User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default What can SFP's do better than STP's and vice versa?

    Inspired from that other thread.

    STP's.

    Can stay calm in tight situations
    can put things together
    always looking for adventure/danger
    isn't too nosy about other people's business


    I'm new to this MBTI thing but yeaaah, lets hear pplz opinions.

  2. #2
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    I'll post a few comments on this thread until it spirals into a troll war, which is hopefully never

    SFPs
    - more laid back
    - better performers
    - slightly better with the opposite sex (although ESFPs, ESTPs and ENFPs are all usually wonderful with the opposite sex)
    - more empathetic
    - less competitive
    - better suited for more jobs (the ESTPs I've met all seem like the only things they could be are entrepreneurs, athletes, newscasters, salesmen or criminals. the flip side is that these are all pretty cool careers with the exception of the salesman)
    - less manipulative


    STP
    - better in stressful situations
    - more competitive (I've listed this as both an advantage because it can be either)
    - more enterprising and opportunistic (I use opportunistic in a complimentary way here)
    - better at getting their agenda accomplished
    - more motivated
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #3
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,130

    Default

    it depends on the person in question... what the fuck is with people and these threads lately?!?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'll post a few comments on this thread until it spirals into a troll war, which is hopefully never

    SFPs
    - more laid back
    - better performers
    - slightly better with the opposite sex (although ESFPs, ESTPs and ENFPs are all usually wonderful with the opposite sex)
    - more empathetic
    - less competitive
    - better suited for more jobs (the ESTPs I've met all seem like the only things they could be are entrepreneurs, athletes, newscasters, salesmen or criminals. the flip side is that these are all pretty cool careers with the exception of the salesman)
    - less manipulative


    STP
    - better in stressful situations
    - more competitive (I've listed this as both an advantage because it can be either)
    - more enterprising and opportunistic (I use opportunistic in a complimentary way here)
    - better at getting their agenda accomplished
    - more motivated
    Your post is like that Fortune Cookie game.

    No troll here, I like to keep everyone happy (also like the Fortune Cookie game).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    SFPs
    - more laid back
    More so applies to ISPs than ESPs

    - less competitive
    I'd consider this another trait more suited to ISPs

    - better suited for more jobs (the ESTPs I've met all seem like the only things they could be are entrepreneurs, athletes, newscasters, salesmen or criminals. the flip side is that these are all pretty cool careers with the exception of the salesman)
    I think the functional combination of the ISTP is very interesting, they have the analytical precision of Ti, the environmental awareness of Se, then they have Ni to probe for deeper meaning and putting everything into a more all-encompassing perspective. I sure see alot of possibilities with that.

    - less manipulative
    This could apply to ESTPs(with their Fe) but probably less to ISTPs, ESFPs can be very manipulative and cunning too, actually I see ISTP as the least manipulative out of the SPs


    STP
    - better in stressful situations
    Yeah STPs usually seem to have nerves of steal

    - more competitive (I've listed this as both an advantage because it can be either)
    ESTPs are usually very competitive, probably more suited to ESPs than ISPs

    - more enterprising and opportunistic (I use opportunistic in a complimentary way here)
    I think both groups of SPs can be opportunistic for different reasons

    - better at getting their agenda accomplished
    - more motivated
    I don't know if this has much to do with being STP or SFP
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  6. #6
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    More so applies to ISPs than ESPs



    I'd consider this another trait more suited to ISPs



    I think the functional combination of the ISTP is very interesting, they have the analytical precision of Ti, the environmental awareness of Se, then they have Ni to probe for deeper meaning and putting everything into a more all-encompassing perspective. I sure see alot of possibilities with that.



    This could apply to ESTPs(with their Fe) but probably less to ISTPs, ESFPs can be very manipulative and cunning too, actually I see ISTP as the least manipulative out of the SPs




    Yeah STPs usually seem to have nerves of steal



    ESTPs are usually very competitive, probably more suited to ESPs than ISPs


    I think both groups of SPs can be opportunistic for different reasons



    I don't know if this has much to do with being STP or SFP
    I agree with most of this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #7
    Senior Member knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    409

    Default

    one creates the foundation and the other brings creates home, comfort and turns an empty soulless husk into something sought after, desired. isfp`s fill in the empty parts of reality with color and warm moments, where it would be bland, sometimes creating an almost magical ambiance.
    Likes Noon liked this post

  8. #8
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    one creates the foundation and the other brings creates home, comfort and turns an empty soulless husk into something sought after, desired. isfp`s fill in the empty parts of reality with color and warm moments, where it would be bland, sometimes creating an almost magical ambiance.
    true. INFPs and ENFPs do the same thing in more N ways (ie, with stories, video games and other forms of art that require a more verbal/conceptual aspect)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    what the fuck is with people and these threads lately?!?
    Scurvy.

  10. #10
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    true. INFPs and ENFPs do the same thing in more N ways (ie, with stories, video games and other forms of art that require a more verbal/conceptual aspect)
    You really need to get a grip and stop spouting off stupidity in every other sentence.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-10-2017, 08:47 AM
  2. Turkey is holing the EU to ransom @ €3bn per year. What can the world do about it?
    By ilikeitlikethat in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-05-2017, 10:57 AM
  3. What can an SJ do that an NJ can't?
    By Perch420 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
  4. What can NFPs do that NTPs can't do better?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
  5. [NF] How do INFPs intuit things about people compared to INFJs and Vice Versa?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO