User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type is the ultimate "chameleon"?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

11 17.46%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ENTP

17 26.98%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INFP

1 1.59%
  • INFJ

3 4.76%
  • ENFP

13 20.63%
  • ENFJ

10 15.87%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

3 4.76%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

3 4.76%
  • ISFJ

1 1.59%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

1 1.59%
123 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Question Which type is the "chameleon" type?

I hear the word "chameleon" used to describe various types in various situations and I wondered, which type is the ultimate "chameleon".

Which type do you think blends into it's environment best?
    Which type is best at acting like other types?
    Which type is the most adaptable/changeable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

hmm

chameleon blends in, and changes based with its environment
    makes me think of Fe, no ?

would have to grasp a situations implications readily,
    and without being privy
    that sounds like intuition to me
    or its cousin Fi

perhaps i'm being biased
    but xNFx

however,
    i voted ENFP simply because society is 75%E
    and an Introvert would either stand out horribly,
    or merely get ignored
    I N V I C T U S

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Unconscious social chameleons -> EXFJ
    Deliberate "change" / misrepresentation of self for a purpose -> ENTP, ENTJ, ESTJ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENFP or ENFJ, but I voted for ENFP. However, an Fe and Ni combination makes for great chameleon abilities. And also, the tendency for Fe to be dependent on relationships and Ni to lack practical skills can cause ENFJs to probably be the most needy of the types.

Or, for Kiddo's actual questions, which I did not notice before:

Most likely to blend into environment: ENFJ
    Best at acting or con artistry: ENTP
    Most adaptable/changeable: ENFP

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think any type in particular is good at "acting like other types".. but as for blending into social surroundings.. I do not do this unless I want to, and when I am inclined, I do it well.

MBTI
    TiSe

cha·me·le·on /kəˈmiliən, -ˈmilyən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuh-mee-lee-uhn, -meel-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    3. a changeable, fickle, or inconstant person.
    Since Jung and Myers say that Ne type behavior likes chage for it's own sake, then it would be most likely anyone using that function on a normal basis. Se types do not like change for it's own sake and can be confused as adaptibility equating to change.

I did not vote since the choices are limited to one and becaue all NP types can be considered chamelons. In fact Paul James describes INTPs as:
    ....disliking making the first move and tend to mirror the emotional content of the other person. A jolly person will quickly bring the INTP out of his shell, as much as that is possible, while a serious person will find a serious INTP looking back at him. In this sense, INTPs preference for intuitive perception (rather than action) with respect to people results in them resembling a chameleon. The INTP can fit into many different modes of behaviour, even contradictory ones, in order to get into the mindset of the other person.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Since Jung and Myers say that Ne type behavior likes chage for it's own sake, then it would be most likely anyone using that function on a normal basis. Se types do not like change for it's own sake and can be confused as adaptibility equating to change.

I did not vote since the choices are limited to one and becaue all NP types can be considered chamelons. In fact Paul James describes INTPs as:
    Thanks for pointing that out... that's why I'm here.. to learn. I never saw that before. This is a characteristic of mine that I have disliked most of my thinking life. It has made me feel phoney althought I know I'm not. I've struggled with authenticity because of it. Now, authenticity is a near obsession for me. So, perhaps, that characteristic changes/modifies with age?

Edit: In thinking about this propensity over the years, I've decided that this characteristic is the result of "acting" so often. IE: pushing emotions down in order to stay in my "thinking" comfort zone. I've learned to mirror the other as it was the only way to relate "normally (lol)" That's a lame attempt at explaining.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Based on the Paul James quote, I voted INTP.

MBTI
    INFJ

My husband is INTP and I don't think he's very chameleon-like, according to the James definition. He doesn't dance at parties, eg, but talks quietly to people who come to him; he doesn't drink, play party games or spontaneously drive off to see fireworks, the full moon or high tide. He's agreeable and pleasant with most people, but he doesn't act high-spirited, no matter what the people around him are doing. However, he's good at not standing out or taking the spotlight, so in that way, he's like a chameleon.

I vote ENTP. In my experience, they can be high-spirited or low-key, amiable or assertive, playful or serious, etc. They can read and match atmosphere, surroundings and general activity level well.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

ENTP's are really good at this, but I voted ENFP because they are more people oriented. (They also tend to be the type most overrepresented among actors.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com