User Tag List

First 12345 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    My least favorite is Ni. That one really plays the archetypical nemesis role. This is a good thing, of course, because Ni warns me not to take up too much of those crazy Ne projects, which really helps to finish some of them. But it doesn't make me "happy".
    Are you talking about Ni usage as in 'shadow function'? If not, then I'm confused. Doesn't Si anchor Ne?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Ne is my most optimistic, happy-go-lucky one, but sometimes a source of frustration too. I want to finish my current novel project, not start a new one... But then there's Ti discarding the nonsensical ideas and providing Ne the challenge to come up with very specific ones. I'm super happy if things fit together.
    I echo those sentiments.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My leading one, in conjunction with my aux one, I find it odd that others would feel differently and say something other than their primary function.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Ne of course is heaps of fun. Se must be the 2nd. When you're really really tired, you just want to listen to some music and live in the moment.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Any function can make me happy or not depending on how its used. I guess I'd rank them as follows, with happiest first.

Ne: If I had to pick one function that makes me the most happy overall, this would be it. Ne allows me to make interesting connections between things and thinks of new possibilities. Much of my sense of humor and childlike enthusiasm stems from this function.

Se: I don't really use it that much and its one of my weakest functions but when I allow myself to fully live in the moment and completely immerse myself in my senses, I think to myself, "why don't I do this more often?" I think I feel kind of guilty about just indulging in Se. I usually let other functions override it. I should think more logically. I should think more about the future, etc.

Ti: I really enjoy playing with logical systems in my head and analyzing how it all fits into a whole. I love finding out the why behind things. I guess I rank Ne as making me happier because I think as a Ti dominant, I tend to just take it for granted.

Si: I enjoy this function for the nostalgic effect and reminscing about the past. I enjoy the sensory impressions it sometimes creates. On the downside, my Si can recapture unpleasant past memories and sensations I'd rather just forget.

Te: On the plus side, I feel really good when I've effectively utilized Te to accomplish tasks efficiently and effectively. On the downside, Te seems awfully dry to me at times. It's too mechanical, too procedural.

Ni: I enjoy Ni for the insights it creates and the ability to see multiple perspectives on the same thing. On the other hand, my Ni has a dark side to it, imagining worst case scenarios and I think the source of some of my existential angst comes from here.

Fe: This is a troublesome function for me that causes me undue anxiety at times, especially in the social arena. When in the grip of Fe, I get powerful emotions that are hard to control and hypersensitive about others' feelings towards me. I guess it makes me happy in the sense of having good harmonious relations with others.

Fi: This is probably my most troublesome function aside from Fe and I wouldn't exactly consider it my happy place (is this a common attitude to have towards one's demonic function? For INTPs that is Fi) When I'm really down and depressed about something, that's when my Fi goes into overdrive. On the other hand Fi is good for realizing the times when I should have listened to my heart and to not ignore what I feel deep down. Sometimes Fi is confusing, when values conflict with each other or when doing the 'right thing' seems to conflict with what you personally value.
    Welcome to my whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Ne of course is heaps of fun. Se must be the 2nd. When you're really really tired, you just want to listen to some music and live in the moment.
    Someone made a thread once about S's turning N when they are tired, and N's turning S when they're tired. I always thought it was an interesting concept. For me when I'm tired I get rather spacey/ daydreamey...
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Welcome to my whole world.

Someone made a thread once about S's turning N when they are tired, and N's turning S when they're tired. I always thought it was an interesting concept. For me when I'm tired I get rather spacey/ daydreamey...
    interesting. it would explain why I turn into a mini ISTJ 5 minutes before bed.
    - do I have enough pillows?
    - is my alarm set correctly?
    - is my room locked?
    - is my phone off?
    - is there anything that could possibly disturb me?
    - that mess is bothering me, better take care of it before I go to sleep
    I can't sleep until everything is perfect. it's weird and it only happens right before bed
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

it's interesting that most of you non NPs say Ne is one of your favorite functions, but it most of the time I see Ne being used in real life, people tend to ridicule it subtly or make fun of it.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ne and Se make me feel tingly inside.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ti I suppose. Or maybe a combination of all my active cognitive functions. Ne is pretty awesome too.

Fe is a bit of a party pooper sometimes.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    My leading one, in conjunction with my aux one, I find it odd that others would feel differently and say something other than their primary function.
    I think perceiving functions are the most pure fun though, especially the extroverted ones - even if Ti can be satisfying it's not really on the same level.

It would get exhausting to have to Se/Ne too often, though.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

I love feeling that the world is a beautiful place, and I have recently come to a deep than mental understanding of it.

Is that Ni, Fi, Se?
    a cat is fine too