User Tag List

First 678910 Last

By the way, I tend to group by judging function (FJ/TP, TJ/FP) & perceiving function (NJ/SP, NP/SJ).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post

By the way, I tend to group by judging function (FJ/TP, TJ/FP) & perceiving function (NJ/SP, NP/SJ).
    You're avatar SCREAMS SFJ LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    You're avatar SCREAMS SFJ LOL
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Also, word count.
    no comprende

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    With this response you're supporting my case more than your own.
    care to explain?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

care to explain?
    Use your mighty intuition.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This conversation is not productive at all, now on either side it's just a bunch of snide comments.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If you locate your type on the diagram, you will find your primary and aux functions indicated within the diagram.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm, but why is the INTPs aux Ne and tert Si (which is not even in the same order placement as the ENFPs dom Ne and inferior Si) more important in terms of similarity than the ESFPs aux Fi and tert Te (which are exactly the same as the ENFPs aux Fi and tert Te?) I'd say that the ESFP is more similar to the ENFP in terms of thinking style AND outward behavior than the INTP is to either. And if we cut out similarities in outward appearance altogether, what's to stop us from making the ridiculous claim that ENFPs are really more similar to ISTJs (since they share ALL of their functions)...literally their opposite type...than they are to ESFPs?
    lol, fair point. i just mean that if i were to be asked who i feel more similar to, i would probably say INTP over ESFP.

And anyway, this is all kind of irrelevant because similarities in "thinking style" can't be measured by how much any individual feels he/she relates to individuals of other types.

Then why not the groupings suggested by the OP? TP/TJ/FP/FJ? Even those are better than the NJ, NP, SJ, SP.
    yeah, it just gets to the same thing again - i feel much closer to ENTP than ESFP. i really do think for me it's a matter of being P dom. for a Judging dominant, i imagine the TP/TJ/TP/FJ categories would make more sense (and i would agree that those are perhaps the easiest to distinguish outwardly), but when i compare myself with others, i'd probably group ENFP-ENTP-INFP-INTP. i relate most with the NPs because they share my strongest function. and it's pretty easy for me to tell when someone is one of those types, even though in a lot of ways i'm not much like INTPs. but they seem to have a similar "feel" to me regardless. that similar drifty lost-in-your-head thing. whereas NJs feel more removed but initiating; SPs more engaged but reactive; SJs engaged and initiating.

i'm cool with whatever system people want to use. for my own personal purposes, grouping Perceivers makes the most sense because that is the "genre" of function i understand best. maybe an INTP would tend to group INTP-ENTP-ISTP-ESTP because they all share Ti. and an ESFJ, ESFJ-ISFJ-ENFJ-INFJ. not that it always works out that way, of course, people with very balanced functions might swing either way. and people who really relate to the IP-IJ-EP-EJ combinations might choose those instead. i guess for whatever reason i'm personally just more nerdy a la INTP than really extraverted and present-engaged.

i guess my point is i feel like none of the combinations are really superior to use across the board... just depends on what you want to group them for.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Edit: N/A
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    I'll read that. Sorry about posting without reading Jung himself. I guess what I have read on the functions is quite different.

That's silly, in general. Yet, shortnsweet was referring to this context, in which I don't think it's silly.
    Yes, you knew exactly what I meant. I just said "doing things for your own personal purposes" rather than "thinking things for your own personal purposes." Thank you for clarifying.

Opinions are opinions. You can't argue with people's opinions, nor can you assert your own to be gospel fact. The OP asked us to say how we sort temperaments for our own purposes. If you want to argue about what people think for their own purposes, by all means. It's useless.

We may as well just argue about our favorite colors and be hateful and catty about it while we're at it. There's people who may have wanted to talk in this thread. Not anymore, because you can't say an opinion anymore without wondering if your opinion is not factual and correct. If you would like to state facts from books about MBTI, (and also insult people who don't agree with you or haven't read the same obscure book) go start a "facts from books, and insults too!" thread. People should be safe to talk about their opinions in an opinion thread.

Or, HERE'S A THOUGHT. Start caring about people really learning more about your knowledge and opinions, and then maybe you can start a "Facts from Books, questions and exploration allowed!" Thread! There's a new concept for those of you who wish to thrive on new concepts.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.