User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 136

  1. #61
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Frankly, the OP is just cheer-leading for a specific type. No facts, no studies, no objective data, just subjective judgments.

    Ergo, troll. As has been mentioned several times in this thread. It's been done before. Be more original.

    Fail. Go back to your hole and make sacrifices to your Dark Lord, eat bugs, or whatever makes you feel better about yourself.
    The incessant, "My dog is better than your dog" type of threads are worse than watching Glenn Beck cry about his pet gerbils addicted to crack.

  2. #62
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The incessant, "My dog is better than your dog" type of threads are worse than watching Glenn Beck cry about his pet gerbils addicted to crack.
    Hey! Maybe ENTPs are superior at imitating Glenn Beck because of that tert Fe.

  3. #63
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    NFP idea of a harmonious society:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY1xxhlq4RU"].[/YOUTUBE]

    NTP definition of harmonious:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98IWdc-Zb0"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #64
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    NTPs are highly intuitive and perceptive. They're good at reading people and situations and even better at finding solutions. That also puts them in the running for good listeners because they know when to listen and how.

    Those are usually qualities/skills I attribute to NFPs, but I maintain that NTPs can help people more effectively, affect social change, and everything else NFPs are known for (except crying).

    So I ask you, what is something that the NFPs can do better than the NTPs? Also, prove it; if you can think of something, let's create a contest and see who does better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I disagree. I think NTPs are better at this.



    It depends on the quality of interpersonal relationship. I would posit that an NTP would thrive in an authentic relationship whereas an NFP would do better in an inauthentic relationship.



    That's not really a skill.



    This is easy to say but not easy to really understand or prove. In my experience, this isn't the case. The NFPs that I know think they know themselves, and say they do, but I question whether they really do.

    If you can think of a test for any of these, we should but the Fs and Ts to the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    NTPs don't blurt things out because they're compelled to. They do it because they don't see the advantage to holding back. It's not that they CAN'T consider other people's feelings--they can--it's just that they don't care. I'd bet that if NTPs tried to hold the group together, they could do a better job than NFPs, ergo, they possess more skill, albeit less motivation to demonstrate the skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Not a skill, just an interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    So what exactly is the skill here? Affecting change? I'm not sure passionate fighting is a good tool for that. I would bet that most if not all the NFPs that you're thinking about got executed or assassinated. Amirite?



    Your examples are of people who create art rather than appreciate art, and even then, we could get into a debate about whether they're really making art or just hanging up urinals. But let's say you were talking about "sensitivity to art." I'm not sure NFPs will win that, and, it's very hard to quantify, if not define. If you want to try, go for it.



    Nah. NTPs will seduce you slowly and for years to come. NFPs will seduce you faster, but you'll get over it sooner when you start getting tired of their obsessions and habits.



    Male or female? This might be determined by gender rather than personality.



    They may just be inspiring people who are similar to them who share their values, in which case they're not really inspiring at all, just calling attention to what the people already believe. It's more impressive to inspire someone who doesn't already think like you do. I'm too tired to think of examples, but I don't think NFs have won here.



    Complex subject, but I think it's a tie at best.



    Says who? What about quality? How is this different from artistic appreciations, above?



    Disagree. A mature NTP will have his values worked out. It's not as rare as you think.



    You haven't proven any of them!



    Bullshit, I'm the fucking dog whisperer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    We don't need a competition for this. Yer wrong. NTPs are better at staying cool and focusing on facts.



    This is a skill?

    - cover up their frustration

    i can feel an angry NTP from 2 rooms away. my NTP family members will come in steaming and storming and growling and snappy and wonder why i look upset. hello? you're acting like an angry boar, and you're wondering why i look a little thrown off balance?



    BS. NTPs can do this with their observations. Challenge.



    True, but when we give a compliment, it's genuine, well-thought out, and meaningful. Quality > quantity, baby



    So repress their emotions? Okay, you can have that one.



