• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI in the News

T

ThatGirl

What would be better is if it ACTUALLY helped people see others in a different light.

The only thing I have seen useful about people using typology is that it labels bias and removes it from a situation... For instance "I am an introvert in this situation," is admitting to bias that stops people from seeing the actual problem.

Once the bias is recognized the situation itself becomes more evident and objective.

I have seen very little of MBTI actually help others to understand who other people really are...

Jaguar

they like to identify goals and move forward directly to achieve them

Everyone who lives in my neighborhood could be described that way.
MBTI: Groundbreaking. Mesmerizing. A true revelation for all our brothers and sisters around the world.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
What would be better is if it ACTUALLY helped people see others in a different light.

The only thing I have seen useful about people using typology is that it labels bias and removes it from a situation... For instance "I am an introvert in this situation," is admitting to bias that stops people from seeing the actual problem.

Once the bias is recognized the situation itself becomes more evident and objective.

I have seen very little of MBTI actually help others to understand who other people really are...

In fact, I'm trying to break away from all of this, and just focus on what I know about myself, independent of Jung, Myers, Briggs, Beebe, etc.

G

garbage

Consider what happens when an introvert comes home hoping to chill after a rough day at work—only to find his extrovert partner waiting to recap every moment of her day. The introvert gets angry; the extrovert feels hurt. Ms. Mackler tells the extrovert that her spouse needs time alone; she tells the introvert that he needs to make an effort to come out and talk after he has decompressed.
"People realize they are different from other people," he says. "The personality test becomes a road map."

I don't see anything wrong with this. If an idea helps further an understanding that people do in fact handle situations differently, it will help with relating to other people.

Those "Testing Your Relationships" questions on the side, though.. man.. :doh:

Also, one of the comments nailed it:
Go ahead and use it as a simple introduction to personality - as a primer to start thinking about the differences between people. But don't take what it tells you to heart.