Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think this thread is meant as a friendly competition. if anything though, I think NFPs are actually worse about this
    I, for one, have never seen an NFP start a thread like this.

I've also never seen an NFP act quite like SimulatedWorld (famous ENTP ex-forum member).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

edited for moar.

- calmly and kindly present the opposite side of a debate topic they take a clear stance on

a major weakness of NTPs, ime, is their inability to deal neutrally with issues they have strong opinions about. they are quick to put down and quick to shut out those who do not agree with them.

- deal equally with people who are less mentally quick

the NTPs i know tend to have a "mental standard" you are expected to meet, or they do not deign that you are worth their time. or, at the very least, they will treat them quite differently than the people they consider to be up to their standards.

- cover up their frustration

i can feel an angry NTP from 2 rooms away. my NTP family members will come in steaming and storming and growling and snappy and wonder why i look upset. hello? you're acting like an angry boar, and you're wondering why i look a little thrown off balance?

- understand how their emotions are affecting others

along the same lines, i don't think NTPs are particularly adept at understanding emotions, because much of their skill is in making decisions without emotional influence. unfortunately, they seem to forget that others are impacted by their emotions, even if they are not.

- compliment others

seriously it's like getting blood from a stone.

- smile genuinely when they are displeased

i said genuinely, ENTPs, stop smirking.

- not cry when someone completely dismantles one of their pet theories

as for a challenge, if we were together in person, i would stage this competition:

- given 5 minutes to talk 1-on-1, who makes (test subject) feel more understood?

i think that given the sheer range of intragroup difference, there will be many NTPs who can perform up to the strengths of NFPs. by the same token, there will be many NFPs who can perform up to the strengths of NTPs. our personality types are a preference, after all, not a capacity. they make us more statistically likely to be better at certain things, but they do not guarantee any results.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid
    NTPs can help people more effectively
    since you're requesting proof (by which i assume you mean examples, because there's no way we can actually prove these things) from us, i would ask for "proof" of this from you.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    - deal with people who are less mentally quick

- calmly and kindly present the opposite side of a debate topic they take a clear stance on

- cover up their frustration

- deal with rules they dislike

- compliment others

- not cry when someone completely dismantles one of their pet theories

as for a challenge, if we were together in person, i would stage this competition:

- given 5 minutes to talk 1-on-1, who makes (test subject) feel more understood?
    spot on
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    they're better at refraining from making obnoxious competitive self-congratulatory threads such as this one
    Yes, so the NTPs win at having some fun

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    can we add "humility" to the list
    Yes, that can go to the NF side.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I've found through casusal observations that NTP's tend to rely too much on logic as opposed to NFP's who have greater emotional maturity. Also, Fi possess a greater sense of conviction and resolve than Ti ever could, Fi generates a greater emotiona lresponse and will act of it, Ti will just sit and analyze something to death all day.
    And also this.

The NFPs also have us beat overall with integrating emotion and analysis. They're a lot better at taking those kinds of things seriously. And they are better at keeping things calm and not exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think this thread is meant as a friendly competition. if anything though, I think NFPs are actually worse about this
    Indeed. We still win at playful debate

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Luna Luminosity
    The NFPs also have us beat overall with integrating emotion and analysis. They're a lot better at taking those kinds of things seriously.
    Very true, Fi gives us better use of our innereomtions, but NTP's have a level of internal logic that no one else has.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Feelings. Understanding feelings. Helping others understand their feelings.
    I disagree. I think NTPs are better at this.

Being socially and interpersonally inclined.
    It depends on the quality of interpersonal relationship. I would posit that an NTP would thrive in an authentic relationship whereas an NFP would do better in an inauthentic relationship.

Joining the peacecorp.
    That's not really a skill.

Getting "in touch with themselves"
    This is easy to say but not easy to really understand or prove. In my experience, this isn't the case. The NFPs that I know think they know themselves, and say they do, but I question whether they really do.

If you can think of a test for any of these, we should but the Fs and Ts to the test.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

An NTP would do better in an authentic relationship and an NFP would do better in an inauthentic relationship?

I'm not even sure what you're talking about anyway. All I see is "look at me, look at me" narcissism, par usual.

Carry on, blatantly ignoring that functional attitudes don't determine overt behaviors.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    You hear constant talk from NTPs on this forum about how they just can't seem to find the right psychological distance with people. From the extroverted variety, you'll also hear about how, in group settings, they often blurt out the first thing that comes to mind without considering the group first.

Also, the whole "preference != skill" thing.

Can I please re-join the NF team, just for this contest? This thread shames me into wanting to disown the NT label.
    NTPs don't blurt things out because they're compelled to. They do it because they don't see the advantage to holding back. It's not that they CAN'T consider other people's feelings--they can--it's just that they don't care. I'd bet that if NTPs tried to hold the group together, they could do a better job than NFPs, ergo, they possess more skill, albeit less motivation to demonstrate the skill.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I disagree. I think NTPs are better at this.

It depends on the quality of interpersonal relationship. I would posit that an NTP would thrive in an authentic relationship whereas an NFP would do better in an inauthentic relationship.

That's not really a skill.

This is easy to say but not easy to really understand or prove. In my experience, this isn't the case. The NFPs that I know think they know themselves, and say they do, but I question whether they really do.

If you can think of a test for any of these, we should but the Fs and Ts to the test.
    bold: HELL no lol
    you have us confused with NFJ politicians

underlined: it's hard to prove because it's feeling, which is by it's very nature subjective, especially introverted feeling, which is the function most closely connected with the subconscious

that leads me to my next point on NFP pwnage: not having to sit around proving everything
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    give a flying fuck about other people.
    Not a skill, just an interest.