User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I guess you're and "F"?... it doesn't mean you aren't objective at all but that you consider people, what's good for them/harmony among people, etc as a major part of the situation in your objectivity... very different from "T" that doesn't consider those primarily in initial approach to it.
    I mostly consider what is realistic and practical. I've noticed many a T is more idealistic than F's when it comes to such things as political theory.

And yes, F's do consider people in their calculations. However, that is an important variable. That doesn't make them "subjective".
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I mostly consider what is realistic and practical. I've noticed many a T is more idealistic than F's when it comes to such things as political theory.

And yes, F's do consider people in their calculations. However, that is an important variable. That doesn't make them "subjective".
    Sorry... I edited.. would you mind reading that and see if it applies? It can appear that way. I would need the situation narrowed.. political theory is a huge area.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Okay, I guess you did too.

For clarity, would you tell me what you see "subjective" meaning as it applies to MB?

MBTI
    OMNi

When I think of the word "subjective" I think "influenced by personal bias or opinion." The connotation then is that my thinking is distorted by my emotions.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

When I think of the word "subjective" I think "influenced by personal bias or opinion." The connotation then is that my thinking is distorted by my emotions.
    Yes, that's your connotation... not the MB meaning. This is just one that was quick... there are much better.

(T)hinking vs. (F)eeling. Thinking and Feeling are the rational functions. They are used to make rational decisions concerning the data they received from their perceiving functions, above. Thinking is characterized as preferring to being logical, analytical and thinking in terms of "true or false". Thinking decisions tend to be based on more objective criteria and facts. Feeling, which refers to subjective criteria and values, strives for harmonious relationships and considers the implications for people. Feeling decisions tend to be based on what seems "more good or less bad" according to values.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

"Values" does not mean "bias" although they can be... that is not a determination in MB and it does not mean those "values" haven't been reached at some past point by the use of logic.

MBTI
    OMNi

Yes, that's your connotation... not the MB meaning. This is just one that was quick... there are much better.

(T)hinking vs. (F)eeling. Thinking and Feeling are the rational functions. They are used to make rational decisions concerning the data they received from their perceiving functions, above. Thinking is characterized as preferring to being logical, analytical and thinking in terms of "true or false". Thinking decisions tend to be based on more objective criteria and facts. Feeling, which refers to subjective criteria and values, strives for harmonious relationships and considers the implications for people. Feeling decisions tend to be based on what seems "more good or less bad" according to values.
    The topic of the thread is connotation of labels. I'm just saying how I perceive "subjective" and "objective".

How bout "spectral" and "finite" in regards to F and T? Spectral as referring to a spectrum and finite as limited or restricted in nature.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

The topic of the thread is connotation of labels. I'm just saying how I perceive "subjective" and "objective".

How bout "spectral" and "finite" in regards to F and T? Spectral as referring to a spectrum and finite as limited or restricted in nature.
    Well, that works if one see's "Ts" as limited in their thinking... not sure about "spectral" but it does seem to make one approach "more" than the other while they're, actually, equal but different. I don't think subjective/objective does that.

Oooops and, of course, MB doesn't either.

MBTI
    OMNi

Well, that works if one see's "Ts" as limited in their thinking... not sure about "spectral" but it does seem to make one approach "more" than the other while they're, actually, equal but different. I don't think subjective/objective does that.
    It does since the value is placed on being "objective". In that essence, a T can make it sound like an F's thinking is twisted or bent out of shape because they empathize, whereas the T may argue they themselves are being reasonable and logical.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

It does since the value is placed on being "objective". In that essence, a T can make it sound like an F's thinking is twisted or bent out of shape because they empathize, whereas the T may argue they themselves are being reasonable and logical.
    IC, we aren't actually discussing the same things. Well, yes, I've seen alot of that BS on this site. Actually, in my personal experience, many attempt to do one of two things: #1 put the NTP, in particular, down or #2 become the same as them via induction... a very curious thing. It is, perhaps, a perspective based on what is noticed or varying threads of interest and discussion. Perhaps trying to come up with labels that aren't so maliably connotative is an attempt to stop that.