• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What can NFPs do that NTPs can't do better?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both INFPs and INTPs kind of suck at providing evidence for their beliefs. It's basically "this is true because I said it's true. It makes sense and if you can't see it you're blind." ENFPs and ENTPs don't seem quite as bad, I think because of higher level Je. INTPs in particular will always try and "reason" with you why you must be wrong. They use "logic" to get themselves out of anything. INFPs do the same thing with personal matters.

Basically, you all suck because you aren't TJs. :biggrin:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
" Originally Posted by shortnsweet
As you can see, I'm just clinging to every word, here. It all makes perfect sense.

You have proven, one post at a time, that NT's are excellent listeners, know when and how to listen.. and are awesome at finding clear and effective solutions. Not only that, they have the charismatic ability to convince everyone around them that their solutions are fitting-motivating everyone to follow through. Each and every point here has been well researched and thought out, (the usual NT fashion.) Who needs to look at previous research when you are clearly a scientist yourself?

Creating contests, stating clear studied facts, and genuinely listening to others and then politely correcting them... That's what interpersonal relationships are all about. NT's also have a very well developed sense of their audience, and know exactly what to say next to sway them even further.

Bravo."

hahaha winner

Best post in thread.

... and shortnsweet wins the thread! Mazel tov! :D

:D Thanks, folks.

it would appear that what began as a friendly and humorous competition has now spiralled into a "you're a troll!" "no you're a troll!" thread. I take my leave

It appears that a friendly and humorous contest of,

"NTP's are better at everything (it's a contest)"
"no they're not"
"yes they are"
"No they're not because blah blah blah"
"wrong, come up with a better argument."
"No, you're wrong. NF's lose."
"No, NT's lose!"

Has turned into

"No you're a troll"
"No you're a troll!!"
"No, you're a troll..."

I guess it can still be as fun as we make it out to be, though... :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Both INFPs and INTPs kind of suck at providing evidence for their beliefs. It's basically "this is true because I said it's true. It makes sense and if you can't see it you're blind." ENFPs and ENTPs don't seem quite as bad, I think because of higher level Je. INTPs in particular will always try and "reason" with you why you must be wrong. They use "logic" to get themselves out of anything. INFPs do the same thing with personal matters.

Hmm, I dont think dominant Ne's are better at proving a point. They may be more assertive and improvise on the fly but I dont think they had been convinced of it by themselves in the first place. Ti's and Fi's have to learn vocalisation, that is true.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFP`s and INTP`s

what would you do?
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkxEXKoklI"]what would an infp or intp do?[/YOUTUBE]

im betting an intp would sit quietly shocked and just observe, or might be the offending person :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, I dont think dominant Ne's are better at proving a point. They may be more assertive and improvise on the fly but I dont think they had been convinced of it by themselves in the first place.

Too true... quoted for emphasis. Seems to be a big NFP/NTP misunderstanding that we actually hold any ridiculous theory we decide to share as fact ;) It's like, yeah, of course I could be wrong. That's what I'm trying to figure out in the first place...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP`s and INTP`s

what would you do?
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkxEXKoklI"]what would an infp or intp do?[/YOUTUBE]

im betting an intp would sit quietly shocked and just observe, or might be the offending person :)

I'm an ENFP. I would confront that bitch.

A

A window to the soul

Hmm, I dont think dominant Ne's are better at proving a point. They may be more assertive and improvise on the fly but I dont think they had been convinced of it by themselves in the first place. Ti's and Fi's have to learn vocalisation, that is true.

^ +1

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP`s and INTP`s

what would you do?

Pretty much any type could be on either side of that. Sometimes, when you're stressed, you say or do things you normally never would.

I think if I were in it, I probably would ignore it, but if the offender tried to get me involved, I'd say something like, "yes, it is slightly annoying, but this person is a human being deserving the same dignity as anybody else." I mean, in all seriousness, I can understand why a person would be annoyed if they're in a rush and need to get somewhere. But there are certain things you just don't say to people. It's good to have a little common decency.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pretty much any type could be on either side of that. Sometimes, when you're stressed, you say or do things you normally never would.

