User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Inferior Function Fetish

I came across a brief summary of this topic in the MBTI Types blog. It seems to explain my sneaking suspicion that I am an INTP wrapped in INFJ clothing.

Is anyone here familiar with the concept? How does this fetish express itself within the context of your MBTI type?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have to run right this sec, but "INTP in INFJ clothing?" ... yes, we should talk.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Ne dominants (ENTP and ENFP) may develop Si fetishes such as maintenance work, collecting hobbies, history and gardening
    Where's the "oh fuck no" smiley. I'll just use :1377: because it looks like he's waving his cute little middle finger.

I understand what the poster is getting at, but I pretty much never see myself getting interested in those sorts of things. I pay other people to perform, say, maintenance and gardening because they're so tedious and terrible to me, and I doubt that'll change much as I get older unless it's out of necessity.

Long story sort, it ain't true for me.

The sentiment is as unfounded (but not as nebulous) as the Socionics hidden agenda, except people actually take that one as sacrosanct and actually use it in type analyses for some reason. Good times.

Checked out the blog link and found it odd since, in the case of an ENTJ, it allocates artistry to Fi, where artistry can bridge over multiple cognitive functions such as Se, Ni or Te. So it leads me to believe that there's too much attempt to compartmentalise every action towards a function.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Jenaphor bologna,
    I agree that some of the examples in the blog post are lame. Particularly for introverted functions - a fetish implies some sort of extreme or unusual behavior. Perhaps inferior fetishes are more easily identified in introverts?

Since I started the topic, I'll reveal one of my own (shameful) fetishes. I am obsessed with vintage fashions. Not so much for my own wardrobe but I am a decent seamstress and enjoy creating period costumes for the local theater company. I guess this is more of a Si-Fe obsession.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Interesting. According to this I could either be Ne or Fi dom (ENFP or INFP) because I've made a hobby of history and I do like gardening - though I don't do it much right now - yet I also enjoy debating and politics.

I think it's very interesting. Although, like Jenaphor said, this could cross functions: perhaps these things blend my Si/Te so that's why I could be ENFP or INFP according to that theory.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey! I bet cooking would also go with that Si fetish.

If you want to look at fetishes, as a Fi inferior, a fetish for me would be to seek out emotionally manipulative relationships. But I don't enjoy pain so it's not part of my list of fetishes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    If you want to look at fetishes, as a Fi inferior, a fetish for me would be to seek out emotionally manipulative relationships. But I don't enjoy pain so it's not part of my list of fetishes.
    I know you're joking, but I see you say things like this a lot, like you only see the negative of Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I know you're joking, but I see you say things like this a lot, like you only see the negative of Fi.
    That's because baby Fi when it manifests, is a joke. Inferior functions are always wonky.