• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What can NFPs do that NTPs can't do better?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Congratulations, INTP, you win this month's 'reminding Economica why she should not waste her time posting on the forum' award! :cheese:

wow thanks :party:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will not chew this a**h*** out, I will not, I will not, I will not... :ng_mad::azdaja::nono::threaten::ranting::BangHead:

Okay, can I just address the claim about helping people and social change?
Here we go:
In society, each type and type family has a series of roles that they're naturally inclined to and excel at: SJs preserve and consolidate, SPs forge and create, NTs innovate and organize, NFs mentor and advocate.

This usually means that SJs usually concern themselves with society, SPs with action, NTs with systems, and NFs with humanitarian causes. It's not that they can't have other interests, but in broad terms these are usually their primary preference/orientation.

So, all types help people in different ways. Specifically to this thread, NTPs help people by changing/refining systems. Thomas Jefferson is a good example of this. NFPs help people by advocating humanitarian causes. Joan of Arc (INFP) and the American Women's Suffrage Movement (begun and lead by ENFPs) are good examples of this. NFPs would have a harder time with changing/refining most systems and NTPs would have a harder time advocating these cause. While NTPs are a bit better at problem-solving, NFPs are a bit better at emotional appeals and rallying support.

In other words, you're full of ****.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, NFPs are better at having and displaying empathy. NTPs usually concern themselves more with "fairness".

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also, NFPs are better at having and displaying empathy. NTPs usually concern themselves more with "fairness".

but having empathy towards people is fairness, at least towards some people. the difference with NFPs and NTPs with this is that NFPs have empathy pretty much all the time. with NTPs it has to come through fairness filter, if the person wont deserve it, hes not getting any. with NFPs(at least in healthy ones), it seems that only the actions towards empathy gets filtered if needed. but heavy Te ENFPs(or some mature ones, who might not be too heavy on Te, but learned to use it properly) might act more like Ts in this regard, but are still good using it when needed. i think while NTPs mature, they start to loosen on this fairness filter on empathy, i know i have, but still got one

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
NTPs are better at recognizing producing snark (which is clearly the intent of the thread). It is clear to me that INTP is snarkin' up the place and NFPs are getting all bent out of shape, not always recognizing the jest behind NTP arrogance. I think it's funny.

G

garbage

NTPs are better at recognizing producing snark (which is clearly the intent of the thread). It is clear to me that INTP is snarkin' up the place and NFPs are getting all bent out of shape, not always recognizing the jest behind NTP arrogance. I think it's funny.

One can recognize and completely understand a joke but still think that it's tasteless, tired, or otherwise not funny.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One can recognize and completely understand a joke but still think that it's tasteless, tired, or otherwise not funny.

This

Plus, somehow if the tables were turned, the joke may suddenly be "unintelligent" or "just another insecure NFP" , or, anything else you could think to conjure up. But, since the (lame and boring) premise of the joke was, "NTP's are better than NFP's in every way" the joke is "snarky", and witty, and people aren't laughing because "they just don't get it" and "they're easily offended." Trust me when I say that this kind of joke isn't over anyone's head, but it may just as well have been a crude and arrogant knock-knock joke.

"Knock-knock"
"Who's there?"
"You'd know if you were an NTP, because then you'd know everything."

LAME!!!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread would have been a lot more hilarious if it was set up like a rap battle for who's better....(Since that's all it's really supposed to be anyway...)

Yo, yo.

Turn the mic up

My names Shortnsweet, I’m an S.F. P!
NTP’s have trouble getting laid (unlike ME)
so keep ya hands out yo’ pants
tho ya can’t get romance
and go back to the dork convention where you belong INTP!

Ohhhhh…. Thatswhathesaid y’all…

( My ethnicity and geographical location just became blatantly obvious with this post, I know.... I know....)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My sensibilities. They have been threatened.

Why would you say such a thing?

No, no! no no.. This is much too NF. You are supposed to respond with NTP defensive/hurt technique. Something like. First of all, NTP's don't get involved in rap battles, since studies show that everyone who has ever belonged to one is below the Farkman Doberloggie's perception quotient. And they are shown to have higher rate of ridiculousness on the Thompkins scale. Also, a study showed that NTP's get laid almost as many times as much as SFP's in any given week. Given the outliers of losers who type themselves NTP's (but are really SFP's), true NTP's are likely to get laid more than anyone else. Fact.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1:

I think you have won the thread in those last few posts, Shortnsweet.

And while I do not share your opinion about the unfunny of this thread, you display a good argument for the win of the SFPs :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTPs are highly intuitive and perceptive. They're good at reading people and situations and even better at finding solutions. That also puts them in the running for good listeners because they know when to listen and how.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Hooooooo.....that's funny. Tell me another one! :happy2:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFPs kick seriously more butt than NTPs.

ed16.jpg

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Anything NFP can do NTP can do better, NTP can do anything better than NFP", la la la la la la la............