User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 107

  1. #41
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    big picture vs details, thats the biggest difference between P functions. Ni and Ne both see patterns, look at big picture, combine things(Ne what is perceived and Ni what is judged) etc etc. Si sees the impression of whats happening, Se sees details in objective manner, Se sees objective details, Si sees details on subjective impressions.,Si creates personal impression based on what is judged(that way creating the subjective impression, with Si dom the judgment comes from unconscious most the time, making more room for the actual impression on conscious), Se just taking in what is perceived.
    And how does that relate to your point?
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  2. #42
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    And how does that relate to your point?
    is you read it, you might notice that Ni and Ne are quite similar and Si and Se are quite different..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #43
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    is you read it, you might notice that Ni and Ne are quite similar and Si and Se are quite different..
    Ok then.

    This has been enlightening.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  4. #44
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Ok then.

    This has been enlightening.
    you say Se and Ne are quite similar, still you cant understand what i see as obvious. like so obvious that if i didnt understand about MBTI that you Se users cant understand me(as Ne user), i would see you as like really fucking retarded, like what you would think about 20 year old who cant count 1+2, even if he has been studying math for several years already.

    and icase you dont see my point there, im not calling you Se users stupid, because i do know about MBTI and understand that Ne and Se communicate differently. and im just trying to prove to you that Ne and Se are actually pretty different, even tho they are both oriented extraverted.

    you know Ne is about seeing behind the scenes, patterns and all that, Se is just seeing what is. i think thats a HUGE difference, so huge that its pretty damn obvious that there is a distinction between N and S on sorting temperaments
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #45
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    So you're saying because there is a current N/S distinction on sorting temperaments, there should be an N/S distinction on sorting temperaments? Since when does "what is" determine "what could be"?

    And also, you are not 'proving' anything, you are just repeating yourself without further explanation. But I've given up now, so you say what you want.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Yeah there are some similarities between Se and Ne, just in the sense of breadth and wanting new experiences, but they are VERY different functions...to the point that I've actually thought some Se users were "stupid" in the past, or that their humor was crass, etc...I was actually more likely to respect SJs than SPs in the past,I think, before I studied MBTI, because while some of them could seem rigid in their thinking (especially when very young, like adolescent SJs vs. adolescent NPs omgz talk about misunderstanding) I at least respected the fact that they were detail oriented and got things done, etc. would admire it.

    I have enormous respect for SPs now, though, because people with Se can do things that I would never ever be good at.

    Anyone who thinks Se and Ne are all that similar should read Jung. I see a HUGE difference between myself and my ESFP mother, though we share a common bond through the aux Fi and tert Te, and also share a need to explore our respective worlds.

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

  7. #47
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Also, what is the name for a 16-sided figure? We need a 3D transparent MBTI soccer ball to see all possibilities with interior linear connections.

    /nerd
    If it's 3D, it would be a hexadecahedron. Make it 4D (which works well with the four dimensional MBTI system), then it's a hexadecachoron.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  8. #48
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    So you're saying because there is a current N/S distinction on sorting temperaments, there should be an N/S distinction on sorting temperaments? Since when does "what is" determine "what could be"?

    And also, you are not 'proving' anything, you are just repeating yourself without further explanation. But I've given up now, so you say what you want.
    learn about mbti, there is no point of talking about this with someone with clearly no real understanding about the subject
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #49
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    learn about mbti, there is no point of talking about this with someone with clearly no real understanding about the subject
    So there is no N/S axis in MBTI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah there are some similarities between Se and Ne, just in the sense of breadth and wanting new experiences, but they are VERY different functions...to the point that I've actually thought some Se users were "stupid" in the past, or that their humor was crass, etc...I was actually more likely to respect SJs in the past I think, before I studied MBTI than SPs, because while some of them could seem rigid in their thinking (especially when very young, like adolescent SJs vs. adolescent NPs omgz talk about misunderstanding) I at least respected the fact that they were detail oriented and got things done, etc. would admire it.

    I have enormous respect for SPs now, though, because people with Se can do things that I would never ever be good at.

    Anyone who thinks Se and Ne are all that similar should read Jung. I see a HUGE difference between myself and my ESFP mother, though we share a common bond through the aux Fi and tert Te, and also share a need to explore our respective worlds.

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    Ok. I haven't read Jung, I've only read the function attitudes, so I suppose that is where my idea of their similarity is coming from. I will read that link. Eventually. (Just not right now, it's a whole book lol)
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  10. #50
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Just not right now, it's a whole book lol
    thats just the pages 330-407 from the book, the whole book is 617 pages
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. How do you know the type of your friends/family members?
    By gromit in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM
  2. How well do you match the stereotype of your type?
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. How do you assess the strength of your Tert and Inf functions?
    By IZthe411 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO