User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type is the ultimate "chameleon"?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

11 17.46%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ENTP

17 26.98%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INFP

1 1.59%
  • INFJ

3 4.76%
  • ENFP

13 20.63%
  • ENFJ

10 15.87%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

3 4.76%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

3 4.76%
  • ISFJ

1 1.59%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

1 1.59%
First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Types most capable of chameleoning are ESTP, ENTP, ESFJ, and ENFJ.

Social chameleoning rests on the Se-Fe or Ne-Fe axis or any combination of extroverted perception and Fe. Why would you all ignore the one function that basically creates/standardizes socialization? I'd say generally TPs and FJs are more socially adaptable, because as socially retarded as ITPs may be (which isn't usually the case in my experience) they're way better at it than ITJs. The most adaptable FPs and TJs are ESFPs and ESTJs.

Also, I'd like to add the mere fact that most people voted intuitives as being the most socially adaptable is crazy. SJs and SPs represent the largest chunk of the population and yet they're not the most adaptable group?

ETA:

Which type do you think blends into it's environment best? ENFJ for blending, ESFJ for creating the environment in which to blend.
    Which type is best at acting like other types? ESTP
    Which type is the most adaptable/changeable? ENTP or ENFJ

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Also, I'd like to add the mere fact that most people voted intuitives as being the most socially adaptable is crazy. SJs and SPs represent the largest chunk of the population and yet they're not the most adaptable group?
    I don't disagree with what you are said but I didn't understand this argument. Wouldn't the largest chunk of the population have less of a reason to adapt?

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    As for typing, are you saying every single person on this forum has to have been typed professionally for us to discuss not only him/her but relatives, friends and acquaintances?
    If hubby confirms his type then okay. Even professionals that I know never tell you your type, instead allow you to make that decision alone. When I took the MBTI Step II some seven years ago, my results were INTP. My administerer only commented that I was close in the S/N due to my line of work, but she never advised me that I was not INTP. In hindsight I am happy that she did not interfere, instead allowing me to take that journey myself.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    I don't disagree with what you are said but I didn't understand this argument. Wouldn't the largest chunk of the population have less of a reason to adapt?
    I guess so if they're mostly homogeneous. But I also think there is more variation within type than between type. You're asking what need do SJs/SPs have to blend in. Two people of the same type would be more likely blend towards each other, whereas two people with opposite types would have more difficulty. Which types (and functions) would be more likely/willing to blend and which ones wouldn't? An ESFJ would be more willing and likely to blend than an INTP. I'd consider that chameleoning.

And then there's the who temperament vs. type argument. SJs as a temperament would be more willing to blend in than NTs, so how would an ENTP be more be more blendable than an ESFJ? If SJs create the standard to which someone must adapt to, then which type/temperament outside of SJs would have the desire and ability to adapt to it?

MBTI
    INTP

Two people of the same type would be more likely blend towards each other, whereas two people with opposite types would have more difficulty.
    Excellent point. So, types with small differences blend more whereas people with too large of a gap just self-segregate.

And then there's the who temperament vs. type argument. SJs as a temperament would be more willing to blend in than NTs, so how would an ENTP be more be more blendable than an ESFJ?
    Do you have a source? I have been looking and unable to find anything about this topic but I could have swore that I had read it somewhere.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my thoughts were along the lines that Se/Ne + Fe makes for good chameleoning- the ability to read what people are up to gives the ability to play into that I would say that the difference would be that SPs would be better at blending in real life while NTP/NFJs would be better at blending online The difference being that the Se would be more in touch with the environment than the average N

ETA:

Which type do you think blends into it's environment best? ENFJ for blending, ESFJ for creating the environment in which to blend.
    Which type is best at acting like other types? ESTP
    Which type is the most adaptable/changeable? ENTP or ENFJ
    is this a jab PM?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

is this a jab PM?
    No way! I think what you did is funny and why typing people online is a joke. I ain't mad at cha.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ok! thanks! just wanted to clear that up because I was a bit confused about it

the rest of your post said what I'd been thinking!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    If hubby confirms his type then okay. Even professionals that I know never tell you your type, instead allow you to make that decision alone. When I took the MBTI Step II some seven years ago, my results were INTP. My administerer only commented that I was close in the S/N due to my line of work, but she never advised me that I was not INTP. In hindsight I am happy that she did not interfere, instead allowing me to take that journey myself.
    Hubby is only marginally interested in the MBTI.

As far as my assessment goes:

I - he's happy to spend lots of time alone and needs his downtime. He prefers to socialize with one other person or a small group. Parties and large groups make him uncomfortable unless: 1) he has a camera or 2) he's in the kitchen cooking. As I said before, he lets others come to him for quiet discussions.

N - no doubt there. He's not into sensory data.

T - again, no doubt there. He explains situations rather than sympathizing or listening empathetically. Doesn't share feelings or make decisions based on them.

NT - Rational fits him perfectly. Information-gatherer, problem-solver.

P - not a J. Easily adapts to changes of plans or unforeseen events. Not a planner himself. Forgets dates and times. Doesn't wear a watch. Doesn't have an appt. book, datebook, blackberry, etc. Doesn't make lists to go the store, routinely forgets items and goes back 2 or 3 times.

Looks like an INTP to me.

I understand your point, but really, how can we have a forum if every person has to have been assessed professionally before we can discuss his/her type?

I notice other people disagree about the chameleon-like nature of INTP, so it's not just my amateur observation. I've discussed typology with other members of this forum and the general consensus seems to be you can't eliminate someone from being a certain type based on one criterion, nor can you assign someone to a certain type based on one criterion. Perhaps some
    INTPs are perfect chameleons. It seems others aren't.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Do you have a source? I have been looking and unable to find anything about this topic but I could have swore that I had read it somewhere.
    Sources about temperament vs. type:
    Temperament Theory Theory
    Keirsey Temperament versus Myer-Briggs Types
    Keirsey Temperament Website: Temperament vs Character

Stuff about the four temperaments:
    Temperament Theory

People of the Stabilizer Temperament . . .
    Want to fit in, to have membership. Hunger for responsibility, accountability, and predictability. Tend to be generous, to serve, and to do their duty. Establish and maintain institutions and standard operating procedures. Tend to protect and preserve, to stand guard and warn. Look to the past and tradition. Foster enculturation with ceremonies and rules. Trust contracts and authority. Want security and stability. Think in terms of what is conventional, comparisons, associations, and discrete elements. Generally are serious, concerned, and fatalistic. Usually are skilled at ensuring that things, information, and people are in the right place, in the right amounts, in the right quality, at the right time. Frequently gravitate toward business and commerce.