User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type is the ultimate "chameleon"?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

11 17.46%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ENTP

17 26.98%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INFP

1 1.59%
  • INFJ

3 4.76%
  • ENFP

13 20.63%
  • ENFJ

10 15.87%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

3 4.76%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

3 4.76%
  • ISFJ

1 1.59%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

1 1.59%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'd say ENTP, followed closely by ENFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think ENTP, because of having both Ne and Fe. ENFP's are close seconds, but the Fi gives them this weird individualist/personal vibe that isn't easily erased.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i dont think ENFPs are very good fakers, honestly. their Fi values show through too much.

Fe is necessary for being a chameleon, IMO.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, I think it's ENTP now.

MBTI
    TiSe

Just my opinion, but it's not necessarily a character flaw. I consider it a natural propensity to blend in and adapt to the environment one finds themselves in. This is probably just as conducive to all perceiving types. On the other hand, we have all met people who are the same wherever they are or go. I sometimes find these people disrespectful of the immediate environment when they are unable to blend in when necessary, therefore can cause animosity to the the differing culture depending on how much they need to adapt.

Seanan, your point is well taken in being cognizant of feeling phony. That as Myers says, is indicative of introverts in general knowing when they are not being themselves and extraverts' inability to distinguish their true selves from their personnas.

As for Jae Rae, assuming that hubby has validated his being INTP and this not being an amateur prognosis his type, have you considered that you are the determining factor in how he behaves? Lenore Thomson says that ITPs are the Jekyll and Hydes of the MBTI. This is corroborated by the enneagram if he is E5, due to strong Ti/E5 types being able to compartmentalize their lives. Generally their acquaintences (notice I did not say friends because Ti can cause this type to do a hairsplit in knowing the difference) do not know of one another. Ergo, he may be consistent in his behavior in your presence. It would be interesting how he behaves when you're not around. Mind you even when being chameleon-like, does not mean we necessarily do a 180 degree turn. My degree of getting involved depends on my comfort with the people that I am intermingling. The more people I know and feel comfortable being around, the higher degree of involvement I will have.

MBTI
    INFJ

You raise a good point about compartmentalizing. His friends and work buddies tend not to know each other or mix well, this has been tested at housewarmings and birthday parties.

I get what you're saying, but he's never been a party guy, didn't dance until we took lessons, etc.; he's good, just doesn't like to put himself out there that way. On the other hand, I like to dance at parties and mingle.

As for typing, are you saying every single person on this forum has to have been typed professionally for us to discuss not only him/her but relatives, friends and acquaintances?

Not sure about the Enneagram; he always seemed like a 9 to me. But we haven't had it professionally checked.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    You raise a good point about compartmentalizing. His friends and work buddies tend not to know each other or mix well, this has been tested at housewarmings and birthday parties.

I get what you're saying, but he's never been a party guy, didn't dance until we took lessons, etc.; he's good, just doesn't like to put himself out there that way. On the other hand, I like to dance at parties and mingle.

As for typing, are you saying every single person on this forum has to have been typed professionally for us to discuss not only him/her but relatives, friends and acquaintances?

Not sure about the Enneagram; he always seemed like a 9 to me. But we haven't had it professionally checked.

Jae Rae
    Probably the best way is to just ask him if he ever feels "phoney" interacting with others. Being one who feels that way, its not a value judgement. Its not done deliberately to "trick" people. Its just how I feel internally. I was relieved to see what ? had to say.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Probably the best way is to just ask him if he ever feels "phoney" interacting with others.
    What's being determined?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm surprised people haven't said ESTP. I would've thought that this type above the ENTP was more chameleonesque. This is partly because I feel like they live their lives in clubs, bars, people's pants, so to maintain this lifestyle, they have to start spinning a web of deceit and flexibility. Like a Three on the Enneagram.

MBTI
    INTP

I thought I remember reading in the description for ENFJ recently the tendency to be sometimes like a "chameleon". I will try to find the link. I will wait to vote though until I have thought about it more. I have often thought of myself in this way. I am wondering if it has more to do with environment than type (though type might have more of a propensity to exhibit the behavior). By environment, I mean if any person is put through enough change they learn to adapt more readily. For example, I am sure any military kids that were forced to move around a lot are more likely to adapt to their surroundings than someone that has lived in the same house all of their lives.