User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I have an inferior Fe and engage in all sorts of music-related activities. One of my favorite bands, Manchester Orchestra, is a pretty good representation of Fe. I also write emotional poetry, which seems pretty F to me, even though it might be Fi. But then, another of my favorite musicians, Andrew Bird, is pretty thoughtful. And poetry requires complex manipulation of language. So they're probably global processes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Don't forget the quilting.

I'll be sitting outside in my porch swing wearing my striped overalls and engineers cap, eating prunes and werthers originals if you want to get together sometime and live dangerously. Bring your coins.
    I plan to solve murder mysteries as I knit and bore my friends and neighbors to death with stories from all the people I've known and the things I've done in my life.

Wait...I already do the latter.

See? My inferior Si is fully functioning right on schedule.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    *hugs her baby Fe*
    Seconded.

Living with 2 Fe-doms and sharing a nice bond/friendship with two other Fe-doms. They facilitated more personal growth in me than did many others combined.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You must be doing some really hard drugs if you plan on quilting as you wait for death in your early thirties. Are your teeth already rotting?
    Pff, nah. Drugs are clearly an Se thing, and I don't even use that function. Every day, I thank God for my cognitive function order.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Pop culture expertise is Ni?
    I was waiting for this comment.

Ni and Si are defined in general terms as mapping external world to internal symbols. The Si map is static and based on "established" meaning. Ni meaning is uniquely defined at an individual level. The extraverted judging functions, Te or Fe, are necessary to actualize Ni's personal agenda. Si also depends on Je but uses Te/Fe to preserve the status quo.

Introverted perceiving (Pi) defines the worldview. Our expectation of "how the world works" is based on Ni/Si. Si believes that the future will be pretty much like the past. Ni is transformative - technology (Te) and society (Fe) can be shaped independently of traditional paradigms.

Back to the question of inferior Ni and pop culture. There are 2 ways of looking at mainstream entertainment. The Si version looks to the past - traditional country music, nostalgic themes in movies/tv, etc. Contemporary Christian music is largely an attempt to repackage Si values for a youthful audience.

"Pop culture" values novelty. The emphasis is on the immediate sensory experience (Se). Since extroverted perceiving must be balanced with the opposite introverted P-function then inferior Ni is absolutely associated with trendy, "American Idol" culture.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    I was waiting for this comment.

Ni and Si are defined in general terms as mapping external world to internal symbols. The Si map is static and based on "established" meaning. Ni meaning is uniquely defined at an individual level. The extraverted judging functions, Te or Fe, are necessary to actualize Ni's personal agenda. Si also depends on Je but uses Te/Fe to preserve the status quo.

Introverted perceiving (Pi) defines the worldview. Our expectation of how "the world works" is based on Ni/Si. Si believes that the future will be pretty much like the past. Ni is transformative - technology (Te) and society (Fe) can be shaped independently of traditional paradigms.

Back to the question of inferior Ni and pop culture. There are 2 ways of looking mainstream entertainment. The Si version looks to the past - traditional country music, formulaic themes in movies/tv, etc. "Pop culture" values innovation. The emphasis is on the immediate sensory experience (Se). Since extroverted perceiving must be balanced with the opposite introverted version then inferior Ni is absolutely associated with trendy, "American Idol" culture.
    Thank you. Theory is still very untrue for me, though, as far as I can see.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Pff, nah. Drugs are clearly an Se thing, and I don't even use that function. Every day, I thank God for my cognitive function order.
    Some days I wake up from my drug induced coma, (Se) and think "I wish I was more like Bologna" and then I start crying and have an emotional breakdown (Fi), when I realize that I have an appointment to go buy drugs and don't want to be late... (Te) and then I think... "what is the meaning?? what is the purpose??????" (Ni.)

Some days I wish my life was built on different functions. It's not easy being an ESFP.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

What a lot of bologna

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

hmm. I do get lost in beautiful music sometimes...but only during the roughest times, so...

I've never been "moved" by visual arts...I appreciate it, but music can really stab right through the core.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Some days I wake up from my drug induced coma, (Se) and think "I wish I was more like Bologna" and then I start crying and have an emotional breakdown (Fi), when I realize that I have an appointment to go buy drugs and don't want to be late... (Te) and then I think... "what is the meaning?? what is the purpose??????" (Ni.)

Some days I wish my life was built on different functions. It's not easy being an ESFP.
    Are you sure you're not an NT? Because your logic makes sense. I think that you're NT.

Oh, shit. I just realized that Se is one of my shadow functions. Could I have been using drugs this entire time without knowing it?

Shit.