User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

it's...a weakness of mine. It's pretty bad. If some CEO is speeding by in a black 2011 BMW convertible with a Harvard alumni bumper sticker, it kills me. And I obsess about how to get that or better.

I can't see an ENTJ having this problem though. I might be a feeler. However, it gives me the motivation to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    You will not get an answer here worth considering that is based on anecdotal evidence. We could survey/poll people on this board about how often they feel envy or greed, but that's still not very reliable. That and this sort of thing is a separate thing from mbti entirely, as was mentioned above
    How do you expect there to be objective data for a subjective self-analysis using subjective measures? It's impossible for answers to be anything BUT anecdotal, so if many people reply, it's as good as it's gonna get.

Just because you can't attach a specific correlation coefficient to MBTI, doesn't mean a correlation is absent.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

When seeing someone with more anything than I have, it doesn't bother me. If they enjoy it, good on them.

If it's something I want bad enough, I'll find a way to get it. If it's a someone, can't recall ever wanting anyone bad enough to go the extra distance if they don't initiate and reciprocate.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    When seeing someone with more anything than I have, it doesn't bother me. If they enjoy it, good on them.

If it's something I want bad enough, I'll find a way to get it. If it's a someone, can't recall ever wanting anyone bad enough to go the extra distance if they don't initiate and reciprocate.
    What if someone envies a CEO, but they never will be, because they're not intelligent enough? Say, their IQ is only 120, and to have that power it'd have to be 150?

(I don't know my IQ, but just saying in general.)

Then what?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    What if someone envies a CEO, but they never will be, because they're not intelligent enough? Say, their IQ is only 120, and to have that power it'd have to be 150?

(I don't know my IQ, but just saying in general.)

Then what?
    Can't answer that one since there are things I can't do and accept this. It's not within my skill-set to be a serious mathematician but I admire someone who can be one. Same goes for being an entertainer. No envy or jealousy on my part.

As far as being a CEO, I don't have the desire to be one for a large corporation. Way too much politicking. You may believe you rule the roost but you also have to answer to the Board, as well as your shareholders. You even have to answer somewhat to your executive staff. Been in the top echelons, although not the CEO. Hated the restrictiveness of it, hated the eternal tap dance, hated the sheer waste of time and after the adrenaline rush of the restructuring challenge, hated the eternal boredom of all the other things I hated. So...I went self-employed and much prefer this, by a light-year. Way more freedom where if revenue drops, it's solely my fault. And if revenue increases, it's all "my" gravy.

Be careful what you wish for and I mean that seriously.