User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I smile in pictures, because people kept complaining that I looked annoyed/unhappy. (Quite likely. Cameras pointing at me do not elicit happy feelings.) So, I make myself smile. It's not always entirely fake...I've learned to go very far away in my head and laugh at something there so that I just happen to be grinning at the camera when the picture is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Latest age estimates are mid-to-late 30s, and people tend to be very shocked that I'm as young as I am.
    shave the beard!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyfour View Post
    I've noticed a lot of INT*s don't smile in pictures. What's your type and do you smile or not smile and why?

I'm an INTP and I never smiled until I had my son. Since he was born at such a contentious time in my life I never wanted him to look back at pictures and think I was unhappy he was born. The habit stuck.
    That's really touching

I suppose I don't smile for most pictures because a picture is supposed to represent who I am and in general I just don't go around smiling all the time, and I'm pretty sure most people don't. So if someone wants a smiley picture then asking me to look how I am feeling that the moment or be in the moment is probably the best way to get a smile (assuming my feelings would entail a smile), because pictures can represents many things in a persons life of course : ) I probably act a bit different in group photos then--of course. I'm not too sure, to be honest I haven't given all this a lot of thought before since I'm rarely in pictures anyways--so there are probably deeper reasons, and I am aware of some whilst typing this but if I talked about them it would probably derail the thread too far :p

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    shave the beard!
    I would if any female that I might be interested in tells me to, but unless that happens (the likelihood of this is very close to zero) it is easier (and less painful) to avoid shaving my entire face.

MBTI
    TiSe

I never smile in pictures. In fact, I don't consider myself photogenic, so shy from cameras.

MBTI
    ESFJ

It's hard to catch me NOT smiling.. so yeah, I smile for pictures!

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I smile in photos.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

When I was small I didn't know how to smile properly, unless I heard something funny enough to make me laugh. I never smiled in pictures unless I was forced to, and even then I looked funny. I was the ultimate introvert back then.

Now, I almost always smile when I get my picture taken with friends. They're reason enough for me to smile. If I can't manage a smile for whatever reason, I pull some sort of comical face. It's sort of weird smiling alone in a picture though, unless a good friend is taking the picture.

I never volunteer to take the picture. I'm not J enough for that stuff. I'd rather just laze around with my head in my ass until some J kid whips out their new Nikon. pshh *shuns*
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Im an ENFJ and unless someone catches a candid shot of me I don't even like being in pictures. I don't like forced smiles and when someone is taking a picture of me I feel forced to smile. Hate it. I'm always the one volunteering to take the picture. I'm much more comfortable behind the lens than in front of it. I'm generally hiding in the pictures I am in.

I think btw that it's really kind of you to think ahead in terms of your son looking back at pictures of you at this time. It's hard to smile when you're not feeling it from the inside but for you to consider how he might feel or what he might think about your facial expressions...that's really fantastic. I hope perhaps just your son's being here will turn this time in your life towards the positive.
    That's me too. My Dad was an avid (rabid?) photographer and was always snapping pictures. But never candid shots, always posed. He would even pose the candid shots for pete's sake. lol

I felt hunted.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ

I did not smile in pictures as a child for a while and my stepdad would get pissed. He would insist that I smile.

I do smile now but I usually don't show my teeth and sometimes I still don't like to smile. It just depends on how I am feeling and the context of the photo.
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )