User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

With "abstraction" it comes right back to why the labels are being viewed as needing change.... PCness and/or connotation, basically, from what I've seen on the boards. I would love to see some jump on it as meaning "absence of mind or preoccupation." #ell they might even refer to "abstract" and "realistic" art in a description of the approach.... the end result being "Ts" aren't realistic. Think not? Of course the same can be done with "holistic" and "linear" in connotation.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    If you'd like to change "Intuition" to something else (so they are all still different), go for it.
    Done, as seen above... Abstract/Abstraction for the win.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with your description of it --
    But the description itself tackles Intuition, as you've said, as a narrowed term. In fact, your description tries to fit the term's mold, rather than the opposite. You mention the word intuition in your pattern-recognition description, and try to fit it in to your thought process, because that's what the label is, and not necessarily because it's truly intuition -- you just think it is. If I asked you to link the "Intuitive" preference with the purported "seeing the big picture" capability you would most likely do the same, and even though there's nothing preventing so-called "Sensors" from seeing the big picture themselves, you'd probably try to explain the "differences" as that's what an imaginary dichotomy implies as existing.

I'm not trying to read your mind, by the way -- we all do these things constantly in our efforts to discuss MBTI. I just think the labels should not limit anyone's ideas in any way, especially when it's astrology with psychology flavor what people are discussing.
    Not really.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    What say you??
    Personal and Impersonal would be better if we're going to get really pissy about it.

There's object oriented thinking and subject oriented thinking. Te and Ti.

That would be confusing.

Also, who ever said that Fs cant be logical and Ts can't be emotional?
    we fukin won boys

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Personal and Impersonal would be better if we're going to get really pissy about it.
    I don't consider that "pissy" at all... right on in fact. But isn't that still Subjective/Objective?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hence, once we get the mechanics of labeling out of the way, I return to the point about this all being hopeless...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Subjective/Objective Perspective
    Those are good!
    (But people won't know what they mean either.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I dig it!

I think of it as:
    F: need for harmony
    T: need for consistency

MBTI
    OMNi

I don't think you can find words that don't have a certain degree of connotation to them.

I certainly wouldn't want people to say I'm subjective when I put so much effort into being objective in my reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I think you are going down the wrong road there. Thinking and Feeling are indicative of the natural Systematizing and Empathizing parts of the brain. That has nothing to do with "Objectivity" or "Subjectivity". It has to deal with how information is processed in the brain. An example would be a thinking type would process information as words and numbers whereas a feeling type would process information as images and symbols. Everyone has both of those capacities unless they have some sort of disorder (Ex. autistics lack the empathizing capacities), but it really comes down to preference when typing. The difference that people tend to associate with using these different faculties is social interaction where Thinkers tend to value the process (routines, rules, procedures, etc.) behind discussion and Feelers tend to value the experience (connections, bonds, emotions, etc.) of discussion.
    The Feeling trait now makes a lot more sense to me. Thanks for that info.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I don't think you can find words that don't have a certain degree of connotation to them.

I certainly wouldn't want people to say I'm subjective when I put so much effort into being objective in my reasoning.
    I guess you're and "F"?... it doesn't mean you aren't objective at all but that you consider people, what's good for them/harmony among people, etc as a major part of the situation in your objectivity... very different from "T" that doesn't consider those primarily in initial approach to it.

Example: Someone must be fired. You're going to think of the person and, perhaps, the person's family and, possibly, the effect on other employees. "T" may only look at the employee's production and the effect on the bottom line for the company. That's a lame example but time constraints.