I think if I were in it, I probably would ignore it, but if the offender tried to get me involved, I'd say something like, "yes, it is slightly annoying, but this person is a human being deserving the same dignity as anybody else." I mean, in all seriousness, I can understand why a person would be annoyed if they're in a rush and need to get somewhere. But there are certain things you just don't say to people. It's good to have a little common decency.

True, it's not necessarily type related, it's ethics related...but I bet an ENFx would be more likely to speak out than an IxFJ (I suspect the women in the video who were terrified or simply avoidant of confrontation with the offender to be IxFJs, because they knew exactly how to play along and keep harmony).

INTx would also probably be less likely to say something, but for different reasons - mainly just wanting to keep to themselves and not get involved, or possibly not caring.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok ultimate test:

HipHop, more of a xnfp or xntp thing ? :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0YGpjglhaY"].[/YOUTUBE]

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok ultimate test:

Any personality type can appreciate any form of music. Certain types, if producing it though, might have a slightly different take on it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Any personality type can appreciate any form of music. Certain types, if producing it though, might have a slightly different take on it.

Nah. The school bullies which called me nerd always listened to hiphop and everyone knows those are Fs ! :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As you can see, I'm just clinging to every word, here. It all makes perfect sense.

You have proven, one post at a time, that NT's are excellent listeners, know when and how to listen.. and are awesome at finding clear and effective solutions. Not only that, they have the charismatic ability to convince everyone around them that their solutions are fitting-motivating everyone to follow through. Each and every point here has been well researched and thought out, (the usual NT fashion.) Who needs to look at previous research when you are clearly a scientist yourself?

Creating contests, stating clear studied facts, and genuinely listening to others and then politely correcting them... That's what interpersonal relationships are all about. NT's also have a very well developed sense of their audience, and know exactly what to say next to sway them even further.

Bravo.

908fbdf4a2282715bcf2fd82a5a80472.jpg

Too true... quoted for emphasis. Seems to be a big NFP/NTP misunderstanding that we actually hold any ridiculous theory we decide to share as fact ;) It's like, yeah, of course I could be wrong. That's what I'm trying to figure out in the first place...

lol yes exactly

INFP`s and INTP`s

what would you do?

hahaha

i might just observe for a minute or so, giving her semi-nasty looks, but i think i'd tell a bitch off pretty quickly lol
whether this is a strength or weakness, i do not know

-admitting our faults

QFT

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP`s and INTP`s

what would you do?

I couldn't hold back from saying something If I TRIED.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Ok ultimate test:

Not mine I hope.

To the OP, if you can't see Fi and Fe as skills, I'm really not sure what to say. The ability to maintain social harmony, the ability to get a friend out of a depressed state, the ability to get strangers to like and trust you quickly... I could go on and on. Is this just one of those notorious NT experiments where they make up arguments just to see how the opposition will react? Dayum.

A

Anew Leaf

This thread almost seems like the perfect place to unveil my "theory on how to live forever"! But not yet...

Also may I chime in and add that NFs are better at pudding?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is this just one of those notorious NT experiments where they make up arguments just to see how the opposition will react?

imo, he sort of knows he's just fucking with us. but he sort of actually thinks he's right. also somewhere deep down there is an insecurity/frustration combined with a decent sense of humor, which is fueling all of this.

:whistling:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???

Do you have any evidence for your belief there or is it just because you said it is like that? :laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
imo, he sort of knows he's just fucking with us. but he sort of actually thinks he's right. also somewhere deep down there is an insecurity/frustration combined with a decent sense of humor, which is fueling all of this.

:whistling:

Yea, messing around is likely.... Kind of silly though.

"NTP's are better at interpersonal relationships than NFP's."

It's like saying, "Ice cream is saltier than pizza." Kind of a lame thing to say since the only response is, "No it's not." /end discussion.