    That's because you don't have pet theories, duh. (Winning.)



    Perfect, but we need a few subjects, not just one. So we're testing who can make someone feel understood moar better?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Well aren't you fun?


    Go away
    As you can see, I'm just clinging to every word, here. It all makes perfect sense.

    You have proven, one post at a time, that NT's are excellent listeners, know when and how to listen.. and are awesome at finding clear and effective solutions. Not only that, they have the charismatic ability to convince everyone around them that their solutions are fitting-motivating everyone to follow through. Each and every point here has been well researched and thought out, (the usual NT fashion.) Who needs to look at previous research when you are clearly a scientist yourself?

    Creating contests, stating clear studied facts, and genuinely listening to others and then politely correcting them... That's what interpersonal relationships are all about. NT's also have a very well developed sense of their audience, and know exactly what to say next to sway them even further.

    Bravo.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  5. #65
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    they're better at refraining from making obnoxious competitive self-congratulatory threads such as this one
    No they're not.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #66
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
    Well, we TRY at least.




    Isn't it more advantageous to not know who you are, so you can be anyone you want?
    that's a good question, but no. there is a difference between doing whatever you want and being whoever you want. for instance, an ISTP and an ENFP are wired extremely differently. they have different needs, different cognitive prowesses and different preferences. MBTI is not what you do, it's HOW you do it. an ENTP could become a revolutionary hero, but he would not have the intense conviction possible only through Fi. TPs have more analytical powers and calculating abilities, but FPs have more charisma and conviction. I think of it a lot like singers. a soprano (high voice) can sing low, a mezzo (low voice) can sing high, but they're most comfortable singing high and low respectively and can wear out the voice (that's why they have different types of voice categories in opera. if they didn't, singing would destroy their voices). the same is true for MBTI. an INFJ or INFP is not built for the military the same way say an ENTJ might be. likewise, an ENTJ artist if he didn't realize he was ENTJ would be very confused, but one who was ENTJ and knew it could say "I'm an ENTJ, so obviously something like art is going to be confusing to me. I might have to approach it a different way and it might take me a longer time to get because Feeling is my last function"
    conclusion: knowing who you are increases your potential rather than locking you in a box as the common myth would have you believe
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #67
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    NTs in general make the mistake that everyone is the same and that they can use their same systems and techniques the same way on every person they see (my INTJ friend struggles with this too. he had difficultly grasping MBTI for this reason). NFPs know how to change up their approach on a more individual basis
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #68
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    NTs in general make the mistake that everyone is the same and that they can use their same systems and techniques the same way on every person they see (my INTJ friend struggles with this too. he had difficultly grasping MBTI for this reason). NFPs know how to change up their approach on a more individual basis
    Generalizing about people who generalize.... Very clever, Elfboy!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  9. #69
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Generalizing about people who generalize.... Very clever, Elfboy!
    you've missed the point of this thread and especially my last post. this thread is a competition of natural strengths and weaknesses. certain types ARE naturally better at things than other types. to deny this is to deny much of the reason for having a temperament model in the first place. it's not an excuse to say "I'm better than you because I'm XYZ type"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #70
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you've missed the point of this thread and especially my last post. this thread is a competition of natural strengths and weaknesses. certain types ARE naturally better at things than other types. to deny this is to deny much of the reason for having a temperament model in the first place. it's not an excuse to say "I'm better than you because I'm XYZ type"
    Oh, yes. I missed the point. I thought the OP was saying, "NTP's are naturally better at things that NFP's claim to be naturally good at." (Rereads OP.) Yea, I'm still missing the point.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What can an INFP (me) do to attract an ENFP (him)?
    By grapesoda in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 10:46 PM
  2. What can an SJ do that an NJ can't?
    By Perch420 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
  3. What can we do with this?
    By Giggly in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
  4. Now that I know my type, what can I do with it?
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
  5. Can anyone guess what I'm doing right now!?
    By 527468 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO