User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Talking What cognitive function makes you happiest and why?

Also, post your type.

I'm wondering if it will generally be the same as everyone's dominant function or not.

Mine:
    Se. I'm at my happiest when I can just get lost in the moment and be happy where I am right here and now. Unfortunately, I don't do this very often.

Type:
    Well, I'm some type of sensor, that's for sure. If you want to talk tests, I tend to score ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, and ISFP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ne, for sure. I am happiest when I can be spontaneous or procrastinate and just go with the flow and follow my ideas, or explore my world, or live in imaginary land (either of my own making, or by watching movies or reading fiction). I also love to analyze topics of my own choosing (less so for structured things like school or work assignments, though, because deadlines and structure smack of Te/Si) and play with theories about things I'm genuinely interested in.

I also like to tell stories, which apparently is a form of Ne mixing fantasy with the reality of the present moment or something.

Speaking of procrastination and work assignments, I really better stop posting...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Yeah, Ne for me as well. Se sounds nice, but... it's pretty much nonexistent for me...

Excluding my shadow functions,

Ne- makes me feel happy, comfortable, enthusiastic.

Fi- too much bogs me down, but if I settle something through Fi I usually feel like I've accomplished or made progress. Because I don't use it as often, developing my Fi feels productive. :workout:

Te- Annoying and ill-developed. Only shows up when I'm royally pissed off... :steam:

Si- Oh, I suck at using Si. Honestly, I have no idea what to do with it. It's the platypus of my cognitive functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, Fi is still a strength for me, I would say, but being in Fi mode makes me feel vulnerable and sometimes embarrassed, and I might experience very bad feelings, or get locked inside myself...not that that's always the case. Sometimes I love to just feel the intensity of my feelings, especially in relation to aesthetics or good memories (inferior Si) ...but it's like a soft spot for me, it's something that can either go very well, or not well at all. Feeling visceral emotional pain in reaction to this or that, or someone else's suffering is not a gift I would trade or get rid of, but it's also not the easiest place for me to be.

Te takes more energy from me I think than I'd like to admit. I began realizing that one of the things that was making me unhappy was trying to cover my Fi up too much with Te, or press Te in some competitive manner. Te is the relief function of ExFPs, which is why I think some ENFPs like to argue or debate, and concern themselves so much with Te-ish things even in their spare time, but the truth is I don't like the way it can drain me or cause other people to be upset. ENFPs who over-rely on Te will find problems in relations with others, which will in turn bother their Fi, leading to misery if the tertiary temptation is too strong. It's important to remember while it's one of my functions, I am not as dextrous with it as I would perhaps like to be at times.

Si is great for nostalgia and aesthetics, but serves no useful purpose, especially when I remember how much I can get bored and frustrated with detail.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

That depends on what you mean by happy. For certain instant gratification, fun and games-happy, Ne is definitely the place to go. Ne-ing off with another N is one of the most entertaining things I can think of. Ti, however, can give me happiness with a sense of purpose and meaning, a sense of doing what I was made to do and doing it well. And for my overall hapiness with my situation in life and who I am, I think I have Si to thank most.

EDIT: Oh, post my type too, you say. INTP, I'm fairly sure, NTP at the least.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

+1

Ne is definitely my favorite play thing. Ti insight gives deeper gratification and Si provides cozy nostalgia. Fe allows me to get out of my shell and warm myself in the company of others once in a while.

Judging by the fun my ISFP sister has, having some decent Se would probably be cool too.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

ESFP. This is going to sound strange, but I think Te makes me the happiest. Se it's just kind of taken for granted. Always staying in the moment gets you kind of... lost I guess. Te is what brings me through changes and better positions in life. Fi. I'm still not sure what that does. Ni... I'm not really sure what that does for me either. Offers Te a little assistance, I guess.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

whenever my mind starts to race outwards and grow planet after planet in a solar system, each planet exploding with life and new cultures form.
    That combination of functions.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Se, although mine is not particularly "strong".
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Se, although mine is not particularly "strong".
    Same.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness