User Tag List

First 891011 Last

I was reflecting on how what others see as shyness is me checking in on myself.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    An old rugby thread made me think of all this again...

I feel like I want to engage and need to. I also tend to get more and more energy in situations I enjoy. I was curious about it because I was fairly shy as a teenager and in my early twenties. Not so much now but still there is some shyness I think.

I don't really get the difference between external and internal preference. It feels like I prefer external.
    You know... as I get older, I find myself more extroverted-like. Really, this has been a development in only the last year and a half.

I still very much consider myself an introvert and an ISFP... as for most of my life, I had more internal dialogue than external. And I was always very much in my own head. And found it difficult to speak my ideas, nor did I have the desire to do so. But being a feeler, I also had the desire to be accepted and liked, and therefore wanted to be around people. But just wasn't very good at it for a very long time. But regardless, I could keep myself well stimulated internally or mentally. I'd stay up for hours, through the night, just thinking or drawing, etc.

Now that I'm older, I'm much better with people. And though I can often find hanging out with friends quite fun and stimulating. Day after day of doing this, I can find it incredibly draining, and want to go into hiding for a little bit. I feel as though I think best when I'm by myself, and I feel most myself when by... myself. When constantly engaged externally, I can tend to feel a little lost after a while. So, I know Fi is certainly my true core. But I seem to desire the internal and external world at the same time.

They always say ISFP's are some of the most extroverted of the introverts. I think it's a combination of being a feeler (and feelers are people oriented) and an extroverted sensor. I think a lot of ISFP's confuse their selves as extroverts due to this. We often want to be where the action is.

Another way to figure this out, perhaps, is to gauge if you're Te or Ni is stronger. Do you feel as though you use a good bit of Se + Te or Fi + Ni ?

Also, most ESFP's I know... don't... ever... stop... talking.

Or maybe you're just well balanced on E/I.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't know if there's such a harsh line between introverts and extroverts as we like to think. There are some people who are pretty extreme in one way or another, but not everyone is like that. I consider myself pretty close on introversion/extroversion too. Sometimes people and external events really energize me, sometimes they really drain me and I just want to nap.
    That's about how I am, too. If there's a lot of things going on that can well stimulate Se... than yes... I can get pretty energized.

But the same is true if I can find a lot to stimulate Fi.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Much to the consternation on my father, that is true of me: Also, most ESFP's I know... don't... ever... stop... talking.
    In the past few years, I have discovered that I seem to have this need to talk incessantly. Even when I'm alone, I want to talk.
    So I made a rule for myself that, when I talk to myself, it has to be in Spanish.
    When I went to Ecuador, I stayed with a family in Quito. And I chattered incessantly and happily. My Quito family was very happy about that. They said that being a motormouth was a good trait for a language student. I (re)learned Spanish very quickly because I talk all of the time.
    (But I think that I listen, too, and, even occasionally, can stop talking or singing or making other sounds...)
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    You know... as I get older, I find myself more extroverted-like. Really, this has been a development in only the last year and a half.

I still very much consider myself an introvert and an ISFP... as for most of my life, I had more internal dialogue than external. And I was always very much in my own head. And found it difficult to speak my ideas, nor did I have the desire to do so. But being a feeler, I also had the desire to be accepted and liked, and therefore wanted to be around people. But just wasn't very good at it for a very long time. But regardless, I could keep myself well stimulated internally or mentally. I'd stay up for hours, through the night, just thinking or drawing, etc.

Now that I'm older, I'm much better with people. And though I can often find hanging out with friends quite fun and stimulating. Day after day of doing this, I can find it incredibly draining, and want to go into hiding for a little bit. I feel as though I think best when I'm by myself, and I feel most myself when by... myself. When constantly engaged externally, I can tend to feel a little lost after a while. So, I know Fi is certainly my true core. But I seem to desire the internal and external world at the same time.

They always say ISFP's are some of the most extroverted of the introverts. I think it's a combination of being a feeler (and feelers are people oriented) and an extroverted sensor. I think a lot of ISFP's confuse their selves as extroverts due to this. We often want to be where the action is.

Another way to figure this out, perhaps, is to gauge if you're Te or Ni is stronger. Do you feel as though you use a good bit of Se + Te or Fi + Ni ?

Also, most ESFP's I know... don't... ever... stop... talking.

Or maybe you're just well balanced on E/I.

That's about how I am, too. If there's a lot of things going on that can well stimulate Se... than yes... I can get pretty energized.

But the same is true if I can find a lot to stimulate Fi.
    That's pretty interesting and sounds like me for the most part. I am pretty comfortable with silence. I just want to be engaged in action or in a situation. I think I am Fi first because of the way I build in my mind and work out from that a lot. If that makes sense. I don't really find it draining to be with people but I tend to hang around with people who don't talk all the time.

MBTI
    yupp

it's interesting cuz I'll have periods where I'm totally energized by people than periods where I just want to stab them in the face and say good night. And it's not consistent. but yeah I'm a sometimes shy introvert I've decided.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I am envious of the so called extraverted ISFPs.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's interesting cuz I'll have periods where I'm totally energized by people than periods where I just want to stab them in the face and say good night. And it's not consistent. but yeah I'm a sometimes shy introvert I've decided.
    Stabbing in the face seems like slight overkill. And a sweet good night seems ironic. I'm sure you'd get peace and quiet though... until the sirens pierced your slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I am envious of the so called extraverted ISFPs.
    Yeah? It takes time.

MBTI
    yupp

fine, ok, punch them in the face? oooh those sirens, not the ones that lure sailors to their death. right because facing stabbing is illegal.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

A shy extrovert has self-confidence issues or low self-esteem. I remember reading about study or something that said 9/10 of the people who see a physician for social anxiety are introverts, which I think makes sense, and the 10% of extroverts with social anxiety are the ones with the unhealthy internal issues.

All Natural! All Good!

Wow I really relate to the other ISFPs here. Also, I can converse with people or do active things for about 5-6 hours at once, without feeling any energy drain... but then I'll hit a wall, and at that point, I feel like I can't even move or speak anymore, I'm so tired. So...I don't know, lol. Recovery once I've hit the wall phase takes a few days.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.