Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Awesome dude. Keep keepin' it real, yo.

ThatGirl

What would be better is if it ACTUALLY helped people see others in a different light.

The only thing I have seen useful about people using typology is that it labels bias and removes it from a situation... For instance "I am an introvert in this situation," is admitting to bias that stops people from seeing the actual problem.

Once the bias is recognized the situation itself becomes more evident and objective.

I have seen very little of MBTI actually help others to understand who other people really are...

they like to identify goals and move forward directly to achieve them
    Everyone who lives in my neighborhood could be described that way.
    MBTI: Groundbreaking. Mesmerizing. A true revelation for all our brothers and sisters around the world.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What would be better is if it ACTUALLY helped people see others in a different light.

The only thing I have seen useful about people using typology is that it labels bias and removes it from a situation... For instance "I am an introvert in this situation," is admitting to bias that stops people from seeing the actual problem.

Once the bias is recognized the situation itself becomes more evident and objective.

I have seen very little of MBTI actually help others to understand who other people really are...
    In fact, I'm trying to break away from all of this, and just focus on what I know about myself, independent of Jung, Myers, Briggs, Beebe, etc.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

garbage

Consider what happens when an introvert comes home hoping to chill after a rough day at work—only to find his extrovert partner waiting to recap every moment of her day. The introvert gets angry; the extrovert feels hurt. Ms. Mackler tells the extrovert that her spouse needs time alone; she tells the introvert that he needs to make an effort to come out and talk after he has decompressed.
    "People realize they are different from other people," he says. "The personality test becomes a road map."
    I don't see anything wrong with this. If an idea helps further an understanding that people do in fact handle situations differently, it will help with relating to other people.

Those "Testing Your Relationships" questions on the side, though.. man..

Also, one of the comments nailed it:
    Go ahead and use it as a simple introduction to personality - as a primer to start thinking about the differences between people. But don't take what it tells you to heart.