User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I've had the opposite problem it seems. People will walk up to me and say things "what are you smiling about?" or "you look really happy" even when I'm not. Maybe I just subconsciously smile when nervous or stressed.
    Oh, that does happen to me occasionally too. I tend to get the "why so sad" from strangers, but sometimes friends or acquaintances think I look superbly happy when I'm feeling anything but. Of course, there is something to be said for looking fab even when you feel like crap

And of course, there is the also common INFJ experience of having strangers glom onto you and pour out their hearts. I'm never sure what they're attracted to, though I suspect it's the calm vibe, which almost everyone thinks I give off.

I think bologna's assessment is spot on.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    yupp

when I'm content people ask me what's wrong. When I'm not content no one bothers me and than when I explode they're like we had no idea! it's like really?!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I am so tired of hearing people say this to me... or my other favorites

"are you mad/sad?" or "why so serious" which has become ever more popular since Batman... sigh.

Look... I'll frickin smile when I feel like smiling. I dont walk around with a smile on my face all the time, honestly I dont know why, I think because its tiring, I have literally TRIED to do that, and my face begins to quiver and and my eyes eventually begin to water. And what the hell am I smiling at anyway? I am fairly stoic anyway, and to save time, no I am not excited, not excited that I am graduating college, got a new job, nephew was born, am going on a roller coaster, lost my virginity, etc etc... I dont get excited. I do occasionally get a quick tingle inside if I think up something clever or I put my mind to something and see it finished and accomplished, but other then that, nothing.

Does anyone else feel this way? Check in with your MBTI while you're at it.
    Yes. I hate this! I smile often enough, but as soon as I stop smiling for a period of time, someone picks up on it without fail. I'm thinking, "man, do I have to smile 24/7?"
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yes. I hate this! I smile often enough, but as soon as I stop smiling for a period of time, someone picks up on it without fail. I'm thinking, "man, do I have to smile 24/7?"
    as an ESFP yes, you are it's written in the law. duh!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    "are you mad/sad?" or "why so serious" which has become ever more popular since Batman... sigh.
    I get asked this a lot too, or "What's wrong?" when nothing whatsoever is wrong, I'm just lost in thought and probably have a serious expression on my face. I do express my emotions and I think I'm a pretty cheerful and smily person, but smiling isn't my "neutral" expression... a neutral expression is my neutral expression! And what the heck is wrong with being serious, anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    This happens to me too. It seems to be a pretty common INFJ experience. And then I get odd looks when I occasionally smile and laugh to myself at random funny thoughts. Though I am making a conscious effort to try and look just a tiny bit happier in day to day life...but some days it's more effort than it's worth.

I do get excited about things and can be very animated then. I also have a generally friendly and smiling manner when I talk to other people. But I know that I look fairly serious and even sad when on my own, walking down the street etc.

My default expression seems to be the thousand-yard stare...
    Actually this is pretty much me as well. I love laughing/smiling to myself at something funny I just think of, or something I see and find funny that no one else finds funny!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I smile in the event I laugh, but that's about it. Similar to the OP, I was asked those types of questions as well. Basically, for me, it boils down to not faking emotion for the sake of putting those around me at ease. If a smile doesn't present itself naturally, I'm not going to put any effort presenting an artificial one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Sometimes smiling too much will result in the same reactions as well. Im generally a bubbly, happy person.. but sometimes, I can be content and chilled out for the day. It gets to the point where if I am not smiling people yell at me, like it is expected of me, instead of something that naturally happens. I think this is more annoying than the times I was told I never smiled back in middle school.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

The answer to this is everytime you see them flash them a dopey/menacing smile, then lick your lips.

I promise they won't bother you then.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

I don't like being fake

Hahahaha. If you were to look at me, you wouldn't see me smiling... especially not all the time. It doesn't feel natural.

The only time I do smile or laugh is when an occasion brings it (e.g. something like a cute little kid/dog or someone was joking and I end up laughing [there is more that brings me to smile...].)