User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Sensors Growing up in an all Intuitive Enviroment

Ok so we've heard plenty from N's growing up in an S enviroment, but what about S's that grew up in an N enviroment? Do you think they had it just as tough? I'm going to say yes, for the fact that my brother, is an ESTP but both of my parents are Ns and he was the "problem" child. He got out of there as soon as he could, and always had a hard time communicating with my family to an extent, we always butt heads with him. On the other hand I'm the child, that my parents want home for the holidays, while they enjoy seeing him, he needs to be gone in days or else everything will be tense, me on the other hand can usually stay as long as I want and there's very little tension. He's not a bad a person, he's one of the smartest people I know but I think the fact that he's a Sensor and my mom, my dad, and I are all intuitives cause some communication problems.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes kotoshinohaisha liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Perhaps worse.
    I think N's handle S's much better than the S's handle N's, because S's language is usually concret, and, altough it is not as stimulant for us, it makes easy for us to understand their views and motivations. We may feel the S's don't understand us, and possibly feel wierd in comparison, but we'd still understand then, which may not be the S's case.

My house seems to have one person of each SJ variation, dad is ESTJ, mom is ISFJ, and I'm almost sure my 2 brothers are ESFJ and ISTJ. How cool is that?
    They are often boring, I can't question their actions, much less their mainstream views. Anyway, it is not too annoying once you accept they won't change.
    I wasn't a ''problem'' child, by the way, my grades were fine and my parents probably just viewed me as spacey. I' ve never been their favourite son tough.
    Last edited by Rasofy; 04-06-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding info

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

parents are INFP and ENTx. we aren't close.

I don't think S-N (or type at all) was a particularly important factor in our many differences, though. (and having a pissing contest with Ns as to who has life the worst would be a bit silly anyway)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    yupp

(I'm not trying to have a pissing contest, I posted this because I'm tired of N's bitching how hard life is because they grew up in an all S household, and assuming that S's who grew up in all N household had it easier)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

it wasn't aimed at you, just in general.
    -end of thread-

Anew Leaf

I guess I am the lucky one being that in my immediate family it was just me and my NF mom and NT dad .

I think that's part of why I am super N. ^_^

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    (I'm not trying to have a pissing contest, I posted this because I'm tired of N's bitching how hard life is because they grew up in an all S household, and assuming that S's who grew up in all N household had it easier)
    The fairer comparison is: Ss that grew up in a world that is about 20-25% S and 75-80% N. That world doesn't exist.

Edit: I'm only saying that because an S that had two N parents still has a majority S world outside.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    yupp

the world might be mostly s as a whole, but there's enough n's in the world that is possible to grow up in a mostly n enviroment.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Eh hem... post 2...

I grew up in a household with an interesting bunch. (All in different sections of the house, we weren't all mixed together.)

ESFJ mom
    ISTJ grandfather
    ESFP uncle
    INFP aunt
    ENFP grandmother..

I had more conflict with the 2 J's than I ever had with the 2 N's. It wasn't any major problem, but I think that any personality related conflict in my house had more to do with J/P than S/N.

This J conflict continued into people I lived with in my adult years. I'm a pretty extreme P at times, so I imagine that's where the issues came from. (Me, not them.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Enneagram

I have an INTP friend, with an INTP father, an INFJ mother and an INFP sister. People in my town generally dislike the family, and always say there's something odd about them. Anyway, the middle child (of course he's the middle child) is ESTP. His older Brother, my INTP friend, was valedictorian and is now doing research in theoretical physics, and the ESTP is always being unfavourably compared to his academic brother, because he is impulsive, lets his grades slide, not because he isn't smart, but because he spends more time playing sports, and dabbles in drugs and likes to party. This guy is a very normal male teenager, but is made to feel like a huge screw-up oddball.

I don't think it's easier to grow up in an N environment and being the only S, I think it's just less likely to happen than the other way around.