MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    good for us
    Do you have a poll to back that up? I can only take you seriously if you do.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Do you have a poll to back that up? I can only take you seriously if you do.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Better typologists...?

(...)

I am also impressed by Karen Horney (INFP) who, like Myers, observed people and figured out a meaningful typology.
    ps. horneys concept of neurotic coping strategies isnt really a topology, they are just coping strategies, you could compare it to jungs work of complexes.
    She identifies three strategies and says everyone leads with one: When pressured in conflict, one tends to either disengage (Withdrawn), go on the offensive (Aggressive) or submit (Compliant). That's a three-fold typology in my book, and one that I find a useful supplement to MBTI.
    well in books of real psychology, its not categorized as typology. my personality psychology professor talked about horneys stuff(including those neurotic coping strategies) on one lecture, so dont bother trying to argue(if you disagree, do some study about what typology means and look more into vocabulary of psychology). even if you find it as a useful supplement to MBTI, that doesent make it any more of an typology, they are coping styles.
    Way to miss the point of my post, INTP.

PS: Srsly, the above smiley has taken the place of rolleyes.gif? Why?! That is, I know why. But this travesty must be undone! *heads to Feedback*

Banned

Default Simples

NFPs kick seriously more butt than NTPs.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Way to miss the point of my post, INTP.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

but NTPs are better at taking these type of comments without getting butt hurt . also NTPs are more efficient on pointing that kind of things out, and thats much needed skill when dealing with NTJs, because they would just most likely disagree with NFPs way of pointing that kind of stuff out, since it wont most likely include the information on why the NFPs opinion differs from the other persons opinion, in other words being too vague description of personal knowledge about the subject.

anyways, i would use bit different wording if i would talk with someone face to face, unless i knew the other person was an TJ of some sort
    Perhaps..but I'd say NFPs have a far better chance of getting an NTJ to review his thoughts and see things from a different perspective, effectively making them take the information supplied on board.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

What I'm saying is that the people on this forum could be characterized as Aggressive, Compliant, and Withdrawn with the same merit that they are typed as INTJs, ESFPs, etc. If terminology is so important to you, feel free to give me another word than 'typology' for the kind of pattern-seeing characterization I had in mind, where one identifies different boxes into which to stuff people. However, as I see it the terminology issue is really a pointless distraction from the OP's desire to figure out what Fi-Ne users might be better at than Ti-Ne users.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

What I'm saying is that the people on this forum could be characterized as Aggressive, Compliant, and Withdrawn with the same merit that they are typed as INTJs, ESFPs, etc. If terminology is so important to you, feel free to give me another word than 'typology' for the kind of pattern-seeing characterization I had in mind, where one identifies different boxes into which to stuff people. However, as I see it the terminology issue is really a pointless distraction from the OP's desire to figure out what Fi-Ne users might be better at than Ti-Ne users.
    lol learn the basics before starting to argue, its really stupid and other people cant really argue with(or correct) you correctly because they would expect that you know the basics and if you dont know the basics, its hard for them to see what basics are you missing.

The German Freudian psychoanalyst Karen Horney defined four so-called coping strategies to define interpersonal relations, one describing psychologically healthy individuals, the others describing neurotic states.

Coping strategies

Moving with

These are the strategies in which psychologically healthy people develop relationships. It involves compromise. In order to move with, there must be communication, agreement, disagreement, compromise, and decisions.

Karen Horney describes the other strategies as a neurotic. This means that they are unhealthy strategies people utilize in order to protect themselves.

Moving toward

The individual moves towards those perceived as a threat to avoid retribution and getting hurt. The argument is, "If I give in, I won't get hurt." This means that: if I give everyone I see as a potential threat whatever they want, I won't be injured (physically or emotionally).

Moving against

The individual threatens those perceived as a threat to avoid getting hurt.

Moving away

The individual distances themselves from anyone perceived as a threat to avoid getting hurt. The argument is, "If I do not let anyone close to me, I won't get hurt." A neurotic, according to Horney desires to be distant because of being abused. If they can be the extreme introvert, no one will ever develop a relationship with them. If there is no one around, nobody can hurt them. These "moving away" people fight personality, so they often come across as cold or shallow. This is their strategy. They emotionally remove themselves from society.
    and what comes to terminology, they are called coping strategies, not typology, like i already mentioned, and as the name says.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Perhaps..but I'd say NFPs have a far better chance of getting an NTJ to review his thoughts and see things from a different perspective, effectively making them take the information supplied on board.
    well, lets see if he can review his thoughts now
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

lol learn the basics before starting to argue, its really stupid and other people cant really argue with(or correct) you correctly because they would expect that you know the basics and if you dont know the basics, its hard for them to see what basics are you missing.
    Congratulations, INTP, you win this month's 'reminding Economica why she should not waste her time posting on the forum' award!