• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Function Fetish

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I came across a brief summary of this topic in the MBTI Types blog. It seems to explain my sneaking suspicion that I am an INTP wrapped in INFJ clothing.

Is anyone here familiar with the concept? How does this fetish express itself within the context of your MBTI type?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to run right this sec, but "INTP in INFJ clothing?" ... yes, we should talk. :)

G

garbage

Ne dominants (ENTP and ENFP) may develop Si fetishes such as maintenance work, collecting hobbies, history and gardening

Where's the "oh fuck no" smiley. I'll just use :1377: because it looks like he's waving his cute little middle finger.

I understand what the poster is getting at, but I pretty much never see myself getting interested in those sorts of things. I pay other people to perform, say, maintenance and gardening because they're so tedious and terrible to me, and I doubt that'll change much as I get older unless it's out of necessity.

Long story sort, it ain't true for me.

The sentiment is as unfounded (but not as nebulous) as the Socionics hidden agenda, except people actually take that one as sacrosanct and actually use it in type analyses for some reason. Good times.

rav3n

Checked out the blog link and found it odd since, in the case of an ENTJ, it allocates artistry to Fi, where artistry can bridge over multiple cognitive functions such as Se, Ni or Te. So it leads me to believe that there's too much attempt to compartmentalise every action towards a function.

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Jenaphor bologna,
I agree that some of the examples in the blog post are lame. Particularly for introverted functions - a fetish implies some sort of extreme or unusual behavior. Perhaps inferior fetishes are more easily identified in introverts?

Since I started the topic, I'll reveal one of my own (shameful) fetishes. I am obsessed with vintage fashions. Not so much for my own wardrobe but I am a decent seamstress and enjoy creating period costumes for the local theater company. I guess this is more of a Si-Fe obsession.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting. According to this I could either be Ne or Fi dom (ENFP or INFP) because I've made a hobby of history and I do like gardening - though I don't do it much right now - yet I also enjoy debating and politics.

I think it's very interesting. Although, like Jenaphor said, this could cross functions: perhaps these things blend my Si/Te so that's why I could be ENFP or INFP according to that theory.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey! I bet cooking would also go with that Si fetish.

rav3n

If you want to look at fetishes, as a Fi inferior, a fetish for me would be to seek out emotionally manipulative relationships. But I don't enjoy pain so it's not part of my list of fetishes. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you want to look at fetishes, as a Fi inferior, a fetish for me would be to seek out emotionally manipulative relationships. But I don't enjoy pain so it's not part of my list of fetishes. ;)

I know you're joking, but I see you say things like this a lot, like you only see the negative of Fi.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I buy some things that I never do anything with or use. Like books, or comic books, or DVDs. I just buy them and sit them somewhere. Is that "collecting?" I am not like a hoarder or anything but I have a whole tub full of DVDs and some boxes of comics. Some of the DVDs are still in the shrink wrap I think.

I go to the comic book store every 2 weeks and get current on some weekly comics but I don't read them. :/

For me though, the best thing I ever saw about inferior Si was somewhere on this forum called "Form of the inferior ENxP" or something like that. I am basically a hypochondriac and that post made me feel not quite as insane.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I keep wanting to reply here, but then I start to, and then I realize something is wrong, but I don't know what it is.

I finally realized what the problem was. I hate that word "fetish." It makes me think of sexual fantasies and weird obsessions. So I'm an Se dom... Guess I have a philosophizing and daydreaming fetish? I don't know. This just isn't sitting right.

Yesterday Se doms didn't like to philosophize. Today we have a fetish about it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just use some doublethink and then you'll understand.

Ah I see...

I accept that I hate philosophy and have a fetish about philosophy. I see what you're saying.

Then totally. Theory's totally valid. I'm totally into it. (Does the word "totally" cover up my confusion?)

wolfy

awsm
I'd have an Ni fetish if anything. "Let's read about Zen by candlelight"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

See!! You ARE an ESFP! Just like that other test said!

Yes huh.

Don't contradict me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yea, I can see myself with some kind of a weird Te fetish. (Why can't I stop using weird and fetish in the same sentence?? I insist in my head that fetishes must be weird.)

wolfy

awsm
Yea, I can see myself with some kind of a weird Te fetish. (Why can't I stop using weird and fetish in the same sentence?? I insist in my head that fetishes must be weird.)

Yeah, I could see you with a Te fetish.