User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Outside of the legitimately questionable limitations and validity of the theory, ITT these are actually really good observations.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i was only ever confused by e/i
    Ditto. And this is why I don't think the theory will always work. Take the distinguishing INFP/ENFP battle. SHares all the functions.. and sometimes Ne/Fi dom can be difficult to decide. Sure, I've heard that typically your dom function is much higher.. but not always. Especially for those closer to the border. I now take the stance that only a certified mbti tester should help people distinguish, because there are too many variables for people to fudge up in their own analysis, which is always subjective.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP

I gave some consideration to Ti, but I was mostly sure I was an F type in the beginning. It just took some more looking into Fi, Fe, and Ti to secure which I felt I was. S and N was a little harder, but again some more information on Se and Ne cleared it up.

With E/I it always struck me that if there was a question the person was likely EN or IS. IN and ES types tend to be pretty sure of which they are. I also blame this on poor descriptions that equate E with sociability and I with shyness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think your theory probably isn't valid, but could work in some instances. This is because of function theory. The simple S/N and T/F is not enough to determine type. "Being sure you're an N" doesn't mean you actually are...BlackCat, for instance, was INFP for a significant amount of time, until he began to really grasp function theory, and realized he was an ISFP instead...he has Se/Ni, not Ne/Si.
    Perhaps there is something to this, once function theory is brought into it. It was when I started looking more into pairs of functions, and saw that I was obviously Ne/Si over Ni/Se, and slightly Ti/Fe over Te/Fi, that I realized that it was really the I/E that is questionable, even though most of the previous consensus was that I am in INFP denial. This works even though I was sure at that time that I was Ti>Fi, because something still seemed "off" enough to look into...

I am an Ne dom. It actually can be very difficult for someone to "see" their dominant function because it is literally the lens through which you see the world.
    And despite this understanding now, this is why I am still not making a decision one way or the other. I ask myself the question of which function is dominant, and my answer is "how in the world am I supposed to be able to see my own lens?" The function tests will usually say Ti, but it is by such small margins that they could simply be wrong.

Anyway, still could be a promising start for the theory....
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

It actually can be very difficult for someone to "see" their dominant function because it is literally the lens through which you see the world.

That is why your theory could possibly fail in some instances.
    i second this. i thought i was INFP until i discovered function theory, and was like, holy shit Ne is my life.

i think it's often hard for Pe types because extraverted Perceiving really is just like a tinted contact lens. you don't even realize you're looking through it until someone points out, oh hey, that's not how everyone sees. and with Pe dom, sometimes because J feels so strong, it's hard to tell which is your dominant. but for me, Ne is always on. always. whereas Fi is also constant, but it ebbs and flows.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Ditto. And this is why I don't think the theory will always work. Take the distinguishing INFP/ENFP battle. SHares all the functions.. and sometimes Ne/Fi dom can be difficult to decide. Sure, I've heard that typically your dom function is much higher.. but not always. Especially for those closer to the border. I now take the stance that only a certified mbti tester should help people distinguish, because there are too many variables for people to fudge up in their own analysis, which is always subjective.
    The entire system of MBTI/other personality typing seems subjective to me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Theory is true for me. I guess I'm more of a T, though, as a plain old dichotomy. But when you put the whole big picture together I'm an ESFP.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm the most sure of being an I. I'm pretty sure of being an N too, although I can relate somewhat to the ISxJ descriptions. I'm the least sure of the last two letters.

So based on that you would think INxJ is most likely my type but it doesn't play out that way. INTP fits best functionwise and descriptionwise.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

How do you explain me, who's a Ni>Fe in MBTI but a Fi>Ne in socionics? ._______.

MBTI
    INFP

They're different systems with different definitions for the functions.