User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 107

  1. #51
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    thats just the pages 330-407 from the book, the whole book is 617 pages
    Doesn't matter. I have a paper due in 7 hours.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    That part is good to read because you could actually just scroll down and read "Extroverted Sensing Type" and "Extroverted Intuitive Type" and compare the two. It just gives you an idea of the what the functions are, and also does some in the way of explaining how inferior Ni shows up in Se doms and how inferior Si shows up in Ne doms, etc.

  3. #53
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post


    but its obvious if you understand what Si, Se, Ni and Ne means and if you understand the meaning for words 'similar' and 'different'. Se and Si are different, Ni and Ne are similar. what more do you need lol? if you need definitions for Si, Se, Ni and Ne, try google.


    Um, it's not obvious at all. The only thing that's obvious is that there are four perceiving functions that are different enough from one another to be labeled as different functions. I don't know where you're getting the idea that the degrees of similarity between Se/Si and Ne/Ni are different, nor how you have come to determine this degree of difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    It wouldn't even go to court in the first place. No matter how I decide to group the temperaments, it's not going to affect you. Even if I'm 'wrong' and you're 'right'. Even if my system makes no sense. You will not die or be injured by my 'crime'.
    I wasn't referring to you, nor was I saying that it's a crime to have a different opinion about temperament organization. I was simply pointing out that it's a bit silly to say that there's no "right or wrong way to do anything for one's personal purposes."

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    how about for example ENTP with good Si and Ti(low E), that sort of ENTP is more similar to ESFP than INTP with high Ne and Fe(low I)?

    in conclusion this pairing works only if you look as extremes -> it fails
    Or how about an ESFP with really high Fe and Ni? Surely they're more similar to an ENFJ than they are to an ENFP? Or an INTJ with such high Fi and Ne that they look INFP? Or an ISFP with high Ni and Te that comes off as an INTJ? If you're allowing functions to be flexible in order (or "strength") then there's no point to having temperament categories in the first place because any type can look like any other type. If I met an ENFP with such good Si and Te that they came off more as an INTP than an ESFP, then I'm going to revise how I typed them because they're probably not ENFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you say Se and Ne are quite similar, still you cant understand what i see as obvious. like so obvious that if i didnt understand about MBTI that you Se users cant understand me(as Ne user), i would see you as like really fucking retarded, like what you would think about 20 year old who cant count 1+2, even if he has been studying math for several years already.

    and icase you dont see my point there, im not calling you Se users stupid, because i do know about MBTI and understand that Ne and Se communicate differently. and im just trying to prove to you that Ne and Se are actually pretty different, even tho they are both oriented extraverted.

    you know Ne is about seeing behind the scenes, patterns and all that, Se is just seeing what is. i think thats a HUGE difference, so huge that its pretty damn obvious that there is a distinction between N and S on sorting temperaments
    I don't think anyone ever said that Se and Ne weren't different. You said that Se and Si were MORE DIFFERENT from each other than Ne and Ni. Disagreeing with that claim does not mean that one disregards the differences between Se and Ne (or any other pair of functions.)

    And if anyone is misunderstanding you, it's not because you're an Ne user but because you made a claim, failed to properly back it up, and then proceeded to suggest that if anyone disagreed with you, they simply did not know enough about MBTI.
    Last edited by Kasper; 04-09-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Personal insult removed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #54
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That part is good to read because you could actually just scroll down and read "Extroverted Sensing Type" and "Extroverted Intuitive Type" and compare the two. It just gives you an idea of the what the functions are, and also does some in the way of explaining how inferior Ni shows up in Se doms and how inferior Si shows up in Ne doms, etc.
    i suggest the sections of the actual functions more than types.

    one thing that is pretty confusing(if you just look at it fast) on that book is that both Se and Si(for example) are talked as sensation, but introverted sensation is under the introverted type and extraverted sensation under extraverted type. same goes with all function descriptions. i think it might be that he is comparing Se and Si but under both sensation topics.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #55
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    someone remind me to run fast if i ever see any Se users in the real world
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #56
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That part is good to read because you could actually just scroll down and read "Extroverted Sensing Type" and "Extroverted Intuitive Type" and compare the two. It just gives you an idea of the what the functions are, and also does some in the way of explaining how inferior Ni shows up in Se doms and how inferior Si shows up in Ne doms, etc.
    I'll read that. Sorry about posting without reading Jung himself. I guess what I have read on the functions is quite different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I wasn't referring to you, nor was I saying that it's a crime to have a different opinion about temperament organization. I was simply pointing out that it's a bit silly to say that there's no "right or wrong way to do anything for one's personal purposes."
    That's silly, in general. Yet, shortnsweet was referring to this context, in which I don't think it's silly.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  7. #57
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    I guess what I have read on the functions is quite different.
    not different, its just that some short MBTI descriptions just scratch the surface, especially if you just Se on them and not actually think whats the deal behind them
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #58
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    someone remind me to run fast if i ever see any Se users in the real world
    Nah, just don't open your mouth and you'll be fine.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #59
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Nah, just don't open your mouth and you'll be fine.
    i rather just run, so i dont need to waste money on one of these:

    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #60
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i rather just run, so i dont need to waste money on one of these:

    Whoa killer, I hope that's not an example of Ne humor.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. How do you know the type of your friends/family members?
    By gromit in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM
  2. How well do you match the stereotype of your type?
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. How do you assess the strength of your Tert and Inf functions?
    By IZthe411 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO