blah blah, I also don't think I should have to repress who I am to make other people happy, as long as I'm not hurting them.

If you'll notice, a lot of people with Fe "behave themselves" for lack of a better term. They do really well with maintaining the harmony or nudging others to do so. They engage people tactfully. People with Fi can do that too, but we're never going to do it all the time, because Fi is more concerned with sticking to inherent core values, being truthful, and being "myself." It's not that people with Fe are not truthful, it's just that they apparently will keep truth to themselves if it means doing otherwise would cause a disruption in harmony. They will go out of their way to present that truth in a more palatable or diplomatic manner, a lot of the time, if they are healthy. Fe skills rock. I admire people with Fe. On the other hand, trying to behave full-time like I had Fe would make me feel insane, suffocated, and eventually tired.
    the rate and density at which you're posting is making my head spin

Edit: I'm not trying to change my type (I know you're not implying that), I'm trying to grow. Developing what Fe stands for seems like a good place to start, so I was asking for some advice on how to go about doing that. I don't personally believe that its impossible for me to start doing this, even if I'm dominantly Fi.

To everyone: Thank you for responding. You guys have definitely given me a lot to think over.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I've seen ENFPs (a lot) and INTJs and INTPs do this in vent as well.

Part of the reason the place pisses me off these days.
    What? Told you specifically to stop talking? Or genuinely trying to keep the peace between various individuals to keep the atmosphere nice?

I think people with Fe are much more inclined to do that (FJs and TPs)...Johnnyboy and Professor Killjoy, for example, are TPs who do have that Fe quality.

A lot of people won't even notice what a really smooth Fe user is doing. That may be why you aren't aware of just how much work said INFJ does to keep the harmony. Smooth Fe is smooth. I notice it more, probably, because I'm an NF. An INFJ like that person, or an ENFJ like my BFF basically know how to iron out the kinks without being very obvious about it. A very oblivious thinker wouldn't even know what they were up to, probably, and would just think "she's so nice and cool."

On the other hand, ENFP is more likely to say "STFU you're being obnoxious."