User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 136

  1. #81
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Both INFPs and INTPs kind of suck at providing evidence for their beliefs. It's basically "this is true because I said it's true. It makes sense and if you can't see it you're blind." ENFPs and ENTPs don't seem quite as bad, I think because of higher level Je. INTPs in particular will always try and "reason" with you why you must be wrong. They use "logic" to get themselves out of anything. INFPs do the same thing with personal matters.

    Basically, you all suck because you aren't TJs.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  2. #82
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post
    " Originally Posted by shortnsweet
    As you can see, I'm just clinging to every word, here. It all makes perfect sense.

    You have proven, one post at a time, that NT's are excellent listeners, know when and how to listen.. and are awesome at finding clear and effective solutions. Not only that, they have the charismatic ability to convince everyone around them that their solutions are fitting-motivating everyone to follow through. Each and every point here has been well researched and thought out, (the usual NT fashion.) Who needs to look at previous research when you are clearly a scientist yourself?

    Creating contests, stating clear studied facts, and genuinely listening to others and then politely correcting them... That's what interpersonal relationships are all about. NT's also have a very well developed sense of their audience, and know exactly what to say next to sway them even further.

    Bravo."

    hahaha winner

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Best post in thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ... and shortnsweet wins the thread! Mazel tov!
    Thanks, folks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it would appear that what began as a friendly and humorous competition has now spiralled into a "you're a troll!" "no you're a troll!" thread. I take my leave
    It appears that a friendly and humorous contest of,

    "NTP's are better at everything (it's a contest)"
    "no they're not"
    "yes they are"
    "No they're not because blah blah blah"
    "wrong, come up with a better argument."
    "No, you're wrong. NF's lose."
    "No, NT's lose!"

    Has turned into

    "No you're a troll"
    "No you're a troll!!"
    "No, you're a troll..."


    ...

    I guess it can still be as fun as we make it out to be, though...
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  3. #83
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Both INFPs and INTPs kind of suck at providing evidence for their beliefs. It's basically "this is true because I said it's true. It makes sense and if you can't see it you're blind." ENFPs and ENTPs don't seem quite as bad, I think because of higher level Je. INTPs in particular will always try and "reason" with you why you must be wrong. They use "logic" to get themselves out of anything. INFPs do the same thing with personal matters.

    Basically, you all suck because you aren't TJs.
    Hmm, I dont think dominant Ne's are better at proving a point. They may be more assertive and improvise on the fly but I dont think they had been convinced of it by themselves in the first place. Ti's and Fi's have to learn vocalisation, that is true.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #84
    Senior Member knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    409

    Default

    INFP`s and INTP`s

    what would you do?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkxEXKoklI"]what would an infp or intp do?[/YOUTUBE]

    im betting an intp would sit quietly shocked and just observe, or might be the offending person

  5. #85
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hmm, I dont think dominant Ne's are better at proving a point. They may be more assertive and improvise on the fly but I dont think they had been convinced of it by themselves in the first place.
    Too true... quoted for emphasis. Seems to be a big NFP/NTP misunderstanding that we actually hold any ridiculous theory we decide to share as fact It's like, yeah, of course I could be wrong. That's what I'm trying to figure out in the first place...
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

  6. #86
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    INFP`s and INTP`s

    what would you do?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkxEXKoklI"]what would an infp or intp do?[/YOUTUBE]

    im betting an intp would sit quietly shocked and just observe, or might be the offending person
    I'm an ENFP. I would confront that bitch.

  7. #87
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hmm, I dont think dominant Ne's are better at proving a point. They may be more assertive and improvise on the fly but I dont think they had been convinced of it by themselves in the first place. Ti's and Fi's have to learn vocalisation, that is true.
    ^ +1

  8. #88
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    INFP`s and INTP`s

    what would you do?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkxEXKoklI"]what would an infp or intp do?[/YOUTUBE]

    im betting an intp would sit quietly shocked and just observe, or might be the offending person
    Pretty much any type could be on either side of that. Sometimes, when you're stressed, you say or do things you normally never would.

    I think if I were in it, I probably would ignore it, but if the offender tried to get me involved, I'd say something like, "yes, it is slightly annoying, but this person is a human being deserving the same dignity as anybody else." I mean, in all seriousness, I can understand why a person would be annoyed if they're in a rush and need to get somewhere. But there are certain things you just don't say to people. It's good to have a little common decency.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  9. #89
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Pretty much any type could be on either side of that. Sometimes, when you're stressed, you say or do things you normally never would.

    I think if I were in it, I probably would ignore it, but if the offender tried to get me involved, I'd say something like, "yes, it is slightly annoying, but this person is a human being deserving the same dignity as anybody else." I mean, in all seriousness, I can understand why a person would be annoyed if they're in a rush and need to get somewhere. But there are certain things you just don't say to people. It's good to have a little common decency.
    True, it's not necessarily type related, it's ethics related...but I bet an ENFx would be more likely to speak out than an IxFJ (I suspect the women in the video who were terrified or simply avoidant of confrontation with the offender to be IxFJs, because they knew exactly how to play along and keep harmony).

    INTx would also probably be less likely to say something, but for different reasons - mainly just wanting to keep to themselves and not get involved, or possibly not caring.

  10. #90
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Ok ultimate test:

    HipHop, more of a xnfp or xntp thing ?

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0YGpjglhaY"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What can an INFP (me) do to attract an ENFP (him)?
    By grapesoda in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 10:46 PM
  2. What can an SJ do that an NJ can't?
    By Perch420 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
  3. What can we do with this?
    By Giggly in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
  4. Now that I know my type, what can I do with it?
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
  5. Can anyone guess what I'm doing right now!?
    By 527468 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO