MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Do you know your type?
    Ah oops. Well sort of. I'm pretty sure of NTP but this thread might drive me over to the E-side

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    He didn't give any rational basis or explanation for his claims, and bologna has already so kindly pointed that out.
    It's called starting with a theory and then getting ideas from other people about it. This isn't about any serious claims of NTP superiority. That's a bunch of nonsense of course.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    These posts are not of the flavor, "I blurt things out and I just don't give a damn"; they're of the flavor, "I blurt things out and I regret having done so. whoops"

If you're confident in your claims, then back them up with some actual logic. Or evidence. Or something. And come up with some tests yourself.

If you're not going to try, nobody here should waste their time trying to convince you.
    Well aren't you fun?

Go away

A window to the soul

^

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

- NTPs miss things for years until they can objectively quantify them. the NFP on the other hand knew it from the get go and capitalized on the thing the ENTP was overly critical of
    - NFPs know they can't objectively quantify everything
    - to answer one of your previous questions a little more thoroughly, knowing one's self is advantageous because it allows one to know what he really wants and therefore allows him to be happier and more successful overall
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    It's called starting with a theory and then getting ideas from other people about it. This isn't about any serious claims of NTP superiority. That's a bunch of nonsense of course.
    I know what he's doing. I've noted a pattern in his behavior. That's why he's not responding to me. He has me on ignore.

Have a nice day, Luna, I know you mean well, but I know what he's doing.

*exits silly thread*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

- cover up their frustration

i can feel an angry NTP from 2 rooms away. my NTP family members will come in steaming and storming and growling and snappy and wonder why i look upset. hello? you're acting like an angry boar, and you're wondering why i look a little thrown off balance?
    Yes, you've totally got us on that one....

- smile genuinely when they are displeased

i said genuinely, ENTPs, stop smirking.
    Darn it, so close! NFPs are also better at seeing through the internet to other people...

- not cry when someone completely dismantles one of their pet theories
    Sadly true

as for a challenge, if we were together in person, i would stage this competition:

- given 5 minutes to talk 1-on-1, who makes (test subject) feel more understood?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - NFPs know they can't objectively quantify everything
    Well, we TRY at least.

- to answer one of your previous questions a little more thoroughly, knowing one's self is advantageous because it allows one to know what he really wants and therefore allows him to be happier and more successful overall
    Isn't it more advantageous to not know who you are, so you can be anyone you want?
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

okay, you asked for it
    1) fighting passionately for their convictions (Joan of Arc)
    2) appreciation of art and beauty (large number of NFP artists, performers and musicians)
    3) seducing the opposite sex (Casanova)
    4) better fashion sense overall (large number of NFP fashion designers)
    5) inspiring people (
    6) knowing one's self (Fi deals with this thoroughly)
    7) musical performance (disproportional number of NFP singers)
    8) a more indivualistic set of values (again, Fi as opposed to Fe group values)
    9) better F/T balance (can't prove this one, just observation)
    10) better with children and pets (personal experience and observation. can't exactly prove this one either)
    2) i think it might be true if you only compared ENFP and INFP to ENTP, but i wouldnt say that NFPs have generally more appreciation for art than INTPs. from my observation NFPs are into art more on surface level than INTPs who really want to dig deep into things they like.
    3) ENP thing vs INP thing, not NFP vs NTP
    6) at least INTPs can be really good at knowing themselves, more so than ENFPs usually are. NFP knowing of self seems(to me) to be usually more of like knowing what they like, how they feel about something etc, while INTP knowing of self is more psychological knowledge of self, how their own psyche works in more rational level. dunno about ENTPs much, but i bet ENFPs are better at this than ENTPs. i dont think there is much overall difference between NFP and NTP on this one, because both can be good at this on surface level or at deeper level.
    7) actually i think NTPs are bit better at this, NTP music seems to be better on technical level, so when talking about good musical performance its about being able to perform technically challenging stuff perfectly. but usually NFPs tend to be bit better at writing songs that really touch people and are good in that sort of way, but thats not really musical performance
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

Better typologists...?

Isabel Myers (INFP) took the 8 Jungian* cognitive functions, observed people around her, and came up with the MBTI. Pretty impressive, and not unrelated to Fi vs. Ti, I'd say. She used Fi to get inside the head of people very different from herself and extrapolated patterns with Ne.

Keirsey (INTP) then noticed that her SJs and her SPs were more similar than her STs and SFs, but that was also based on previous four-fold typologies. And he is too simplistic and schematic, wanting people to conform to his system more than they do, whereas Myers is more fluid and nuanced. I'm much more impressed by Gifts Differing than I am by Please Understand Me.

I am also impressed by Karen Horney (INFP) who, like Myers, observed people and figured out a meaningful typology.

I'm not saying that I refuse to believe that NTPs could typologize just as well if they put their mind to it; I am just not aware of examples.

* Before someone mentions that Jung identified as INTP, let me state for the record that I believe him to be an INFJ.

---

Also, better fiction writers...?

Obviously this is a matter of taste (and I share Fi and Te with the NFPs), but personally I took less pleasure in reading Orwell (ENTP) and Kafka (INTP) than Mark Twain (ENFP) and Shakespeare (INFP), and if I had to forgo a reading experience, I think I'd rather erase xkcd (INTP cartoonist) from my memory than Calvin and Hobbes (INFP cartoonist).

(FYI I'm not totally partial to the NFPs. When it comes to comedy, I gotta go for the cold wit of the NTPs over the silliness of the NFPs. I'm hard pressed to think of an ENFP comedian I prefer to just about any ENTP comedian.)

And I can't even come up with any NTP poets to compare with Blake (INFP) and others.

---

Finally, how about better actors...?

Even when they play variations of themselves, NFPs strike me as having better projection of emotion whereas NTPs are more wooden. Johnny Depp (INFP) vs. Sigourney Weaver (INTP). Robin Williams (ENFP) vs. Sacha Baron Cohen (ENTP).

---

Just my two cents (as the INFPs would say).