User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i was only ever confused by e/i
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    See, you're confusing with me. At first I thought you agreed with me... but if you say you've always been positive you are a feeler, yet you are an ENFP, it doesn't fit in with the theory. If you're using the theory in the OP, you should really be deciding between INFP and ENFJ. Meh...

    *edit* Although your test results seem to be more in line with the theory. If you are, in fact, Ne-dominant, then your T/F dichotomy can be fuzzy at times.
    Yes perhaps my test results are more in line with your theory, and I am just internally more aware of my Feeler tendencies.

    There's no way I could possibly be ENFJ...I knew from almost the very beginning that the thought of me being an Fe dom was LOLLERCOASTER.

  3. #13
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    The simple S/N and T/F is not enough to determine type.
    Oh no, not at all... but I think you can use it to eliminate certain possibilities. For example, I have always been positive of my S, but unsure of T vs. F. Therefore, I cannot be ISFP or ISTP, which I have thought I may have been at one point.

    It actually can be very difficult for someone to "see" their dominant function because it is literally the lens through which you see the world.
    Ahah! This is the kind of opposition I was hoping to see. It's great to have another opinion on the matter and I can definitely see how this could be true.

    *edit* Not a fan of Fe, huh? Then I'd be more inclined to think you were an INFP than an ENFP. But I don't actually know you. You know you.

  4. #14
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    might be like that in some cases, but not in all. i dont think its like that most the times.

    what matters most is that if the person has good understanding about self and MBTI. some people might know some parts of self more than others, so that Ne dom might be sure about T or F, but not about Ne vs Se because he doesent have full understanding of MBTI or whether he perceives details and then moves to big picture or or big picture first, then details.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Oh no, not at all... but I think you can use it to eliminate certain possibilities. For example, I have always been positive of my S, but unsure of T vs. F. Therefore, I cannot be ISFP or ISTP, which I have thought I may have been at one point.



    Ahah! This is the kind of opposition I was hoping to see. It's great to have another opinion on the matter and I can definitely see how this could be true.

    *edit* Not a fan of Fe, huh? Then I'd be more inclined to think you were an INFP than an ENFP. But I don't actually know you. You know you.
    Well, another thing too, is that I've noticed that quite a few ExTPs have questioned whether they were ESTP or ENTP (which is respectively Se dom and Ne dom) ...so that conflicts with your theory.

    You may just be very aware of having a Sensor preference. Other people (perhaps older people?) may be more balanced because of life experience and learning, leading to confusion that might need more clarification.

    However, I think many problems in self-typing come from not understanding Jung. Seriously.

    Now that I understand, I see how clearly I'm Ne/Fi/Te/Si...I only questioned it for so long because I wasn't grasping Jung, and was trying to mix it too much with MBTI (which I still like, to a degree, though it comes second to Jung) and Keirsey (which I think is the absolutely over-simplistic theory of fail for people who are too lazy to really try to grasp function theory, and would rather think in stereotypes, which is often what leads to people being jerks about judging Sensors and what-not).

  6. #16
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Makes sense in theory, but in practice I can think of a couple problems.

    One is what Marm said: a lot of confusion over typing results not from being "close" on the S-N or T-F scale, but from poor understanding over what S, N, T and F preferences actually mean. The last letter I felt certain of was T, even though it's my dominant function. This is because I fit some common F stereotypes, like being neurotic and introspective and often conflict-averse. But once I gained a more solid understanding of what feeling as a judging/evaluative function really is, it became clear that I don't really make much use of it at all. Now I actually think I'm closer on the S-N scale than I am on the T-F scale.

    Another is the different rates at which people develop their functions, due to environment or social pressure or whatever. Sometimes the inferior can be fairly strong in people.

  7. #17
    Member raminda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    No, not really. People on the internet can't possibly know the real you. Do you feel that you S/N divide is much greater than your T/F divide? Vice versa? Is it relatively the same?
    Uh. How do I compare? I think I've been forced to develope more traits that come naturally to feelers than traits that come naturally to sensors, due to me growing up around loads of NFs and also due to me being a girl, but I don't think that has any bearing on my actual type or the "divides". I think I'm as much an N as I am a T.

  8. #18
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raminda View Post
    Uh. How do I compare? I think I've been forced to develope more traits that come naturally to feelers than traits that come naturally to sensors, due to me growing up around loads of NFs and also due to me being a girl, but I don't think that has any bearing on my actual type or the "divides". I think I'm as much an N as I am a T.
    Well then the theory doesn't really apply to you.

    Thanks for all of your responses, btw.

  9. #19
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It actually can be very difficult for someone to "see" their dominant function because it is literally the lens through which you see the world.
    +1. I think this is very true. Ji especially is often totally invisible (or so I've heard). I can't see my dominant function (Fi, I'm ISFP) at all!

    I'm sure of: Ji (probably Fi) Pe in some order. Perhaps I don't really get function theory. Or I am just balanced, probably not.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    And lest I sound too judgemental about other theories, I would like to point something out:

    In Keirsey, I could potentially be SOME SORT OF NF....INFP, INFJ, or ENFP, depending on who you ask, what time of day it is, what mood I'm in, and how inclined the person is to think in stereotypes (i.e. any feeler with strong opinions must be FJ!!!)

    In MBTI, I could be INFP or ENFP, because on MBTI tests I consistently score so close to the middle on extroversion and introversion.

    It is only through Jung that ALL OF THESE TEST RESULTS MAKE SENSE (including the weird ones like ENTP and INTJ) ...it is only there that I understand that I am Ne/Fi/Te/Si.

    It is only then that I recognize that I could be testing borderline E/I on MBTI because of the nature of Ne dominance, and that I could be scoring T or J because of my usage of tertiary Te.

    Otherwise, if people don't understand Jung (or themselves) they'll just be like: wow I have five different test results. What the fuck?

    No bueno.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] People who are smarter than you
    By animenagai in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
  2. [MBTItm] SFPs, how do you help people who are depressed?
    By KLessard in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
  3. [Se] I'm jealous of people who are good at extroverted sensing
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM
  4. [ENFP] Why am I nice to people who are not nice to me?
    By alcea rosea in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO