User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Haha, I do this. Must be some miswiring in our brains. I call it "cloud head" or "screensaver"
    Yeah, people think it's cute/funny. I don't know what that is. My Dad has that too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, people think it's cute/funny. I don't know what that is.
    Not me! People get concerned. I'm supposed to be "on" all the time. People don't like or get screensaver mode. It's just a couple of moments/minutes where I literally am not thinking or feeling anything. I'm there but I'm not there. I have the autopilot for answering questions. Then I snap out of it and say, "WAIT, WHAT? Sorry! Spaced out!"

(Edit: A vitamin deficiency or something?? Who knows what it is?)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

ThatGirl

Do I need to start a ADD introvert or extrovert thread. If I am ADD then I am the laid back one, what is that called again?
    add?

Not me! People get concerned. I'm supposed to be "on" all the time. People don't like or get screensaver mode.
    People around me think it's cute. I play it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    add?
    something missing?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

People around me think it's cute. I play it up.
    Awww...
    Wait, did you just take away your I?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Awww...
    Wait, did you just take away your I?
    Yeah, it was annoying me. Most people think it's cute. Except those that don't.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I definitely feel like I go into a different mode when there is a crisis. Emotions are gone and I see pretty clearly what needs to be done. I had a big day like that last year when I had to take charge, kick ass, and take names. It was a week before my mom died and the hospital wasn't helping us at all on some important things going on. I don't get a chance to exercise this skill a lot and I was so thankful to have it. My super INFP aunt does the deer in the headlights thing whenever there is a problem. I find it very irritating.

Maybe this means I am supposed to be more of an extravert but the weight of the world has crushed me like a grape!
    Eh...you could be a natural extravert. I'm not sure if what you're describing is the same thing as "springing into action" without thought though. It sounds you handled those situations perfectly, and you were very controlled and deliberate. The stress response thing I quoted was talking specifically about reactions that aren't necessarily voluntary, and whether they tend to be uncontrolled action or paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'd say I have a more difficult time refraining from acting impulsively than freezing up. It's actually been a great benefit to me. One time, when I was about twenty years old, this dude tried to snatch my purse, but he was half drunk and I immediately just started yelling at him and beating him with said purse, so he wasn't able to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I think sometimes being reactive or impulsive could be detrimental, and I'm more likely to be that way when it concerns glorious me, rather than a task that involves serving others.

My brash impulsiveness I would say can be one of my biggest flaws...but I didn't get my purse stolen, dammit.

I just think, though, if that happened in some place like NYC I might have gotten shot by the mugger though. This was just some drunk douche at a party I was at in NC.
    This sounds more like the impulsive action the page I quoted was talking about. Especially if you think you would have done the same if you'd been in serious danger. And the bolded...I have a very hard time picturing an introvert saying that. Everyone likely says or does the occasional impulsive thing, but if it happens all the time and it's a major flaw of yours, and if stress makes you more likely to act that way rather than less....yeah, I think that's a strong sign of extraversion.

That's actually one of the things I find most puzzling about extraverts. When I started reading about tertiary temptation and "loops", the idea of extraverted loops just blew my mind. The thought of someone always being compelled to act, and having to stop themselves and make themselves reflect more....I can hardly wrap my head around that. I try to imagine it, and it seems so completely bass-ackwards and bizarre to me.

@ the OP: Are there any reasons besides shyness that made you decide you were introverted? If feeling shy was the main thing that made you think 'I' for yourself, you're right to reconsider that now. I don't know you well enough to have an opinion on your type though.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    @ the OP: Are there any reasons besides shyness that made you decide you were introverted? If feeling shy was the main thing that made you think 'I' for yourself, you're right to reconsider that now. I don't know you well enough to have an opinion on your type though.
    It was mostly a slight shyness. Also the tendency to drift off now and again. I think I prefer Se over Fi. I feel like I get my energy from Se, I am very become aware of it in my environment and do it. At the same time I am laid back.

There is some energy from a kind of idealism, mostly about authenticity.

I feel like I adapt and adjust myself to the situation, I get energised in situations I enjoy, I like having a lot of friends. I don't want to go out all the time but a lot of friends is good. I feel like I am pretty open about what I like.

I tend to keep the more temperamental aspects under wraps but I seem more open about that these days. Probably more of a hassle for others but more healthy nonetheless.

That's all I can think of.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Saturned, are you certain your not an E?

In the sense that your E/I preference is not neccessarily decided by observable behaviors, like being social and engaging, but by the psychic energy, and external focus.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts