User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    * Before someone mentions that Jung identified as INTP, let me state for the record that I believe him to be an INFJ.
    you belief about his type means nothing because people who knew him said that he was an INTP. he didnt say his own type on his interviews, but he say few things about himself and said that what he said is enough for people who know the typology to give him a diagnosis from his words. he said something like rational/logical, not in tune with feeling matters of self or other people, introverted and something that described Ji instead of Je. and something else clearly referring to an INTP.

ps. horneys concept of neurotic coping strategies isnt really a topology, they are just coping strategies, you could compare it to jungs work of complexes.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ps. horneys concept of neurotic coping strategies isnt really a topology, they are just coping strategies
    She identifies three strategies and says everyone leads with one: When pressured in conflict, one tends to either disengage (Withdrawn), go on the offensive (Aggressive) or submit (Compliant). That's a three-fold typology in my book, and one that I find a useful supplement to MBTI.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If superpowers were real, NFPs would have better ones.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You haven't proven any of them!
    No one has proven anything on this thread, except that both NFPs and NTPs are good at making giant blanket statements without backing them up.

Also, the question in the OP has already been answered, but things are still keeping on keepin' on... so I think a better title for this thread would be "Who's Better: NFP or NTP? I won't quit until I win." Which is pointless, honestly. Hasn't it been proven time and time again that there is no such thing as type superiority? I understand comparing/contrasting skills - which was happening here for a little while (even though none of it was "proven" per se) - but I don't get what's happening under the surface.

Sigh. Whatever.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

NTPs I know dont understand deep psychological problems in ppl so they cant help them in that field as much as nfp can

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

NTPs are highly intuitive and perceptive. They're good at reading people and situations and even better at finding solutions. That also puts them in the running for good listeners because they know when to listen and how.

Those are usually qualities/skills I attribute to NFPs, but I maintain that NTPs can help people more effectively, affect social change, and everything else NFPs are known for (except crying).

So I ask you, what is something that the NFPs can do better than the NTPs? Also, prove it; if you can think of something, let's create a contest and see who does better.
    What are you really asking here? Trying to place yourself within the context of your own type? Maybe you are an NFP but are in denial...

And since you are the person drawing conclusions - let's see your premises.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

garbage

Well aren't you fun?

Go away
    This thread isn't fun. In fact, it's terribly boring. It's the same old rehashed "x is the superior type" discussion.

It'll be fun once you can throw some actual discussion out there, I promise. It's not up to us to entertain you.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Not sure if anyone has said this already but i imaging nfp's would be better at Idealising since nfp's tend to be more idealist versus the ntp's realism. Although i think again it's a generalisation.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

-admitting our faults
    -not being an asshole

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Frankly, the OP is just cheer-leading for a specific type. No facts, no studies, no objective data, just subjective judgments.

Ergo, troll. As has been mentioned several times in this thread. It's been done before. Be more original.

Fail. Go back to your hole and make sacrifices to your Dark Lord, eat bugs, or whatever makes you feel better about yourself.