User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    A shy extravert is more uncomfortable alone, he doesn't get anything from being alone, he doesn't "charge his batteries", he avoids his anxiety.
    I'm not like that. I can go both ways. Ambivert.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's difficult to see how you'd be energised by Fi. Se is a lot easier to see.
    Yes. It's easy for me to see that Se drains me, though. Which means it isn't dominant. It can be hard to tell for SPs though. Actually maybe any Ps? I think Pe stands out whether it's dominant or auxiliary.

Do I need to start a ADD introvert or extrovert thread. If I am ADD then I am the laid back one, what is that called again?
    Inattentive?

---------
    I'd rather spend a week in the mansion alone, as long as there were enough entertaining things. If I were bored instead, I would rather have people around, so long as they are not the loud, partying, perpetually drunk types.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    Inattentive?
    Yeah, if I was anything, it'd be inattentive.

In Jungian terms it's easy to see that I am Se dominant. A focus on emergent facts/experiences. At the same time I am pretty laid back I think, reserved maybe. It's funny how Kdude mentioned I reminded him of Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. He is supposedly esfp and laid back. I was reading this thing about inferior functions. An esfp's inferior function is Ni which supposedly results in an undeveloped love of mysticism and so forth.

Lucky Kwai Chang Caine didn't know that.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Definitely introverted here, but I do get to the stage where I had enough alone time. I'm full and busting with energy, so I can appear extroverted like that because the batteries are charged, but I get befuzzled a lot quicker than an extrovert can (if some of them ever do) with too much external input. I do need external input. Too much alone time kicks in the si-fi loop, so I need to get out of my head quite regulary, get some more input so to speak.
    A lot of people have trouble believing I'm an introvert though, because when I'm out , I'm really out, but for me if I'm out too much, I can't think straight. I have to go some where quiet to rearrange my thoughts. I think if people realised how much time I do spend by myself, and how much time I just spend thinking, I think they would comprehend more.

Wolfy, you sound a bit like my BFF (who is also ISFP). He gets really charged up when he attends dance class, even has that screen saver thing, and he is definitely more tolerant to being out than me. He's still introverted though, just not as much as me. He's really tactile too, like he loves loads of colour every where. Freakin' cushions every where of every nice feeling material imaginable, and loves, loves music. He's greedy for sensory input all the time. I could see why it could be hard to tell if youare introverted or extroverted, but he's one of the few people, I could read a book in his presence, and not feel nervous that I'm not talking, because I know he just didn't feel the need to talk either.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Wolfy, you sound a bit like my BFF (who is also ISFP). He gets really charged up when he attends dance class, even has that screen saver thing, and he is definitely more tolerant to being out than me. He's still introverted though, just not as much as me. He's really tactile too, like he loves loads of colour every where. Freakin' cushions every where of every nice feeling material imaginable, and loves, loves music. He's greedy for sensory input all the time. I could see why it could be hard to tell if youare introverted or extroverted, but he's one of the few people, I could read a book in his presence, and not feel nervous that I'm not talking, because I know he just didn't feel the need to talk either.
    Yeah, that does sound like me a bit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

An old rugby thread made me think of all this again...

I feel like I want to engage and need to. I also tend to get more and more energy in situations I enjoy. I was curious about it because I was fairly shy as a teenager and in my early twenties. Not so much now but still there is some shyness I think.

I don't really get the difference between external and internal preference. It feels like I prefer external.
    i think i'm beginning to realize..i'm still kind of shy. i know i was when i was younger and had not felt like i was anymore..i think there's this thing when i feel instant acceptance and approval in new crowds and then i'm just normal...but when i don't which feels like a new thing...new city not enough people who i know around me....and i guess i'm just shy...without even realizing it really...but i was just told that in an interview...which sucks. :/

so anyway...i agree with skylights...and...i've always wondered if you were an esfp instead...you seem more outward focused to me
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think i'm beginning to realize..i'm still kind of shy. i know i was when i was younger and had not felt like i was anymore..i think there's this thing when i feel instant acceptance and approval in new crowds and then i'm just normal...but when i don't which feels like a new thing...new city not enough people who i know around me....and i guess i'm just shy...without even realizing it really...but i was just told that in an interview...which sucks. :/

so anyway...i agree with skylights...and...i've always wondered if you were an esfp instead...you seem more outward focused to me
    It can be really difficult in new environments.
    And esfp? Yeah? That's interesting. You know me well enough for me to take it seriously.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you definitely seem engaging...are you sx first? i can't remember what your stacking is

i feel like i see more se in you than fi though...with infps it's like fi fi fi all over the place ya know? maybe it just feels different from isfps tho? hmm...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    you definitely seem engaging...are you sx first? i can't remember what your stacking is

i feel like i see more se in you than fi though...with infps it's like fi fi fi all over the place ya know? maybe it just feels different from isfps tho? hmm...
    I wasn't sure. People said sp/sx, I can see that. I related to sx/sp too. But anyway, let's stick to one identity crisis at a time. People do say that about isfp, Se takes the edge off a bit, but I don't know.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

These threads confuse me more than clarify. I always test as an introvert. But I'm often engaged in physical hobbies. I feel energized at breaking into new social circles and people respond to me well. I have an overdrive crisis mode. But I don't feel that my 'energy' resembles the true extraverts here.

I've mostly chosen to ignore I/E differentiation for myself.